NFL arranges private workout for Colin Kaepernick

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Back on topic: hard pass. He was mediocre, at best (save one season), prior to the hiatus, I can't imagine he has improved.

Oh, and there is this: https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/13/miami-dolphins-colin-kaepernick-workout/

Yes, I realize it's TMZ, but holy unneeded drama.

QFT. I would also say pass on him as I suspect his workout would be even less impressive after all this time out of the league.

I doubt he has good QB play in him, but if he did and showed it, I would fear no media or PR nightmares. Fuck that shit.

But I also have a last name that is not McCaskey.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Bears should just sign it. F it. Let him run a few series a game, our offense is terrible and it may be pretty hilarious to watch.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
Ahhh, the ole 'YoU hAvE 'X' aMoUNt oF pOstS, yOu MuST b A lOsEr' insult. Why tf do you care how he spends his time? You sound like a whiny biiatch

Said the loser with 14K posts. Hmmm, shocked you are protecting your post buddy. I don't give 2 ***ks about HEHATEME, but he seems to care about me since he likes to follow me around to other posts and spell check my post. I mean the facts are there 30K posts on a internet forum, calls people racists if they don't agree with him, corrects other posters grammer/spelling. If that isnt a troll/loser I don't know what is.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Said the loser with 14K posts. Hmmm, shocked you are protecting your post buddy. I don't give 2 ***ks about HEHATEME, but he seems to care about me since he likes to follow me around to other posts and spell check my post. I mean the facts are there 30K posts on a internet forum, calls people racists if they don't agree with him, corrects other posters grammer/spelling. If that isnt a troll/loser I don't know what is.

I have never once done the bold, but I guess I'm happy that your obsession with me to the point of creating whole narratives concerning what I do on an internet forum gives you some sort of strange joy...

Not my thing but do what makes you happy, it's literally 2019!

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
I have never once done the bold, but I guess I'm happy that your obsession with me to the point of creating whole narratives concerning what I do on an internet forum gives you some sort of strange joy...

Not my thing but do what makes you happy, it's literally 2019!

Oh wait its 2019..... My bad I forgot, sorry for all that.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think you know what a troll is. Hope your day gets better.

Thanks,

Niners_D

Liked Posts:
Lifelong Niner fan here just wanting to chime in from a standpoint of Kaep the player (no politics).

In the early Harbaugh days I was a big Kaep guy over Alex Smith. Smith seemed to have hit his ceiling as a game manager while Kaep had a ton of upside potential. He's smart, athletic, mobile, and has a rocket arm. The first few years were terrific as opposing defenses were having a really hard time keeping a handle on him. But he wasn't without limitations which became more apparent after he was a few years in and teams started to figure him out a bit.

Strengths:
1. Rocket arm. He can zip the ball in there and can let it rip down the field
2. Speed and mobility. Has one of the longest strides of any player I can remember and can cover a lot of ground fast
3. Work ethic. He was known for spending lots of time in the gym keeping his body as fit as the rest of the players on the team (see negatives)
4. Intelligent and in general fairly soft spoken. (see negatives)
Negatives:
1. Single read QB, will try to force a ball. This gets worse the bigger the stage or game. (See trying to force the ball to Crabtree NFC championship vs Seattle and Superbowl vs Baltimore). This led to a number of interceptions and drives killed on third down.
2. Seemed to want to spend more time with 'the guys' in the gym than with the QB's in the film room. Was a hard worker but probably should have allocated his time differently.
3. While intelligent, I suspect if he spent more time in the film room vs the gym it would have served him better. Fairly quiet and didn't seem to ever be a natural leader. I'd say offensively that mantle was taken up by Gore, Staley, and V. Davis.
4. 59.8% lifetime completion percentage. The floor minimum in the NFL seems to be 60%

The Niners made their run on an elite defense which included the best line-backing corps in the NFL (Willis and Bowman). What was probably the best run-blocking offensive line in the NFL, and Frank Gore. In other words they were the traditional 80's style smash mouth team like the Bears or NY Giants of that era. Kaep has enough tools to get a team to the playoffs on a consistent basis, but unless you have an elite 'D' and dominant running game, I don't see a Super Bowl happening, more likely an early annual exit from the playoffs.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
This thread went about as well as expected.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
11 teams are so far confirmed to be attending the workout. New England is one of them. While this all feels like a farce by the NFL, if NE if going, every team should.

Regardless of how you feel about Kaep the player or person, Bears would be doing a major disservice to their franchise by not attending. Knowing how garbage Pace is, I fully expect the Bears to not be represented.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Maybe the mods will have some balls and actually ban your ass
Speaking of balls, you never responded to my reply to you the other week when you clearly were wrong. Shocking.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
11 teams are so far confirmed to be attending the workout. New England is one of them. While this all feels like a farce by the NFL, if NE if going, every team should.

Regardless of how you feel about Kaep the player or person, Bears would be doing a major disservice to their franchise by not attending. Knowing how garbage Pace is, I fully expect the Bears to not be represented.

Yep and the Bears aren’t one of them. Pace is still too much of a baby back bitch to admit he was wrong about Trubisky. Putrid!

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
you didn't have to, you either say you want Kaep to be a Qb for the Bears or you don't.

You clearly don't understand what I posted.

I never said I was for, or against, anyone signing Kaepernick.

I outlined the reasons I believe no one, so far, has signed him.

Whether someone does or not doesn't make any difference to me.

Try again.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yep and the Bears aren’t one of them. Pace is still too much of a baby back bitch to admit he was wrong about Trubisky. Putrid!

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ryan Pace just may be desperate enough to consider it, at the very least.

I don't normally play the Owner Card, but even if Pace wanted to...I think the McCaskey family would step in to heavily dissuade him. Signing Kap to play full time in a stadium called 'Solider Field' seems like the kind of PR nightmare that family avoids like the plague.
Doggone it I actually liked something you said

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Kap in soldier field ?
Besides him being a bum
The bears aint getting Kap or Cam
Mitch is all ours