NFL Free Agency - One week away, make your predictions.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Legal tampering period begins on 3/15. I haven't followed NFL offseason much outside of the revolving door of QB talks the Bears were 'in' on.

What do you guys having the Bears doing? Not that we have any cap to sign a big FA, but any splash signings? Surprise cuts?

I think they tag ARob.
Notable cuts: Massie and Jimmy Graham.
Re-sign Ifedi

I think this week will be telling at what the Bears do at the QB position. Pace can make one final HARD, DEEP PUSH for Watson or Wilson, but I don't think he can get it done. I'll gladly eat crow if he does somehow pull it off.

And I'm going to say it even though I don't like it - I think they sign Alex Smith and then move up in the draft for a QB.

Liked Posts:
They're not signing Smith, not while Foles is still around. Only way that happens is if they trade Foles for another starting QB and then bring Smith in as a backup.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They're not signing Smith, not while Foles is still around. Only way that happens is if they trade Foles for another starting QB and then bring Smith in as a backup.
That's fair. If they somehow moved Foles, that would be great. Smith just seems like the most realistic back up plan, imo.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Foles goes anywhere.

You lose money on him and you still need another QB.

I think they envision Foles as a backup to whatever their plan A is.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think all this QB talk is a smoke screen and they really just want to trade up in the draft to see if they can get Zack Wilson...
ARob will be tagged and traded, to help get some ammo for the trade up in the draft.

They will restructure some contracts, and cut some players and I think that the upcoming season will be 8-8 again.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I predict that no matter what happens in free agency on the first day, someone on CCS is going to cunt about it.

If they pull another Quinn like signing, there should be a lot of cunting

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think all this QB talk is a smoke screen and they really just want to trade up in the draft to see if they can get Zack Wilson...
ARob will be tagged and traded, to help get some ammo for the trade up in the draft.

They will restructure some contracts, and cut some players and I think that the upcoming season will be 8-8 again.

that would take a big haul to move up to #2

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Bears FA moves never get leaked....no one had the Bears trading for Mack or getting Quinn or Buster Skrine or Haha Clinton Dix or Bobby Massie or Josh Sitton etc

The only player we were ever linked to was ARob in FA which turned out correct .... and maybe that the Bears would go after Teddy B or Foles last year which was easier to predict given the FA QB market is not very extensive most of the time

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Bears FA moves never get leaked....no one had the Bears trading for Mack or getting Quinn or Buster Skrine or Haha Clinton Dix or Bobby Massie or Josh Sitton etc
This is correct. Though how much of this rumor mill is coming from the Bears and how much of it is just baseless fiction drawn up to create clicks we can't know.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Bears generally sit out the early high profile/salary portion of FA

Don't expect much from Pace ntil day 4-5 or later when he can bargain shop

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they stay pretty quiet in FA outside of a few re-treads to fill some holes. The real action will begin around the draft. I think they trade up for whichever qb falls far enough. I know it might sound crazy this early, but I think Jones ends up being the second QB off the board.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I don't see the rush to sign any fa qb until after the draft.

I also don't see the need to trade for anyone other than Watson/Wilson until the draft.

Pace should and likely will let it all play out another month +

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to go way out on a limb here and predict that in the 2021 NFL season the Chicago Bears will have a bad quarterback or a rotation of bad quarterbacks.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the Chicago Bears will eat copious amounts of fuck. still.