NFL coaches & execs rank Justin Fields a 'tier 4' QB | Bears | Bernstein & Holmes

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All the 2021 rookie QBs aside from Mac Jones should be in the same tier. No one else proved anything.
Mac should be there as well. He has looked mediocre in practice without that McDaniels magic

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Justin Defense Team engage!
Only reason I disliked this is because the guy who said Watson would be bad liked it. Had to balance it out and get the stink of u

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@Anytime23 has @Visionman ever admitted to his awful Watson and Trubisky takes or does he just plan on taking his anger out on Fields?
No. Visionman is actually a major pussy. Like his idol MJY, he picks and chooses when to reply to people and to no one’s surprise he always is quiet when you prove him wrong.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears fans should stop being despite for validation from others. It is pathetic and embarrassing. The beauty of sports is validation comes from the simple act of competing not from sycophants and homers.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
@Anytime23 has @Visionman ever admitted to his awful Watson and Trubisky takes or does he just plan on taking his anger out on Fields?
When did I ever maintain Trubisky was good? Lol. And who cares about the sexual predator except deranged sickos…

those awful takes only seem to exist in your imagination…

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
All the 2021 rookie QBs aside from Mac Jones should be in the same tier. No one else proved anything.

Only thing mac has proven is he won't lose you a game

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

There is nothing but negative coverage of this team and Justin and the season hasn't even started yet. Best to just shutoff Bears Media and National sports media when it comes to the bear's because they say things to get clicks.

None of this really matters.

The proof will be in the pudding.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It’s all fans, bears aren’t any different….there’s a reason when power rankings and ESPN hot takes exist.

Yeah but I don't care about fans of other teams.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
OP will be late to hits own orgasm

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Only thing mac has proven is he won't lose you a game
That's fair. He's good. I think he'll always be pretty good. And that's likely his ceiling. But he was better than the rest of the QBs rookie year vs. rookie year. We'll see about the future. I'm not sold that he's going to be the best of the group, though. Not at all.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wonder why they weren't?
I kind of understand Trevor Lawrence. People think he's a generational talent, and a mediocre season with a bad coach isn't going to change that. To be fair, Fields had just as bad of a situation, if not worse.

I still don't understand the Zach Wilson/Trey Lance hype. I feel like they're both in the same boat as Fields.

This rating system is much better...

From our good friend Jason La Canfora. Who rates all the rookies except Mac Jones and Justin Fields in his "The Jury Is Out" tier. Justin Fields is in a tier with Trubisky, Mariota, Jones, and Darnold for some reason. Hmmmmmm I wonder what that reason could be. That dude HATES the Bears. It's so funny.

Liked Posts:
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the ranking regarding Fields. As others have mentioned there’s very little info to make a strong case for Fields being anything else. Last season he showed glimpses of potential and other moments left you head scratching so tier 4 is the most obvious ranking.

Fields could just as much breakout as bust

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Fields somehow magically hit FA right now, it would become obvious there are a lot of teams that think very highly of him. Or his potential at least.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That's fair. He's good. I think he'll always be pretty good. And that's likely his ceiling. But he was better than the rest of the QBs rookie year vs. rookie year. We'll see about the future. I'm not sold that he's going to be the best of the group, though. Not at all.

He also had the best team and coach and organization.

I'm fairly certain if feilds or lawrence went to NE it would be a similar or better result.

Mac rarely wow'd me, and the advanced stats back that up too. He's a game manager to me until proven otherwise.

Not sure what happened to tank fields stock so much that he was picked 4th. You mentioned lawrence being a generational talent, but fields was pretty much right there with him all the way from his junior year of high school.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
What has Trevor Lawrence done to be put in a higher tier then Fields? His numbers were horrible last year. At max he falls under the category of unknown, which is tier 4.