NFL might make fans attending games sign Covid LIABILITY waivers...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Insurance does not cover transmission of communicable diseases....I don't have a problem with the NFL requiring a waiver.....the NFL shouldn't feel obligated to take on that risk.......don't go to the game if you don't want to sign a waiver.
The waiver may also have precaution requirements attached and will remind folks that it's not a hoax but by then, I suspect there will be less of that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone that still thinks it's a hoax is a confirmed delusional idiot.
Yup and I personally know a couple and they're decent people. It's too bad that we need to have all these red states go down to help convince the doubters. It's not just that it got there late, it's hitting AZ HARD with a crazy percentage of positive tests. That came from not following guidelines, disbelieving science and recent history. I wish them a quick recovery and short loss of revenues from any newly created shutdowns due to being misguided or simple lack of concern.

Back to topic. The bright side is of this is that if everyone begins to understand the issue and cooperates because of this current outbreak, we could conceivably have some form of football this year. It's also the sport that could most easily exist without people in the stands.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You haven’t? Check out Wadley’s me too post. Kirk is the face of the program and has oversight; it looks real bad.

Will be interesting how it affects recruiting.
I haven't read that one yet. I did see it the other day but didn't have time to read it. I'll take a look.

Wadley is kind've a shitbag I have learned since he left the program. Did you hear about his autograph scam? Basically a bunch of fans ordered signed footballs/memorabilia, paid $25 bux and Wadley just never send them. This doesn't excuse any injustices he might have faced during his time at Iowa, but does hurt his credibility imo.

I'll be honest, I didn't think Kirk was going to/or still might not make it out of this deal unscathed. I thought he was going to step down. Kirk is far from perfect, but he has done good things for Iowa football and would be a shit way for him to go. I'm really not opposed to a changing of the guard. I am not a fan of Brian Ferentz and if Kirk finishes out his contract and they hire Brian then I'm gonna be pissed lol.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
So basically the NFL isn't really concerned about fan safety, they just don't want to be sued.
Adults can adult... NFL doesn't have to make up my mind for me. If I choose to BLM march or attend a football game, that is my decision and my risk to assimilate. If I don't feel like taking the risk, I'll sit at home and watch.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe the stars will but there is such a short window for most of these guys to play and get paid. Doubt it.

yeah, good point. but it's the stars that tend to drive media coverage and sentiment. Just saying, these guys see their body as a multi-million dollar asset. they might start balking if they perceive a threat that could affect them long term.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
yeah, good point. but it's the stars that tend to drive media coverage and sentiment. Just saying, these guys see their body as a multi-million dollar asset. they might start balking if they perceive a threat that could affect them long term.
Maybe a star player that just signed a monster deal. Or a player that is still in a prove it year that is also still young.

Guys like Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben all want to play you can tell because they know they are close to being done anyway.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe a star player that just signed a monster deal. Or a player that is still in a prove it year that is also still young.

Guys like Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben all want to play you can tell because they know they are close to being done anyway.

yeah, the old dudes with limited years left prob don't give a fuck

but dudes in their prime might start chirping

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
fuck your waiver Goodell, i got this!
71Dn758G0yL._AC_UY445_.jpg

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't read that one yet. I did see it the other day but didn't have time to read it. I'll take a look.

Wadley is kind've a shitbag I have learned since he left the program. Did you hear about his autograph scam? Basically a bunch of fans ordered signed footballs/memorabilia, paid $25 bux and Wadley just never send them. This doesn't excuse any injustices he might have faced during his time at Iowa, but does hurt his credibility imo.

I'll be honest, I didn't think Kirk was going to/or still might not make it out of this deal unscathed. I thought he was going to step down. Kirk is far from perfect, but he has done good things for Iowa football and would be a shit way for him to go. I'm really not opposed to a changing of the guard. I am not a fan of Brian Ferentz and if Kirk finishes out his contract and they hire Brian then I'm gonna be pissed lol.

fuck wadley. He wanted them to recruit his brother and always talked highly of iowa including tweeting a pic of himself in uniform captioned take me back. Now all of a sudden iowa was hell when his nfl career is non existent

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to an NFL game is a choice not a right. Don’t go if you don’t want to increase your chance of catching or passing covid.

The NFL is a legal entity and they should take steps to protect themselves.

Do you expect the NFL to let people in stadiums and encourage their guests to sue them if the catch COVID-19?

There are certain things the NFL and stadiums need to do to protect fans within reason. Things like this have been established.

Then there are things that are considered assumed risks.

This is one of them.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Going to an NFL game is a choice not a right. Don’t go if you don’t want to increase your chance of catching or passing covid.

The NFL is a legal entity and they should take steps to protect themselves.

Do you expect the NFL to let people in stadiums and encourage their guests to sue them if the catch COVID-19?

There are certain things the NFL and stadiums need to do to protect fans within reason. Things like this have been established.

Then there are things that are considered assumed risks.

This is one of them.

I wonder how many people would actually go to the games. I see people getting upset at people in grocery stores and restaurants not wearing a mask, but I can see how someone might forget their mask, and don't want to have to drive all the way back home and get it. I can see how someone would think, I'm going to run in really quick and get what I need and get outta here. A lot people are catching grief for pursuing necessities like food and taking the bus to - heaven forbid - get money to pay bills.

But I wonder how many people would sit in a stadium for three hours with thousands of fans for something that is completely unnecessary and can be watched on TV?

I suspect the NFL realizes the stadiums will be like 1/3rd capacity anyway, so they might as well just not sell tickets.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder how many people would actually go to the games. I see people getting upset at people in grocery stores and restaurants not wearing a mask, but I can see how someone might forget their mask, and don't want to have to drive all the way back home and get it. I can see how someone would think, I'm going to run in really quick and get what I need and get outta here. A lot people are catching grief for pursuing necessities like food and taking the bus to - heaven forbid - get money to pay bills.

But I wonder how many people would sit in a stadium for three hours with thousands of fans for something that is completely unnecessary and can be watched on TV?

I suspect the NFL realizes the stadiums will be like 1/3rd capacity anyway, so they might as well just not sell tickets.

The stadiums won’t be full. If there is enough interest they will open it up. If the fans are say limited to 20% or less it may not be worth the effort.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
My thought is there the season will be short if any at all. My two-cent reasoning is with the sports that are going to start-up (MLB, NBA, and NHL) that all it'll take is ONE (1) player for any of those 3 sports organizations, either athlete or coach, to catch COVID-19 and be hospitalized in a "serious" condition, that that will put the breaks on hard for all the other sports and all will cease abruptly.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
My thought is there the season will be short if any at all. My two-cent reasoning is with the sports that are going to start-up (MLB, NBA, and NHL) that all it'll take is ONE (1) player for any of those 3 sports organizations, either athlete or coach, to catch COVID-19 and be hospitalized in a "serious" condition, that that will put the breaks on hard for all the other sports and all will cease abruptly.

Nice English

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
the deathrate is dropping like a lot of your fantasy teams are about to, it IS pretty damn scary though having a 99.8 chance of living...higher if you're under 40

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
NFL teams could survive without fans in the stands for a season, most of the seats are already paid for. It's the TV money that would be lost that would kill the owners.

Those poor sweet millionaires may make less money for one year, my heart weeps for those brave owners.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the deathrate is dropping like a lot of your fantasy teams are about to, it IS pretty damn scary though having a 99.8 chance of living...higher if you're under 40
Never mind the over 130k deaths and other complications so far. They're not people that count. Do you really think that a careless USA is the only world outlier when many countries like South Korea have extremely good record keeping, defense strategies, testing and care. Do you think those countries care about the DNC, CDC or US media or Trump's take?

Last edited: