New leaks dragging Jenkins name through the mud

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This is a distinction without a difference. Claiming they are dragging him thru the mud and saying they are smearing his name is not really that different.

The Bears haven't been silent. They have told everyone he is injured. Did a reporter directly ask them about these reports and they declined to comment?

If you are going to play at being a journalist then don't be disingenuous. Sources come from inside organizations all the time that don't represent what the org leadership wants. That is precisely why they are anonymous because they often are not authorized to speak on behalf of the team or aren't stating a position the team as a whole shares.

None of the above are really hard ideas to grasp but if your brain has rotted from being a hater I can understand why it’s hard to see through cobwebs.
Other than a quick comment that Jenkins "woke up with something", from what I understand the staff didn't mention he was injured until earlier today.

In the meantime, David Kaplan spoke publicly that there was a disconnect between Jenkins and the staff and that there were some maturity concerns, not so much injury. Ian Rappaport then reports the Bears are receiving and holding trade discussions over Jenkins. Obviously something is up. The perception around the league is that Jenkins may be available and the Bears listening to call nearly confirms this.

All that to say, I don't think its a stretch to state that the Bears management are leaving Jenkins out to dry. They are letting the media and fan based speculation drive the narrative. Unless I missed something, did they deny reports of having trade talks? Did they speak positively of Jenkins and his potential amidst some of the public concerns that he isn't motivated and could be lazy? Have they commended him at all for losing weight or anything? They instead are allowing these narratives to linger and multiply into something bigger.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
...we are about to lose out on another 2nd round OL pick with Tevan Jenkins...

... @Black Rainbow told us all along ..

... I expect @dabears70 to post some word-vomit tomorrow morning about being disliked and nothing to do with the topic

Go Riley Reiff or however the fuck you spell his name.

and @Mighty Joe Young will still be fucking rd2d up the thermal detonator while telling us all we are on ignore

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is also training camp for Sigs. And he's now face to face with Remy in the trenches. Rush's first round pick has quite a challenge but as long as he gives 110% everyday he'll continue to get off the bus writing.

Stay hydrated, Sigs. It's a long season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Where there is smoke....BUT I also believe that the Media is capable of making shit up...
There's something going on but yah, smoke signals are easily misread.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Other than a quick comment that Jenkins "woke up with something", from what I understand the staff didn't mention he was injured until earlier today.

In the meantime, David Kaplan spoke publicly that there was a disconnect between Jenkins and the staff and that there were some maturity concerns, not so much injury. Ian Rappaport then reports the Bears are receiving and holding trade discussions over Jenkins. Obviously something is up. The perception around the league is that Jenkins may be available and the Bears listening to call nearly confirms this.

All that to say, I don't think its a stretch to state that the Bears management are leaving Jenkins out to dry. They are letting the media and fan based speculation drive the narrative. Unless I missed something, did they deny reports of having trade talks? Did they speak positively of Jenkins and his potential amidst some of the public concerns that he isn't motivated and could be lazy? Have they commended him at all for losing weight or anything? They instead are allowing these narratives to linger and multiply into something bigger.

Nope this is incorrect. They have said he was day to day with an injury this whole time.

As far as I can tell, they havent been asked about the trade or attitude rumors. They were only asked if he was 100% percent injured and they said yes.

If they came out with a denial without anyone asking them about it, it would likely result in people saying "thou doth protest too much." So the onus is on the media to ask the question.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope this is incorrect. They have said he was day to day with an injury this whole time.

As far as I can tell, they havent been asked about the trade or attitude rumors. They were only asked if he was 100% percent injured and they said yes.

If they came out with a denial without anyone asking them about it, it would likely result in people saying "doth protest too much." So the onus is on the media to ask the question.
“He’s injured. We’re not going to give details as to what it is. But it’s more than a ‘thing’ I flippantly said he he has earlier. But it’s connected to the hits system that’s decimating the line right now. Contrary to rumors being reported, we’re behind tev 100 percent and can’t wait to see him back on the field. We’re going to need his presence this year.”

That’s too much to ask for?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“He’s injured. We’re not going to give details as to what it is. But it’s more than a ‘thing’ I flippantly said he he has earlier. But it’s connected to the hits system that’s decimating the line right now. Contrary to rumors being reported, we’re behind tev 100 percent and can’t wait to see him back on the field. We’re going to need his presence this year.”

That’s too much to ask for?

Flus said from the beginning he is not giving out details on injuries when he is not obligated to do so unless it is a longer term injury.

It is a common strategy by coaches across the NFL. So what you want may not be too much to ask but they are not obligated to say it especially if no one has asked them directly to address the rumors.

Why dont you go ask them directly about the runors or get one of your buddies who can to do so? Frankly I am surprised no one has asked point blank about it. It is like you and the media expect the Bears to do your job for you.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
She made 2 statements.

1. Bears are trying to trade Jenkins who fell out of favor with staff early.
2. Contrary to Eburflus saying the absence is only injury related, he has been at the facility working with trainers.

I promise you that's all she said in that tweet that is visible.

She quite possibly wrote it in a way where people would try to read more into it or take another meaning from it which then spreads disinformation which was part of my issue in the first place.
Is it possible that 1 & 2 are both true? Is it possible that they want him traded because they fell out of favor, and the reason why they fell out of favor is because he is always hurt? He was hurt before the draft, last offseason, this offseason and maybe the coaching staff thinks he should be playing though these injuries.

If you take out "Contrary to" from #2, then it makes sense.

Personally I think it would be a mistake to trade Jenkins at this point. I fell like you are only going to geta 7th Rd. pick for a potential cornerstone RT. When he was on the field he didn't look bad if you could coach him to not commit the penalties.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Maybe they are not "leaving Jenkins out to dry" maybe they are trying to motivate him, I believe that if Jenkins wants to put in the work he will be dominate at the tackle position, but if he wants to cry about injuries for the first few years he is likely to get written off. Maybe, putting him on the trade block helps him see it that way, I really don't think any NFL team is interested in the player that has not proved anything, but being able to attend physical therapy.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Maybe they are not "leaving Jenkins out to dry" maybe they are trying to motivate him, I believe that if Jenkins wants to put in the work he will be dominate at the tackle position, but if he wants to cry about injuries for the first few years he is likely to get written off. Maybe, putting him on the trade block helps him see it that way, I really don't think any NFL team is interested in the player that has not proved anything, but being able to attend physical therapy.
Potentially trying to motivate Jenkins is certainly a legitimate possibility. And if that is the end goal, maybe it justifies their actions.

In the meantime though, if that is the case, I certainly feel they could have handled the situation from a PR perspective much better. They are leaving Jenkins open to all sorts of speculative narrative by the media.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
This situation reminds me of Trey Burton, unfortunately. Physical injury was just the tip of the iceberg it seemed. Whatever Teven is going through, it must be awful having all these physical gifts and not being able to utilize them.

Bears and Jenkins are really in a pickle. There's no way Poles lets him go for a 5th round pick. He's better off, from his own personal career standpoint, to keep him on injured reserve and let Pace take the hit. Poles would be risking too much personally to jettison Jenkins, let him be a probowl tackle and get close to nothing in return. On Jenkin's side, he sees his career languishing as each day passes by.

The only practical solution to this fiasco is for Jenkins and Bears to work together. I would imagine Bears front office is doing the tough love routine and it's a bitter pill to swallow. Time will tell. But I predict no trade and no Jenkins at training camp. He suits up at or around the time of final roster cuts is my wild ass prediction.