NFC North balance of power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Broflofsky

Liked Posts:
it's super early, but we have sort of an idea of where everyone in the NFC North rates right now.

Here's an update on all four teams

Bears join the Kansas City Chiefs and Pittsburgh Steelers as the only 3-0 teams in the NFL. You would be hard-pressed to find anyone who predicted those three teams to have a perfect start to the season. Nonetheless, the Bears have shown vast improvement from their 7-9 record in 2009. In fact, the team from Chi-Town last started 3-0 in 2006; a year in which the Bears started 7-0 and eventually played in the Super Bowl.

For more go here

Kyle Broflofsky

Liked Posts:
agreed. it screams "let-down game"

I've never seen a NFL like this, where nothing is even remotely predictable

stormbolter73

Liked Posts:
As a Chiefs fan, I couldn' be happier with how the season has started but I do have this feeling like i'm lost. Everything that seems to make sense has been flipped upside down. I love it but i'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

MidwestDichotomy

Liked Posts:
As a Chiefs fan, I couldn' be happier with how the season has started but I do have this feeling like i'm lost. Everything that seems to make sense has been flipped upside down. I love it but i'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I actually picked the Chiefs to win the AFC West before the season started. With the Chargers in quite a bit of turmoil, and the other two teams being pretty weak, I thought the new coaches would bring an influx of experience that would get them playing pretty well. So far, so good. Best of luck to you guys this year, I've always had a lot of respect for the Chiefs organization.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually picked the Chiefs to win the AFC West before the season started. With the Chargers in quite a bit of turmoil, and the other two teams being pretty weak, I thought the new coaches would bring an influx of experience that would get them playing pretty well. So far, so good. Best of luck to you guys this year, I've always had a lot of respect for the Chiefs organization.

The Chiefs org. has definitely gotten better now that they have quit trying to fix the team by bringing in washed up veterans and are getting good talent through the draft. With their strong running game (Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones - remember him?- and Dexter McCluster), I had them pegged at 8-8 before the season started. I still say that, although with some luck they could win one or two more games.

I was certain the Chargers were the only good team in the division and I'm more surprised by their 1-2 start than I am even by the Chiefs 3-0 start. The Chiefs have a bye next then travel to Indy and Houston before hosting the Jaguars, so they may be 3-3 at the end of October :(, but the schedule gets much easier after that.

At 3-0 they are no where near as good as the Bears are, but it's a lot better than being 1-2, like I expected them to be!

3-0 Bears
FP3775~Chicago-Bears-Logo-Posters.jpg

3-0 Chiefs
chiefs%20logo.jpg

4-0 K-State Wildcats
powercat_logo.jpg

Best Football season in a long time for me, so far!

Last edited:

stormbolter73

Liked Posts:
I'm a big K-State fan myself. UCLA working Texas made that win a lot more sexy for the Cats.

I figured the Chiefs could end up with a record around .500 at the start of the season. The Chiefs seemed to be getting better (drafting, coaching, talent development ect.) and the rest of the division looked to be getting worse or staying stagnant. Best case for me this season was earning a split with the Chargers and that they earned week one. I was optimistic going and it seems to be getting rewarded.

I will admit the Bears wins have been over better teams (two of the three at least) but i would actually like to see that matchup take place and see what goes down.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a big K-State fan myself. UCLA working Texas made that win a lot more sexy for the Cats.

I figured the Chiefs could end up with a record around .500 at the start of the season. The Chiefs seemed to be getting better (drafting, coaching, talent development ect.) and the rest of the division looked to be getting worse or staying stagnant. Best case for me this season was earning a split with the Chargers and that they earned week one. I was optimistic going and it seems to be getting rewarded.

I will admit the Bears wins have been over better teams (two of the three at least) but i would actually like to see that matchup take place and see what goes down.

Bears vs. the Chiefs? That would be fun to watch. It won't happen this year unless both teams get to the Super Bowl, though. lol! The Chiefs have a great rushing game and the Bears defense is great against the run. The Chiefs can't throw the ball, but the Bears have a soft pass defense. I think on a neutral site Cutler would be the winning factor, although if Brandon Flowers had a good game, things could get interesting. In Arrowhead, the Chiefs just could have a chance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.