New Playcaller??

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
I was looking at the highlights on the Bears/ Titan game and towards the end of the game, looking at the formations....do you think someone else was calling plays?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I here there is going to be CCS instant online polls in the gameday thread to call the next play this Monday night.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Seen more two tight end sets, got that to off of that. Kmet, Ridley saw more playing time

msadows

Liked Posts:
No.

There was a chart out there somewhere(too lazy to look for it) that showed all the formations and how frequently teams run them.

The chiefs/Eagles ran 3 diff formation groupings. The bears ran 9.

Nagy just throws shit on the wall and hopes it sticks. You'll know someone else is calling the plays when they run like 2-3 formations a game instead of acting like a teen who just got madden 2020.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have to be a Tribune member to see that
Ahh...just said he is really considering on giving up play calling.

ADVERTISEMENT

1. Matt Nagy said he is examining whether he should hand off play-calling to another member of his staff.
As the Bears search for answers for an offense that ranks 29th in the NFL with 317.8 yards per game and 31st with 4.8 yards per play, coach Matt Nagy said he is looking at whether he should continue calling plays.

“(With) where we’re at right now as an offense and struggling the way we are, you have to be able to look at everything, including myself,” Nagy said. “So we’ll see where that goes. We play Monday (against the Minnesota Vikings) and we will make the best decision possible here. That’s a part of some of the decisions that we look at, for sure.”

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ahh...just said he is really considering on giving up play calling.

ADVERTISEMENT

1. Matt Nagy said he is examining whether he should hand off play-calling to another member of his staff.
As the Bears search for answers for an offense that ranks 29th in the NFL with 317.8 yards per game and 31st with 4.8 yards per play, coach Matt Nagy said he is looking at whether he should continue calling plays.

“(With) where we’re at right now as an offense and struggling the way we are, you have to be able to look at everything, including myself,” Nagy said. “So we’ll see where that goes. We play Monday (against the Minnesota Vikings) and we will make the best decision possible here. That’s a part of some of the decisions that we look at, for sure.”

"I asked my entire staff if I should give up calling plays, and they all emphatically said 'NO'. I did tell them that their jobs were on the line based on their answer to that question, but I don't think that had anything to do with their answer. As you can plainly see, I am not the problem."

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I here there is going to be CCS instant online polls in the gameday thread to call the next play this Monday night.
Im voting for a pitch ta patterson every down
I like winning

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I was looking at the highlights on the Bears/ Titan game and towards the end of the game, looking at the formations....do you think someone else was calling plays?
Absolutely not. Nagy has little spurts of decent calls after the game is already out of hand so they can run the score up and keep it close. It is exactly in his wheelhouse to have a good set of calls in the 4th quarter when they are down by three scores.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Absolutely not. Nagy has little spurts of decent calls after the game is already out of hand so they can run the score up and keep it close. It is exactly in his wheelhouse to have a good set of calls in the 4th quarter when they are down by three scores.

He goes from terrible to mediocre once the defense puts in the special teamers and goes to prevent defense. What a coach we have.