NFL insider: Aaron Rodgers ‘solid on never playing for Packers again’

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers can show up 20 minutes before the first game, hung over, and throw for 300 and 3 TDs. That said, few things would bring more joy to my (sports related) heart than to see Rodgers playing somewhere else and the Packers in turmoil. Without Rodgers the division is wide open.
No. Kirk Cousins is king.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I were the Packers, I wouldn't trade him now....I'd wait till the season is over. Force him to sit out the year if he won't play for them. They will get a shitload of picks but they won't do them any good till next year anyway plus Rodgers won't want to sacrifice a year of big pay checks. Which is probably why we will see him at some point this year with the Packers. It will be interesting to see how the team jells with a lame duck QB....will they want him in there all year or do they want the kid to get some snaps?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Rodgers would pull a leveon and sit out the first 9 or 10 weeks or whatever then show up for enough time to accumulate a year of service time. It'd serve a couple purposes in showing he is completely serious about not wanting to be there and force GB into playing Love before they wanted to.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Meh. Until someone else is lining up to take snaps under center in week 1 I'm not going to get too worked up about this.

Overall here's my thoughts:
  • The ownership structure in GB really gives the GM way too much power (more like a leadership position within a union than a privately held company)
  • GM has dug in
  • Rodgers plays well when unhappy (last year and with McCarthy before that)
  • Rodgers has no leverage, so will complain about
For you guys I get you want to see GB burn to the ground, but as it stands it's all posturing at this point.

Yep. It's fun to think about but if I had to put money on it I'm putting it on him coming back.

Of course I would have never put money on the Bears drafting Fields of trading for Mack, so strange shit does happen.

My personal preference is for him to stay and Fields turns into what we all hope he is.... and actually beat the Packers even with AR on the team.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think mehdison is overrated tbh

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:

Aaron Rodgers has no intention of reporting to the Green Bay Packers until his ongoing feud with the team is resolved. The only way to resolve it may be for the team to trade the star quarterback, and yet another longtime NFL insider believes Rodgers is not going to change his mind, Steve DelVecchio of Larry Brown Sports reports.

Peter King of NBC Sports wrote in his weekly column that he believes Rodgers “is solid on never playing for the Packers again.” But even with that in mind, King proposed a possible solution that would allow the two sides to coexist in 2021.

King thinks the Packers should consider promising Rodgers that they will trade him after the 2021 season. The team could also sweeten the pot by telling Rodgers and his representatives that they would work with him if the quarterback gives them a list of teams for which he would like to play.

There are several reasons Rodgers might be open to that scenario, assuming he does not want to retire. The 37-year-old was paid a $6.8 million roster bonus back in March. The Packers could, in theory, come after that money if Rodgers refuses to show up. He also probably has a better chance to win a Super Bowl in Green Bay than any other place he might end up if the Packers trade him this year, so that should appeal to Rodgers on some level.

Packers president Mark Murphy recently said the Rodgers situation has divided the team’s fanbase. With King’s scenario, both sides could sell the idea that they are making one last run at a Super Bowl together before mutually parting ways. That would be much better than the team and one of the best players in franchise history drawing out a long, tenuous divorce. After next season, the Packers could turn things over to Jordan Love.

All very good info, thanx. I personally don't care who the Packers play at QB, our mindset should be to beat whoever it is behind center. Let Rodgers stay, if we can't beat him that means we have to work harder. If we can beat him, then that is means we are a good team and competitive at a high level, which is where we want to be. It is Super Bowl or bust, having an easier schedule is just loser thinking...Not picking on Botfly 10 here, I just don't care about Aaron Rodgers.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

The level of self delusion in Packer Nation is off the charts.

Jordan Love just calmly gave Packers fans a reason not to panic with Aaron Rodgers gone

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky
Rob Demovsky

@RobDemovsky
Jordan Love on whether he’d be ready to start the season opener if needed: “100 percent.” He added: "I’m going to take it day by day, but yeah, that’s what I’m here for, I was drafted here to play quarterback so I’ll definitely be ready to play Week 1.”

Notes from Minicamp practice 3 * Love: 8-of-16 passing with one INT in a red-zone heavy practice. 10-yard TD on a cross to Winfree and 12-yarder on a fade to Tonyan * Good day for the D * Two rookie plays: Stokes INT, SJC breakup * Two rookies on No. 1 OL: C Myers, RT Newman

:cutty:

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Aaron Rodgers has no intention of reporting to the Green Bay Packers until his ongoing feud with the team is resolved. The only way to resolve it may be for the team to trade the star quarterback, and yet another longtime NFL insider believes Rodgers is not going to change his mind, Steve DelVecchio of Larry Brown Sports reports.

Peter King of NBC Sports wrote in his weekly column that he believes Rodgers “is solid on never playing for the Packers again.” But even with that in mind, King proposed a possible solution that would allow the two sides to coexist in 2021.

King thinks the Packers should consider promising Rodgers that they will trade him after the 2021 season. The team could also sweeten the pot by telling Rodgers and his representatives that they would work with him if the quarterback gives them a list of teams for which he would like to play.

There are several reasons Rodgers might be open to that scenario, assuming he does not want to retire. The 37-year-old was paid a $6.8 million roster bonus back in March. The Packers could, in theory, come after that money if Rodgers refuses to show up. He also probably has a better chance to win a Super Bowl in Green Bay than any other place he might end up if the Packers trade him this year, so that should appeal to Rodgers on some level.

Packers president Mark Murphy recently said the Rodgers situation has divided the team’s fanbase. With King’s scenario, both sides could sell the idea that they are making one last run at a Super Bowl together before mutually parting ways. That would be much better than the team and one of the best players in franchise history drawing out a long, tenuous divorce. After next season, the Packers could turn things over to Jordan Love.

First it says he will not report “until“ the feud is resolved. Then it says the only way to resolve it is for him to be traded. That implies once he’s traded he will then report to the Packers. ?