New OF metrics

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Seems that none of the Cubs are listed here.

Interesting read regardless.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
If you go to the actual baseball savant page Almora is #10. Heyward is #55. Schwarber is #57. It's a some what interesting data point but I don't think it tells a full picture. Route efficiency also makes a big difference. That's what separates Heyward and Schwarber.

ToneMan1973

Liked Posts:
Who cares about this outfield metric. What I want to k now is why the Cubs can't live up to expectations and play live a great team. Seems to me they are satisfied with winning in 2016 and don't care enough to win anymore.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Who cares about this outfield metric. What I want to k now is why the Cubs can't live up to expectations and play live a great team. Seems to me they are satisfied with winning in 2016 and don't care enough to win anymore.

You win some and you lose some. Its a marathon and not a sprint.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

More so about ranking the OF on D. It had nothing to do with the team.

Just so you know. I am a firm believer of O>D in general. But I wouldn't ignore D.

My meaning is if a player can not hit at the major league level then there is no D excuse out there that justifies playing time. That is pure bull shit.

The same goes for O players who can't catch a ball at min. Just like D first first base. That is some stupid logic. You are paid to catch a ball and to be the best hitter on the team. Not catch a ball and these metrics say you are the best at it. But you hit .200 and carry a wet noodle to the plate.

I find the only exception is at catcher. That is a D first position. And rightfully so.