NFL.com Mock Draft... Bears trade up to get Trey Lance

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
Chicago can't stand pat if it wants to become a Super Bowl contender. Andy Dalton was a nice pickup for the 2021 season, but finding a true playmaker at the position is the only way the Bears can climb the NFL power rankings. They'll trade their first- and third-round picks this year (Nos. 20 and 83) and next year's first-rounder to move up -- much like Kansas City did for Patrick Mahomes and Houston did for Deshaun Watson four years ago.”

After all the conjecture about moving up to #4 the price of the 8th pick (if accurate) seems like a bargain.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Except plenty of people have said that you ignorant fuck

Show me where in this thread anyone is saying that you fucking moron. You can't. Jesus Christ you are incredibly fucking stupid. In fact, show me plenty of people who have said it period. Just stick to being a moron about your own bottom barrel team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Has anyone said Lance > Fields?

No but i think he could be. Lance is still the top wild card in this draft. He had the great 2019 season with no INT's but then there's where he played and the competition he went up against. He's the big kid with really good mobility and the strong arm with the Josh Allen comparison but only played one season and one game in 2021. He's very intriguing for me but it would really scare me if M.Nagy would know how to use this kid and his abilities.

If we draft him and Nagy gets fired after the year then they better go get Brian Daboll from Buffalo.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I really wish this kid would spend more time practicing for the ged and less time virtually fellating ryan pace

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Show me where in this thread anyone is saying that you fucking moron. You can't. Jesus Christ you are incredibly fucking stupid. In fact, show me plenty of people who have said it period. Just stick to being a moron about your own bottom barrel team.
Again, go fuck your self you clueless imbecile. I did not say that anyone in "this thread" had said that, now did I?
And on cue, here some of them come, douchebag.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is only 1 guarantee at QB... Andy Dalton gets everyone fired.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am doing a mock draft with some guys at work and traded to 8 for Lance.

Only Washington and I got into a bidding war and it cost way more than this trade.

That is the only thing that concerns me... when the price goes really high.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Are you comfortable with Naggy developing him? And if he gets fired lance is saddled on to the next regime like trubisky was. With that said I would be happy with lance just sucks the way the bears do business shit never works out right

I have zero faith in Nagy developing anything. Flip on the other hand is a different story. Lance would be in good hands there. Just keep Nagy away from play calling and QB coaching.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I am doing a mock draft with some guys at work and traded to 8 for Lance.

Only Washington and I got into a bidding war and it cost way more than this trade.

That is the only thing that concerns me... when the price goes really high.

It would..likely higher than most can even fathom atm because our FO is inept and its so widely known how desperate the organization and fans are for a QB.

Think about it: if you were another team or another fan base, you've been following the widely covered soap opera that is the Chicago Bears. Just think how other teams view us. They know they can get over on us easy if they want.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I am fine with Lance. The dude has an incredible amount of talent and people rave about his character and intelligence.

I am also fine if he does not play at all this season.

The important part is that we are developing something and not just treading water with Dalton.
Agree 100%

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best QB's day 1.

1. Jones
2. Lawrence
3. Wilson
4. Fields
5. Lance

UPSIDE/CEILING

1. Lance
2. Wilson
3. Lawrence
4. Trask
5. Fields

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Best QB's day 1.

1. Jones
2. Lawrence
3. Wilson
4. Fields
5. Lance

UPSIDE/CEILING

1. Lance
2. Wilson
3. Lawrence
4. Trask
5. Fields

Jones and Lance started the same number of college games. Both led teams to national titles. I know Jones threw the ball a lot more than Lance did, but I don't know how you came to the conclusion that Jones is the most pro ready, even over Lawrence.

Also, completely disagree with ceiling too.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jones and Lance started the same number of college games. Both led teams to national titles. I know Jones threw the ball a lot more than Lance did, but I don't know how you came to the conclusion that Jones is the most pro ready, even over Lawrence.

Have you seen the QBR under pressure statistics? There is one clear outlier, and that processing(plus necessary coverage understanding) and game speed ability gives him a clear advantage on day one.

The thing that Jones and Lawrence and Fields and Lance have in common is that 10 players win 10 battles around them most every snap at the Universities they went to. 77% completion, and 28-0 TD/Int are the type of things that can only happen with alot of help around you.

Maybe only two schools could match Alabama this year physically/talent...Ohio St and Clemson.

I see alot of Alex Smith in Lawrence. I don't think Jones will hold up to contact in the NFL. And Fields fits a profile of too many Ohio State QB's.

Wilson and Lance are the guys that raise my eyebrows and I think have Super Bowl potential. I don't know where the growth can come from with Mac Jones. Maybe he is just special and has it. Certainly the 49ers are a great fit and he can run a west coast style offense like that. He might be extremely valuable to the right offensive coordinators with that accuracy.

Thats why I call Mac Jones a Bill Walsh guy(he wouldn't last a month on the Bears though)

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Its fine to disagree. Its a difficult science, Gus says nobody knows anything about QB's.

I usually just like to go on record somewhere with my picks for fun later. Most likely I will look stupid again. Prediction is a hard game, even Mel Kiper looks pretty dumb if you hold his predictions to the light.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Of all the ridiculous "logic" used by so called draft experts, I think my favorite so far this year is the guy who explained why Zach Wilson will fail in NY but would be a good pick for Denver because he played college football in a neighboring state.

Apparently nobody edits or questions these clowns who spew pre-draft drivel.