NFC North - Upside Down Future

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is spot on with the possible exception of the Lions having a good coach. National media loved him a year ago while he won 3. This year at 1-7 they shut up. But any coach high on testosterone vs intelligence seems to win over fans. See: Ditka, Mike
Lions were never 1-7. Everyone of their loss's has been against a playoff team (if the season were to end today). Quite possibly the hardest schedule any NFL team has played to date, and certainly top 3.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are in the best situation of the N teams. Young QB, Good draft picks, great cap space. I'm not crowning the Bears but I would rather be in our position then the rest right now.
Lions can cut Goff/Brockers/Vaiti and have 72 mil in cap space, two first round picks, and two second round picks, I am not switching positions with the Bears.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Things are changing in the next 1-3 years in the NFC North:
Green Bay -
old dis-interested QB, cap hell, poor team chemistry & culture, HC is in over his head,

you can't let the QB chew your ass on the sideline, LT is older and always injured,
both RB's are getting injured more often and Dillion has been awful all year,
not big FA players. With the cap situation they're done for awhile.
Vikings -
Cap hell like Packers, most key players are getting older except for J. Jefferson,
Cousins was topped out years ago, etc.
Lions -
Good solid player base, good HC and young OC, lot's of draft picks which they're been hitting on,
QB is average and hit his ceiling. These guys will move ahead of the Pack & Vikes.
Bears -
Loads of cap space for rebuild, draft picks finally, exciting QB and several 25 or less year old key pieces,
I believe have a good GM and HC. Guys play hard and don't quit. Make smart FA moves and hit
some draft pieces and the future looks bright.

I think the new world order in the North will be - Bears, Lions, Vikings and Packers.

I'm not one for counting chickens before they've hatched...So, to the Bears, I say "Show me".

I've heard this happy talk before.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Lions can cut Goff/Brockers/Vaiti and have 72 mil in cap space, two first round picks, and two second round picks, I am not switching positions with the Bears.
No QB and half our cap. Well it's still pretty good for you guys.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
No QB and half our cap. Well it's still pretty good for you guys.
Right. That's where we've been for an eternity, at times. Lots of good defensive players, some talent on offense, no QB to run things. Sure, we made the superbowl in 2006 and had some good years, but ultimately, we were a fledging team that just hoped to make the playoffs most years.

I'd take the Bears' situation over any other team's in the division and it's not really close. That said, the Lions have plenty going for them, but until they get a QB that shows an ability to be a play maker and take over a game, nah. They had Matt Stafford for a while and managed a couple .500+ seasons but that was about it. They also had one of the best receivers of our generation at that time as well.

Things can change quickly in the NFL, and I also wouldn't rule out Jordan Love from being a good QB. He looked good in relief of Rodgers, so I wonder what he could do against only a decent defense with a full week to prepare, and so on.