New WR Smith-Marsette. - Character Concerns?

dantes67

Liked Posts:
Was checking out a Vikings fan forum (Purple Pain) to see what the Viking fans’ reactions were to waiving Smith-Marsette. Most seem surprised and disappointed. Thought there were other players they should have cut instead. Then I ran across several posts saying his character may have been an issue including this one:

“There are rumours, and I can't stress the RUMOURS part of that enough, that ISM let Booth get so far into his head during practice that he very literally threatened the mans life when they got back into the locker room and had to be separated. There's also been some muffled chatter, and I can't stress MUFFLED CHATTER enough, that he was also repeatedly inappropriate as it concerns Justin Jeffersons girlfriend.

None of that is confirmed but it would explain a few things. As Hans Landa would say "facts can be misleading but rumours, whether true or false, are often telling". If even the spirit of those things are true then you have to let him go. You can't be hitting on the stars girl and even beyond threats, you can't let a rookie that far into your head.”

Apparently there were some questions about him before the 2021 draft including a Nov 2020 DUI and showboating and injuring his leg doing a back flip after a 53 yard TD catch when he was at Iowa. Players can mature and a change of scenery may cause him to grow up a bit.

I trust this new front office to do their homework on a player before bringing him in but this Is the first guy I can think of that they’ve brought in with a questionable past. Time will tell.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The guy from Ohio State?

Yea I like him too but he's not on the bears yet

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Was checking out a Vikings fan forum (Purple Pain) to see what the Viking fans’ reactions were to waiving Smith-Marsette. Most seem surprised and disappointed. Thought there were other players they should have cut instead. Then I ran across several posts saying his character may have been an issue including this one:

“There are rumours, and I can't stress the RUMOURS part of that enough, that ISM let Booth get so far into his head during practice that he very literally threatened the mans life when they got back into the locker room and had to be separated. There's also been some muffled chatter, and I can't stress MUFFLED CHATTER enough, that he was also repeatedly inappropriate as it concerns Justin Jeffersons girlfriend.

None of that is confirmed but it would explain a few things. As Hans Landa would say "facts can be misleading but rumours, whether true or false, are often telling". If even the spirit of those things are true then you have to let him go. You can't be hitting on the stars girl and even beyond threats, you can't let a rookie that far into your head.”

Apparently there were some questions about him before the 2021 draft including a Nov 2020 DUI and showboating and injuring his leg doing a back flip after a 53 yard TD catch when he was at Iowa. Players can mature and a change of scenery may cause him to grow up a bit.

I trust this new front office to do their homework on a player before bringing him in but this Is the first guy I can think of that they’ve brought in with a questionable past. Time will tell.
I watched probably every snap he ever took in an Iowa uniform and I've never heard about him having 'character' concerns. I can't speak on what has transpired in MN though. Doubtful he amounts to much here though tbh. I don't think he'll get much run so try not to think to hard about it.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It was a front flip actually

Zenjohn

Liked Posts:
My concerns are about his on the field performance. When he is thrown the ball he looks first to see if he is going to get hit, then he looks for the ball. Hence, he had a lot of drops in the preseason. I don’t know what happen, but I don’t remember this from when he was a Hawkeye. It’s going to take some work to help him find his courage

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Ihmir Smith-Maesette 40 Time​

Ihmir Smith-Marsette ran 4.43 seconds in the 40-yard dash on his pro day.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Only befitting to Poles offseason acquisitions...guess we are desperate enough to try and see what the deal iss. Maybe once he learns the HITS philosophy it will help him turn his life around and see the light.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

All of that is from a fake account

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/x2mi7o

napo55

Liked Posts:

At least he didn't drive recklessly with a child in the car and a suspended license. Athletic ability and character are unrelated.

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
Good to see poles has the balls to take a chance on someone of questionable character. This also means we can expect Antonio brown to start posting how he wants to come play with Justin fields ?

Speed

Liked Posts:
He'll get it together if he has "character concerns" or he'll be out. Simple as that. Plenty of talent want his spot. Whether we get his production this year or next probably won't make or break us.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another very low risk player... Unlike Newsome, a man with speed and is over 6 feet... I hope small hopes. (I purely compare because same draft, ironic, both are 23 too.)

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Did he, or did he not holla at Jefferson's boo??? I MUST KNOW!

Bust

Liked Posts:

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

Bears taking a chance. If there are character concerns and they end up showing, then kick him to the curb. Teams take chances. Simple as that.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL at all the dummies falling for that fake account.