New Q1 2023 INTERNSHIP opportunity for CCS lurkers/infrequent posters

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good afternoon and happy SIXTH night of Chanukkiah CCS!

As many of you have become aware, I had to let go of my 2022 intern, Stephan due to a recent incident and backlash from new member @Cabbage King. This was unfortunate because his performance over the first few months was stellar, but took a nosedive in the past month. I'm only beginning to uncover what appears to be a massive series of what appears to be a complex sabotage attempt. Let's just say initially what looked like a couple of classic mixups, with further investigation it's apparent there was a lot of intention behind these breaches of trust. What a mess.

But I digress. I'm putting this behind us and looking forward to kicking off the 2023 program with far less responsibilities and a more limited scope. And with that, my advisors have recommended reworking the timeframe to a 3 month MAXIMUM tenure.

If anyone is interested in this position, it's still unpaid but requirements are much more lax. Duties include but are not limited to: after hours DM reply responsibilities - with carefully constructed, more robust templates, weekly outbound engagement campaigns for liked/disliked posts follow up, bookmarked post history clean-up, and #calledit history maintenance and thread bumping.

If this sort of thing interests you or you know someone who would like to benefit from this ground floor opportunity, please send a DM with subject line: 2023 Q1 INTERN PROGRAM and a questionnaire will be sent to the candidates selected after a brief review of applicants.

Looking forward to a great start to my 2023 CCS campaign, and the great mentor/protégé experience this program has created in past years to continue!

TYSM

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:

As many of you have become aware, I had to let go of my 2022 intern, Stephan due to a recent incident and backlash from new member @Cabbage King. This was unfortunate because his performance over the first few months was stellar, but took a nosedive in the past month. I'm only beginning to uncover what appears to be a massive series of what appears to be a complex sabotage attempt. Let's just say initially what looked like a couple of classic mixups, with further investigation it's apparent there was a lot of intention behind these breaches of trust. What a mess.

But I digress. I'm putting this behind us and looking forward to kicking off the 2023 program with far less responsibilities and a more limited scope. And with that, my advisors have recommended reworking the timeframe to a 3 month MAXIMUM tenure.

If anyone is interested in this position, it's still unpaid but requirements are much more lax. Duties include but are not limited to: after hours DM reply responsibilities - with carefully constructed, more robust templates, weekly outbound engagement campaigns for liked/disliked posts follow up, bookmarked post history clean-up, and #calledit history maintenance and thread bumping.

If this sort of thing interests you or you know someone who would like to benefit from this ground floor opportunity, please send a DM with subject line: 2023 Q1 INTERN PROGRAM and a questionnaire will be sent to the candidates selected after a brief review of applicants.

Looking forward to a great start to my 2023 CCS campaign, and the great mentor/protégé experience this program has created in past years to continue!

TYSM
Sounds like an amazing opportunity that anyone could benefit from. I would throw my hat into the ring, but I think others would find the job more fulfilling.

Good luck potential candidates!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
For a little reference, the first graduate from this program went on to become one of CCS's premier posters, @CRM 114

just imagine going from a casual poster and spending just 6 months in this programme to become one of the highest ranking members of CCS.

I can't promise a similar result but with a little elbow grease and guidance, there's so much upside to explore.

BTW, I've also been advised to do away with the "Selfie requirement" and weekly lunch pics.

PS - @Chief Walking Stick - I really appreciate the work you put in as a consultant to the internship program revamp.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Instead of an internship program to promote lurkers to avid posters, wouldn’t a more commendable initiative be to designate several posters who provide a more… we’ll call it a “superfluous” addition to the forums with their excessive and non-value-added posts and convert them to lurkers instead. Perhaps they could learn the value in quality over quantity when it comes to injecting opinions.

Just a thought. Though I suppose it depends on what the overall objective is here. Is it improving the boards or just gratuitous self-aggrandizing?

mecha

Liked Posts:
Instead of an internship program to promote lurkers to avid posters, wouldn’t a more commendable initiative be to designate several posters who provide a more… we’ll call it a “superfluous” addition to the forums with their excessive and non-value-added posts and convert them to lurkers instead. Perhaps they could learn the value in quality over quantity when it comes to injecting opinions.

Just a thought. Though I suppose it depends on what the overall objective is here. Is it improving the boards or just gratuitous self-aggrandizing?
if it were up to me I would harass the lessers until they ragequit permanently. then there won't be people falling into vortexes or acting like cunts for the sake of acting like cunts. it would be pure.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ah the good old talk shite in a fortnight you're selling you are HHM. Have you got a hang of the transitive verbs?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well said I volunteer for this.

My brains are broke ? anyhow and I can no longer attain a previous quality, lacking as it may have been .

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

TYSM
I seriously considered throwing in an application due to my recent infrequency of posting, but with a HoF resume such as mine, I'd be depriving someone of a great opportunity for advancement in their CCS posting career and just can't bring myself to take that learning experience away from a much more deserving CCS fan.