2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So what would happen with the season with an extra game? Reduce the preseason to two games then add one game and add another bye week? Losing those preseason games going to hurt under the radar players
2 preseason games and the extra regular-season game would be played out of the country.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they do add an extra game I would like to see them expand the game day roster to the full 53 as well. I never really understood the reason by having inactive players. If you have them on your roster they should be able to play.

pay rate is different when players are activated.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't like extending the season. We are messing with the single season records as well as the all time records. And we are already saturated with so much football. I remember the ratings where down couple years ago because of that. One of the thing i like about the nfl is the season is compact. It used to be all finished in january. Now the super bowl extends into february because of the week wait. I think we may see a time where catchers and pitchers will report before the football season is even over.
Records are meaningless for comparison of players. Joe Montanas best season in yards passing would have ranked 13th last season his career passer rating of 92.3 would have ranked him 14th between Wentz and Matt Ryan. Not only that but in 1977 there were only 14 games , 12 in 1960 and 10 in 1945, so that statistical season comparisons have long been moot.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Players care about records. Im sure oj didn't like it when his record got broken because of the move from 14 to 16 games. Fans may not care but players probably do.
Well you said that it was a reason that you didn't want to increase the regular season, so I'd like to know why you feel that point should affect the decision.

If you want to keep the season at 16 games because of how players of the past feel, then I don't think that's a very good reason at all.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
starting next season. 7 teams from each conference with only 1 bye per conference. Looks like it is going to pass per Schefter.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
3rd time this has been posted.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies