Neighbor was at the game

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I picked his brain about what he saw in real life not limited by screen size or influenced by the talking heads.
He thinks coaches were holding Glennon back the first half. But he is slow (which everyone saw on TV).
Very hyped about Cohen. More hyped from live action than many of us from TV action.

I'm steering away from too much Trubisky hype because we used to talk a lot of Bears before Cutler hype burned everyone, I'm trying to remain as skeptically optimistic as I can without getting my hopes up, but the neighbor is hyped about Trubisky (not sure if he said he was at a preseason game this year).
He said one of the last plays (I forget if it was the 3rd or 4th) when everyone was on one side there was a wide opening to the other side Trubisky would've easily made it through but Glennon's slowness couldn't even attempt.

Of course if Trubisky was in maybe Falcons don't leave wide open gaps for the QB to go through, but that could make a WR more open.
So there's a different view speculating Trubisky at least in the last 4 plays means we win that game.

And it sounds worth it to go to a live game just to watch Cohen's magic.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was at the game, too. Your neighbor is right, the first half was conservative to the point of being boring and frustrating almost to the point of anger. I don't know whether it was because of Glennon and any real or perceived issues throwing it down field. Or, it could have Fox being overly conservative. Or, it could have been they wanted to get a look at what the Falcon's defense was giving them. Or something entirely different. But the fans in the stands were getting frustrated.

The second half was better as they actually made it look like they had more in the playbook than running and 5 yard routes. I don't know where to place the blame on not being able to punch it in from the 5 yard line to win the game. Glennon's lack of mobility certainly doesn't help. Tarik C. certainly will keep things interesting. Jordan H. is the real deal but they need to keep them both healthy.

I didn't hear any Trubisky chants. There was one drunk (or incredibly stupid) meat-heat calling Glennon "Grossman" (same number, I guess) but other than that, no calls for Glennon's head. Plenty of calls for Fox's head. Overall, as some talking head said on the Score Monday morning, Glennon didn't lose the game but didn't play well enough to win it, either.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
The game plan probably appeared conservative because Glennon was missing receivers open 20 yards downfield.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
There was one drunk (or incredibly stupid) meat-heat calling Glennon "Grossman"

Bwahahaha
I didn't like Rex at all but at least he could do more than what Glennon was doing. And also give the ball away.

The game plan probably appeared conservative because Glennon was missing receivers open 20 yards downfield.

I was mainly asking him about open WRs that Glennon was not looking to hinting at Glennon was who was deciding on the dump offs.
Even live it's hard to know for sure what the play called is and what the QB is doing but you do get a better view of whole field for things like the open lane to the end zone that Glennon could've made it to if Glennon could run.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
There is nothing wrong with being hyped about a player.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
There is nothing wrong with being hyped about a player.

It lets you know where he's coming from saying Trubisky would've ran it in.

What's wrong with being hyped is it gets you inflating Rex/Cutler into what they could be if they wouldn't make all those mistakes. And it sets you up for a letdown when they fail (this is the Bears after all).

I could've been hyped if the Bears moved him to starter after the first preseason game. Since they didn't I've backed it down some. Causes a nagging feeling there's something wrong that goes beyond giving a rookie time. I want to believe but if what I want to believe is true why the shit show with Glennon who they either don't trust to play or doesn't trust himself to play.
Of course this staff sat Howard and it's not like the Bears have treated the QB position right in a long time so I can cling to that to stay optimistic and say Trubisky gives us a better chance.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I can't disagree. But we don't know if those misses were entirely Glendon's fault. I won't argue that it is on Glennon, but we don't know to what extent receivers were at fault for not being in the right place at the right time.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was at the game, too. Your neighbor is right, the first half was conservative to the point of being boring and frustrating almost to the point of anger. I don't know whether it was because of Glennon and any real or perceived issues throwing it down field. Or, it could have Fox being overly conservative. Or, it could have been they wanted to get a look at what the Falcon's defense was giving them. Or something entirely different. But the fans in the stands were getting frustrated.

The second half was better as they actually made it look like they had more in the playbook than running and 5 yard routes. I don't know where to place the blame on not being able to punch it in from the 5 yard line to win the game. Glennon's lack of mobility certainly doesn't help. Tarik C. certainly will keep things interesting. Jordan H. is the real deal but they need to keep them both healthy.

I didn't hear any Trubisky chants. There was one drunk (or incredibly stupid) meat-heat calling Glennon "Grossman" (same number, I guess) but other than that, no calls for Glennon's head. Plenty of calls for Fox's head. Overall, as some talking head said on the Score Monday morning, Glennon didn't lose the game but didn't play well enough to win it, either.

Can't see everything on TV but it sure looked like your description.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I'm wondering which holds more weight when assessing the team/players:
The opinion of a friend that knows a player.
Or, the option of a neighbor that attended a live game.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'm wondering which holds more weight when assessing the team/players:
The opinion of a friend that knows a player.
Or, the option of a neighbor that attended a live game.

Someone here is a friend of a player?

I would probably go with the person who saw the game live, especially if it went along with what I saw on TV. It's always good to hear what the camera didn't catch.

A friend of a player doesn't speak to what actually went on in a game.