NFL Cancels All Preseason Games

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is terrible for us fans bc we won’t be able to truly see who played better foles or trubisky.

the first seven games are almost must wins and it’ll be the GM and head coaches career on the line too bc if they get off to a bad start they won’t be able to overcome it because the schedule gets much tougher after the first seven games.

Lol you think we're going to have 7 games?

CC: @Grimson

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
This is terrible for us fans bc we won’t be able to truly see who played better foles or trubisky.

the first seven games are almost must wins and it’ll be the GM and head coaches career on the line too bc if they get off to a bad start they won’t be able to overcome it because the schedule gets much tougher after the first seven games.
The first seven games might be the entire season!!!

Seriously, from a health perspective the NFLPA and NFL couldn't get on the same page to have any preseason games.

The President, who was originally not thinking the pandemic would still be here, said yesterday that things will get worse before they get better.

Lower your expectations! This season will try to happen and probably be cut short. If it doesn't happen that's amazing, but let's not actually expect that to happen.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i would take the 2 best madden players on the bears, have one with trubs and the other with foles and have a virtual competition

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Just have them alternate possessions.
That, or more likely quarters or halves.

Actually, I'd love to see them alternate downs -- that would really frack with the defense. Not switch every down, just really mix it up.

I really hope Nagy runs Trubisky as a fulltime Double RPO. That is, almost every down RPO where Trubisky is a threat to run, hand-off or throw. I should note, Trubisky injured his shoulder when he got strip/sacked while scrambling, not while he was rushing with the ball. He braced his arm oddly when he fell without the ball. He's built to take a tackle.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
With no preseason to showcase Foles on tv, I gotta think Trubisky will be named the defacto starter week one.

Trubisky can "win" a QB competition that's closed to the press with no witnesses. He always looks good to coaches in simulated games.

This is a bad scenario for Mitch because when he gets benched his career in Chicago is over. He'd been better off coming in for an injured or struggling Foles.

Now on to the real question: What week is Trubisky's career in Chicago over? Week 5??
Actually, I heard Mitch looked distinctly bad in camp last year, or last two years. I don't think he's ever been impressive in preseason either (of course last year he didn't play pre).

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Unless Foles gets killed by Covid, mitch will be benched from game 1.
Shhh!! Don't say that outloud! There's a reason we were never taught about the 1918 flu in school.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think I read somewhere that they want to at least do conference games ... Six games then ?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think I read somewhere that they want to at least do conference games ... Six games then ?

Conference not Division.

So 12 games with the four AFC matchups ditched, which I believe is a backup plan if the start of the season gets delayed.

Liked Posts:
Nagy will probably make them throw at floating targets with the team watching and cheering to determine who starts.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I’m wondering if this will effect NFL offenses or defenses more to start the season

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Looking back on the preseasons of the last decade, there is always some training camp hero that shines in the preseason and then falls flat on his face in real games, I guess the NFL is just reducing my disappointment :)

But back to Trubisky and the preseason and Training Camp, he has NOT been good at either one. Nagy would come out and say that "they" had a good practice, and give some coach speak when asked about Trubisky specifically. The media tries to highlight the occasional throw, as "progress". To me that says that the rest of his throws are not very good. Then Trubisky gets out there for the first regular season game and looks flat and unprepared for the speed. When your QB is not very good in shorts, then how much confidence can you have in him when the lights go on for real.

I honestly think if Foles comes out and runs the offense efficiently and throws with even modest accuracy, he will win the job. Trubisky is going to have to make some massive improvements to overcome that lack of confidence that Nagy likely has in him.

I think Nagy is going to be looking for an excuse to go with the more experienced Vet, and now with no preseason games, I think he has that excuse....

I pick Foles to start, and if we have a shortened season, we might just get lucky and have the same QB for all the games, however many that might be.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
In hindsight, last year Nagy was preparing us to play no preseason games. Were a year ahead of everyone else.

Nagy=Genius
I get your comments, lol.

Actually, Nagy screwed up last year by playing no one early. The offense suffered for this. This "no preseason thing" will put everyone on equal ground - Nagy and the Bears will be in the same boat, as the other teams. Play a lot, play a little... it's all the same now, no one plays, no preseason.

Translation. Relative better situation than last year. And Nagy will have to find another way to screw up. Or less harshly, this chance of screwing up, has been closed.

And... doesn't unpreparedness favor the defense? If so, with the Bears defense, we should be sitting good.

Last edited:

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Man,

I honestly think we are in for a shitshow of a season for offenses. This offense was an abomination last season.... and that was WITH training camp and a preseason....lol...

I have a weird feeling that the season(if played at all), we be used as an excuse to bring everyone back next year, if\when it all goes south....

BEARS

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
It ended last season. I don’t think he starts another game as a Bear, or any other team for that matter. Foles will beat him out in practice being that he knows the playbook and isn’t an idiot.
I dont think so homeboi

Mitch wins by default and leads us ta the promised land this year.

Dont worry though mfs there aint no room up here on the Mitch wagon for you haters anyway. You can route for the back up next season