NFL Draft - coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
All you cheap fools going to costco.. Jewels was fully stocked.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
All you cheap fools going to costco.. Jewels was fully stocked.
Well, I'm a picky bitch. I don't care for the meat department at Jewels. Plus, I think jewels is overpriced crap, along with buying in bulk for my family, Costco it is.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is Piggly Wiggly still a thing in Chicago? I had one of those next to me in Algonquin growing up, next to a White Hen convenience store.

LetsGo34

Liked Posts:
Annual United States Road Crash Statistics
  • Over 37,000 people die in road crashes each year
  • An additional 2.35 million are injured or disabled
  • Over 1,600 children under 15 years of age die each year
  • Nearly 8,000 people are killed in crashes involving drivers ages 16-20
  • Road crashes cost the U.S. $230.6 billion per year, or an average of $820 per person
  • Road crashes are the single greatest annual cause of death of healthy U.S. citizens traveling abroad
We should shut down the roads.

This is my argument against gun control but a pandemic is not comparable. The spread of the virus is exponential due to the asymptomatic nature of contagious people.If unchecked, the virus will spread and eventually crash the economy, create scarcity in necessities, and continue to kill as the health care system will not be able to keep up with demand.

Quarantines and social distancing for a few weeks would have the greatest impact on slowing down/ending the spread.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is my argument against gun control but a pandemic is not comparable. The spread of the virus is exponential due to the asymptomatic nature of contagious people.If unchecked, the unwarranted paranoia about the virus will eventually crash the economy, create scarcity in necessities, and continue to kill as the health care system will not be able to keep up with demand.

Quarantines and social distancing for a few weeks would have the greatest impact on slowing down/ending the spread.

FIFY

And a death is a death is a death. So yes, it is comparable, With the exception that with auto fatalities it isn't just old people with compromised respiratory systems that are getting killed.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
FIFY

And a death is a death is a death. So yes, it is comparable, With the exception that with auto fatalities it isn't just old people with compromised respiratory systems that are getting killed.
Unexpected deaths do get a different type of attention.

For example when planes crashed into buildings I don't think the appropriate response would ever have been 'meh, it was only 2,996 people'.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unexpected deaths do get a different type of attention.

For example when planes crashed into buildings I don't think the appropriate response would ever have been 'meh, it was only 2,996 people'.
And yet air travel was nearly back to normal in a week. And there was a lot more of the "unknown" element that you speak of in your specific case.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
No basketball and no MLB has cancelled spring training and pushed back the baseball season. NFL Teams are considering closing down their workout facilities.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I wonder if they will keep Golf without fans. I mean, 1) it is outdoors, and 2) you can keep players away from each other easily.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes because why compare one disease with others.....that is stupid. You and Ms.Adows should get a room.

View attachment 4848

You weren't comparing a disease, moron.

I called you out for comparing fucking traffic accident numbers to a contagious disease.

I'm not that worried about corona, and If i catch it I'm in peak physical shape so I'll be fine, but to act like it isn't anything at all serious when its classified as a pandemic is just as fucking stupid as all the doomsday preppers.

Its a highly contagious disease that is contained right now. To act like its a joke, is a fucking joke.

You get a family member who gets it thats over the age of 70 and it isn't a fucking joke anymore.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You weren't comparing a disease, moron.

I called you out for comparing fucking traffic accident numbers to a contagious disease.

I'm not that worried about corona, and If i catch it I'm in peak physical shape so I'll be fine, but to act like it isn't anything at all serious when its classified as a pandemic is just as fucking stupid as all the doomsday preppers.

Its a highly contagious disease that is contained right now. To act like its a joke, is a fucking joke.

You get a family member who gets it thats over the age of 70 and it isn't a fucking joke anymore.
WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY?

Status
Not open for further replies.