NFL Draft - Day 1

greg23

Liked Posts:
Saw this coming a mile away

Love this pick

Thought Poles prob had Carter totally off his board so trading down 1 spot for a free 4th next year was a no brainer

Jones as too much of a project
Skoroski is a guard
PJJ was gone (like Wright better anyway)

Now find that starting c (tipperman/smaltz) and a dt/de/cb tomorrow

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nice, they decided to beef up the line and worry about the D-line next year. You can’t build both in 1 draft.
Easier to get good OL in the later rounds than pass rushers

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So you gave up the best player at the position “that makes this defense go” for a future fourth round pick?

Did I get this right?

If Carter is going to be a bust, and its obvious that's what the Bears believe, then Carter wouldn't make the defense go anywhere....

The Bears got a legit starting Right Tackle. Plug and play and forget about him. And they got a free 4th rounder next year for their troubles.

And idiots here still want to rip their dicks off.

Rise

Liked Posts:
To be fair while everyone dislikes me I called wright earlier this week as the top oline for donut clown. Just can’t believe they passed on the one generational talent in the draft.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The worst part of this Darnell Wright pick is now Windy City will have nothing to bitch about.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
SO is Teven loading up on Tacos today. like i can maul at 330 too

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh great a 2nd like 4 picks away from a 3rd because donut clown didn’t force the earlier 2nd like he should have. Oh and we have one 3 years from now yay!

No a 2nd in 2025 as well plus Moore. And Cards had to give up a pick as well.

ErinAndrewsPeephole

Liked Posts:
Here's a profile of Wright from Bob McGinn/Go Long web site
3. DARNELL WRIGHT, Tennessee (6-5 ½, 333, 5.01, 1-2): Another 5-star recruit, this time from Huntington, W.Va. “He is a talented underachiever,” said one scout. “Not great football character. You could hit on him. If he has an epiphany and becomes a pro, he’s got a shitload of talent.” Started 42 of 47 games over four seasons, including 27 at RT, 13 at LT and two at RG. “There’s a lot of entitlement with this kid but did he shut out (Alabama’s) Will Anderson,” another scout said. “Absolutely. If you want to like him that’s the tape you point to and say, ‘This guy’s a starting left or right tackle. Case closed.’ But when you dig into it, he’s never been much of a worker. Barely does enough to get by. Not super cooperative. Hard work is not in his vocabulary. Just does enough … But he has absolutely helped himself. Had a good Senior Bowl. Had a good combine. He’s probably been clean enough in the interviews that somebody would say, ‘Hey, we’ll work with him.’ I think he could flame out pretty quick because he’s not a worker. It might not be as easy as he thinks it’s going to be in the league.” So-so arm length (33 ¾), tiny hands (9). “Pro Bowl-caliber player,” a third scout said. “Looked a lot more comfortable on the right side. Really strong hands. Aggressive, can move people in the run game. Hard to beat in pass pro because he’s good with his set. You can’t run through him because he’s strong.” Wonderlic of 18. “He’s got character but he’s talented,” a fourth scout said. “He’s just got poor football character. Lazy, but he blocked Alabama, he blocked Georgia like it was nothing.”

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody was going to give much to move up over the next 5 picks. Very similar tier talent. Philly only giving next years 4th to move up is telling.