New commentator for Hawk games

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sucks. I like Mayers and thought he did a great job. Plus he recently played with the team an has some good inside knowledge.

Granada

Liked Posts:
That sucks. I like Mayers and thought he did a great job. Plus he recently played with the team an has some good inside knowledge.
Yeah, I liked Mayers too. Konroyd I won't really miss though, in all honesty -- nothing against the guy personally, but he was too much of a company man as an analyst and he was very dull/monotone as a color man. Hope this new guy knows his stuff. I think I remember his one broadcast this season and thinking he was okay, small sample size though.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I just don't like that the organization gets to pick the guys that run the commentary on the team. I know they part own NBC sports or whatever, but I still think the broadcast and pre-post game should be separate commentary from the organization.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just don't like that the organization gets to pick the guys that run the commentary on the team. I know they part own NBC sports or whatever, but I still think the broadcast and pre-post game should be separate commentary from the organization.
I don't either, but I think the last thing they want to have is talk that might expose the organization...like another Karpotzev rant or keeping the Aldrich situation in the limelight like it should be. They'll want their yes-men and lapdogs.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't either, but I think the last thing they want to have is talk that might expose the organization...like another Karpotzev rant or keeping the Aldrich situation in the limelight like it should be. They'll want their yes-men and lapdogs.

Agreed. But I think Konroyd was a yes-man, or he came across that way to me.