NFC North Prediction

shoez90

Liked Posts:
I'll stick with my initial thoughts since free agency:

1- MIN (~10-11 wins)
2- CHI (~9-10 wins)
3- GB (~7-8 wins)
4- DET (~5-6 wins)

-MIN still has a top flight offense that will be tough for most defenses to handle, and, as funny as it is to say, they have the most stable QB situation in the division, so I will stick with them to narrowly repeat as NFC North champs, though I think their win total will be a little down from last year.

-I really wanted to pick the Bears to win the division, but I have to see the dramatic improvement from Fields with my own eyes before I can confidently pick the Bears to be a divisional champ. I do, however, think they can compete for a WC spot because of their schedule, as well as the addition of DJ Moore, who I expect to be a godsend, similar to the way Brandon Marshall was during the Emery era.

-The decision between picking GB or DET in 3rd or 4th place was tough. I think GB will be almost in the exact same position they were in last year—kind of a middling team that flirts with ~.500 ball. I think Love will be wildly inconsistent in his first season as the starter, but GB's defense still has enough talent to keep them in games.

-Detroit will be the NFL's most disappointing team in 2023. I don't buy their arrival as some kind of NFC North juggernaut when they haven't won the division in over 3 decades. Last year was easy for them because they were playing with nothing to lose; nobody expected them to do anything after the start they had. They haven't played with real expectations on them until now, and I don't think they will handle it well.

Between DET and GB, I could see one of these two teams going full tank somewhere near the trade deadline if they feel like they are out of it and want to enter the Caleb Williams/Maye sweepstakes.
Except I will put bears as the one. To many games last year they were in just no finishing move minus talent. This year they have added the talent not every position of course but in enuff key spots I think that this squad here could make lemonade. Slightly above. 500 could win this division we are not the AFC. I watched every game and they never lacked the heart just some skills. If they can get more fluid in year two and show up for the rooks I think it's a great day to be a bear ?.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Vikes 1st. They have a bit of a meat grinder their first 6 weeks (KC, Chargers, Philly, and SF) before its pretty smooth sailing schedule-wise (albeit for now, they have 3 prime time games during this period) for the rest of the year, sans Cinci week 15. They'll fall behind and we'll forget about them after they start 2-4 before they finish 10-7 with a comically bad 1st round playoff exit and we wonder where the fuck they came from. That seems pretty on par for Kirk Cousins.

The lions and bears will finish 6-8 wins. The bears will be slightly improved, but the OL will probably be below average at best while the edge rusher situation will be ass unless they make a move. Detroit takes a step back.

GB is the wild card with Jordan Love. I can see them with both 3 wins drafting top 3 and 10 wins, depending on how he plays.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Detroit 11-6
Minnesota 10-7
Green bay 7-10
Chicago 7-10

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a year like this, it's easy to say my ma'am, it, she, or my personal favorite: dude. It's pizza.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Vikes 1st.

zero chance they repeat same fortune. They finish 3rd boo

1. They won the close ones like no other team
In between 16-point victories over division foes to open and close the season, the Vikings went 11-4, winning all 11 one-score games (the most in NFL history) and falling by at least 11 points in each loss.
The Vikings went 3-2 against teams that made the postseason with wins at Miami and Buffalo and against the Giants, who were 8-4-1 in one-score games this season and went 2-6 in games against teams that made the playoffs.

2. Kirk Cousins hit another gear in fourth quarters
Kirk Cousins tied former Lions QB Matthew Stafford's NFL record of eight fourth-quarter comebacks in one season.
He ranked third in the NFL with 112 completions, second in passing yards (1,339), fourth in passer rating (104.9) and tied Tom Brady for the most touchdown passes (13) in fourth quarters this season.

15. Defense yielded yards but came up with key stops and turnovers
The Vikings ranked 31st in total yards (388.7 per game) and passing yards allowed (265.6 per game) and tied for 28th in points against per game (25.1).
Those rankings don't often coincide with a division title, but Minnesota was able to stack victories, including seven in a row from Week 3 through Week 10, by making clutch stops and causing turnovers.
Minnesota recorded eight interceptions and recovered seven fumbles during its longest win streak of the season.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Looking at the NFC as a whole, my early impressions are that the Eagles, 49ers, and maybe the Cowboys are all pretty good and the rest of the conference is scrambling to catch up. Things can change fast in the NFL, but as I survey the landscape today, I have to ask myself how much does it matter who wins the NFC North?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
midnight-staley-pain.gif

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Looking at the NFC as a whole, my early impressions are that the Eagles, 49ers, and maybe the Cowboys are all pretty good and the rest of the conference is scrambling to catch up. Things can change fast in the NFL, but as I survey the landscape today, I have to ask myself how much does it matter who wins the NFC North?
Probably not much. I don't think Cousins or Goff are a guy who will win you more than one playoff game at most. To me, it's the Eagles vs. 49ers at this point. But if you're going to add the Cowboys to the mix, a team that could surprise is the Seahawks.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Probably not much. I don't think Cousins or Goff are a guy who will win you more than one playoff game at most. To me, it's the Eagles vs. 49ers at this point. But if you're going to add the Cowboys to the mix, a team that could surprise is the Seahawks.

Agree on Seahawks - They're legit.