CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Be prepared to hear that Coach Nick is a fool.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Thanks OP. I haven't been able to see that much preseason, so this is a good look at what they plan to run. I just hope they have the talent for all the perimeter shooting.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks OP. I haven't been able to see that much preseason, so this is a good look at what they plan to run. I just hope they have the talent for all the perimeter shooting.

I'd be more encouraged if I didn't see all of the bricks that they threw up in that video:(

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OMG...that is more drastic than I thought it was going to be. I'm slightly worried about the fit of Gasol/Noah and the outside shots of Butler/Snell/Rose with the temptations they will receive.

but YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! An offense!!! my god we just played 5 years without a coherent system. This is amazing. I have felt like we were the only team left in NBA in the dark ages and our roster was so talented we could out play it paired with good defense. But it was soooooo Brutal!! I mean it wasn't some shitty bottom tier team scoring 75 points...it was a team with 3-4 all stars and its really hard to score only 75 with that much talent, Derrick Rose, and it looked disorganized and I think made Rose look bad as he was the guy supposed to be running some mystery offensive principles I never really saw.

Thibs never seemed too concerned about the offense. Just would say..."We have to make the open looks"

Meanwhile, other teams do things that get them open looks closer to the basket. The other concern of this offense, but if we hit shots like the Spurs it opens things up and it will be nice to see Rose and Butler have some lanes. Interesting offense, interesting roster. We could really freak some teams out.

I enjoyed imagining what the hell the Bucks were thinking just then!!! like...WHAT BULLS IS THIS? My god...they are everywhere and shooters are everywhere. What is happening?

Teams will catch up to us, and I'm afraid as we are learning the offense we are going to see some steals lead to easy fast breaks. I'll gladly give that up to try this.

Thanks Thibs for your work and old school defense!!! But my god man get an offensive minded partner!! my god. My god my god. We shouldn't have had to watch that offense.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
but YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! An offense!!! my god we just played 5 years without a coherent system. This is amazing. I have felt like we were the only team left in NBA in the dark ages and our roster was so talented we could out play it paired with good defense. But it was soooooo Brutal!!

How many good offensive players did the Bulls have under Thibs- prior to signing Gasol and Mirtotic coming over? Two- Korver and Rose- who was constantly hurt (maybe three if you include Boozer who was a decent mid-range shooter). The fact that Thibs cobbled together a playoff team out of Joakim Noah and DJ Augustin is unfuckingbelieveable. He was not sitting on a mountain of offensive talent. Bulls ranked 11th in offensive efficiency last year. Slow paced- but still mostly effective. Had their defense not taken a turn for the worse- maybe they have a better shot against the Cavs

Thibs never seemed too concerned about the offense. Just would say..."We have to make the open looks"

So much fail in this statement. Of course he cared about offense. He openly begged the FO to get him some more shooters. Rose needed then and needs now to be surrounded by shooters. He's not a great PnR PG- but is good at drive and kick. You'd have to be deaf not to have heard Thibs beg for more offensive talent.

I enjoyed imagining what the hell the Bucks were thinking just then!!! like...WHAT BULLS IS THIS? My god...they are everywhere and shooters are everywhere. What is happening?

Dunleavy- he of the bad back and 35 years of age- is still the Bulls only reliably good 3 point shooter. Everyone else is a 'wannabe' good 3 point shooter Jimmy and Brooks were respectable last year. Hoiberg offense- like any offense- works when it has the proper talent to run it. Bulls will play at a much faster pace this season- but are still lacking the shooters to really make this kind of offense lethal. I.E.- still a 2nd round out waiting to happen.

Thanks Thibs for your work and old school defense!!! But my god man get an offensive minded partner!! my god. My god my god. We shouldn't have had to watch that offense.

Careful what you wish for. This Bulls defense may regress, a lot.. If they squeeze into the teens- in defensive efficiency- that will be a major victory. There will be a lot of 115 to 110 games this year. Is that an improvement over 87 to 78? Maybe visually- but it will get them no further.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree about disagree about Dunleavy being the only reliable 3 point shooter. Butlers will improve with open looks, off-season focus, less pressure to score (shot selection) and more rest. I am not going to argue he is ever going to be better at 3's than Dunleavy though.

But McDermot, Mirotic, and quite possibly Portis are another class of shooter. First two are the real deal assassin type for sure. You can just see it. It will come together, better % number years are coming.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I hope that fred hoiberg has a steve kerr effect on the bulls.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
bulls simply lack the outside shooting talent. their bread and butter is still Pau inside and using guys like Taj, Noah, and Portis to dominate the paint rebounding. I hope hoiberg isn't stupid enough to try and fit a square peg into a round hole