NFL.com Week 1 Power Rankings - Bears 15

xvflutop

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ankings-week-1-khalil-mack-trade-boosts-bears

Bears jump 9 spots to 15 after Mack trade.

"This is not a simple reaction to the Khalil Mack blockbuster -- it's merely a simple reaction to the Khalil Mack blockbuster. What a move by general manager Ryan Pace, who swashbuckled his way across the front-office universe like Captain James T. Kirk and dealt a blow to the Klingons, Romulans and Gorn ... er, the Vikings, Lions and Packers with the addition of a top-five defensive player. Couple Mack with an already stable defense (much better than the one in Oakland), then further take into account a solid offensive line, a steady RB1 and an ascending franchise quarterback, and it's clear Chicagoans have themselves a squad."

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Nice find.

But hard to take an article seriously when the author doesn't even know that the Gorns were the Federation's friends after the episode Arena.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I think anywhere from 15-20ish is fair right now. I love the moves that Pace has made this offseason, but now this roster and coaching staff has to put up or shut up

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
I don't like it when the talking heads start complimenting us. I would rather show up underdogs every week.

I know what you mean. Gives me 2014 flashbacks

edit: That said I feel better about this team. Having a clear superstar with a good supporting cast and coach on defense beats the shit out of anything the bears have had on that side in a while. Offensively there are more unknowns but you have to think Nagy is a better offensive mind than Trestman and Fox. Then you have a young, talented QB who may not be the known turnover machine many of the bears QBs in the past have been.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Ok...compare Tucker to Fangio and Jared Allen 2014 to Mack 2018...a world...a universe.. String theory really difference...

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
After Bears beat the Packers/Seahawks/Cardinals/Bucs/Dolphins going 5-0, they'll be pushed up into the top 10. 15's good for now.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, no matter what rank these are meaningless. Play the game W or L is the only thing that matters.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
After Bears beat the Packers/Seahawks/Cardinals/Bucs/Dolphins going 5-0, they'll be pushed up into the top 10. 15's good for now.
Beating the Packers alone would probably do it depending on how they pulled it off. Every other team on that list is already ranked as worse than the Bears

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
6 of the top 10 are in the NFC. NFC is stacked this year. Here are NFC teams with legit playoff aspirations: Rams, Vikings, Eagles, Saints, Packers, Falcons, Giants, Panthers, and Cardinals. Trying to find space for the Bears to make the playoffs is pretty tough

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Sweet, after all the changes we are back to where we were ranked with Cutler at the helm. These rankings are biased opinion pieces regardless.

But, I can dig the idea that we got recognition for the Mack move at least.

supra8795

Liked Posts:
They will have us in top 10 after we beat the packers come Sunday night.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
17 teams had winning records last year. One more was .500.:)

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Its all up to trubisky. Looking at the majority of our starters most of them have either played good to an all pro level. If trubisky improves this is a playoff team

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
6 of the top 10 are in the NFC. NFC is stacked this year. Here are NFC teams with legit playoff aspirations: Rams, Vikings, Eagles, Saints, Packers, Falcons, Giants, Panthers, and Cardinals. Trying to find space for the Bears to make the playoffs is pretty tough

Not a fan of the Cards QB situation. Giants were bad on both sides of the ball last year, can Eli come back?
I’d say the Rams, Vikings, Eagles, Saints are clearly better. The Bears beat the Panthers and should have beat the Falcons too. They’re both better on paper than the Bears though.
That leaves the Packers. I don’t see their defense being much better, a lot rides on their rookie corners, pass rush still not good.
Bears have a big edge on D and hopefully they’ve closed some of the gap on offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We could be ranked #1 or #32. Power rankings are still worthless to me.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Chicagoans...we have ourselves a squad!

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

LOL @ the Cardinals and Giants having legit playoff aspirations. :facepalm2:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Arizona will be lucky to win more than 6 games.