NFL prefers Apple for Sunday Ticket

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Which industries would that be?

And which employees? They get paid $15 a year to deliver packages. That is great for what is essentially unskilled labor as it is double the current minimum wage.

Maybe he meant he wrecks any opponents in the same industry. Which would be good if he owned the bears.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think Bezo
No, it really wouldn't.

Bezos is a vulture with a track record of wrecking the industries he enters. Amazon has a reputation for bad corporate culture because Bezos has always treated his employees like shit.
Soooo he makes the Bears the best team in the league and wrecks the others?

10veitout

Liked Posts:
You are a Packer fan so no surprise you don't know what you are talking about.

Prime Video has higher quality original programming these days.

HBO max made hulu worthless and has the entire HBO library and more.

With all that said, streaming everything for free is easy.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which industries would that be?

And which employees? They get paid $15 a year to deliver packages. That is great for what is essentially unskilled labor as it is double the current minimum wage.

They destroyed the retail book industry which I worked in for 19 years. Bezos' business plan was to enter a sector with little resistance and soak up market share. He didn't give a damn how it affected communities.

I still work adjacent to the publishing industry so I get perspective on what Amazon has done to the publishers, particularly financially, as they squeeze the industry dry. It's ugly business.

There's no such thing as unskilled labor and everyone deserves bathroom breaks outside their vehicle. Their warehouses are literally sweatshops that break people in an endless cycle of misery. They extract every ounce of productivity on the clock then make employees clock out to stand in long security lines before they're allowed to leave facilities. They are the epitome of a heartless employer that sees humans as disposable.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
They destroyed the retail book industry which I worked in for 19 years. Bezos' business plan was to enter a sector with little resistance and soak up market share. He didn't give a damn how it affected communities.

I still work adjacent to the publishing industry so I get perspective on what Amazon has done to the publishers, particularly financially, as they squeeze the industry dry. It's ugly business.

There's no such thing as unskilled labor and everyone deserves bathroom breaks outside their vehicle. Their warehouses are literally sweatshops that break people in an endless cycle of misery. They extract every ounce of productivity on the clock then make employees clock out to stand in long security lines before they're allowed to leave facilities. They are the epitome of a heartless employer that sees humans as disposable.
Hes been really successful in everything he's done is what I'm seeing. So I'd expect him to turn the franchise around. Hope he does buy them

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe he meant he wrecks any opponents in the same industry. Which would be good if he owned the bears.
No, Bezos wouldn't have the competitive advantage he had versus retail, running at operational loss for a decade while he gobbled up market share. Throwing money around doesn't make for a good football operation. Look at Snyder with Washington.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
No, Bezos wouldn't have the competitive advantage he had versus retail, running at operational loss for a decade while he gobbled up market share. Throwing money around doesn't make for a good football operation. Look at Snyder with Washington.
He'd hire people that know what they are doing like he has in other sectors. Something the McCaskeys have never done.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

All I’m seeing is he exploited a weakness in the market nobody else saw. And he did it better than anybody else could. Sounds like a great head coach to me honestly.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Bezos would have a stadium better than Jerry world and the Bears in SB contention before Fields’ rookie contract ends.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Most Prime original content is shit.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Directv gave me the Sun ticket for free. Fuck apple

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
I would think Amazon is still the front runner. They did trial runs on Prime for free. I watched a couple of TNF games.

Amazon is going hard for streaming. They bought MGM a month ago. I think the major streaming players will be Prime & Disney....I feel Netflix will fall off.

If you haven't seen The Tomorrow War with Chris Pratt - watch it on Prime this weekend to see what movies made by Amazon look like - that movie was good for a theatrical release by a major studio, let alone a streaming service.
The simple fact of the matter is that if Amazon wants it bad enough they will not be out bid. And, as you said, they have experience (I don't know if apple does).

I have to agree that they are probably the front runner.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You mean stealing everything is easy. The NFL is a business and has to make money to pay their players. It's because of thiefs like you that other people have to pay more.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
You mean stealing everything is easy. The NFL is a business and has to make money to pay their players. It's because of thiefs like you that other people have to pay more.

Imagine having HBO max, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube TV (or another official IPTV provider), and then Funimation and Crunchyroll because I'm an anime guy.

Then throw on top of that, Sunday Ticket, or the much cheaper VPN+non US version of NFL Gamepass.. that would be over 200$ a month!

Yea, no. Lol. I'd rather just have a VPN subscription and stream any content I want completely for free. Channels, sports, shows, movies, anime etc.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck Apple. NFL should offer their own streaming service.

I don't think Sunday Ticket will be near as good for anyone as it once was for Direct TV. Not only are people more familiar with free streaming sites but you have Redzone now which means you don't have to miss anything from any game. They should offer a discounted price to just follow 1 team for the year for those fans who favor teams who are not local to them.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck Apple. NFL should offer their own streaming service.

I don't think Sunday Ticket will be near as good for anyone as it once was for Direct TV. Not only are people more familiar with free streaming sites but you have Redzone now which means you don't have to miss anything from any game. They should offer a discounted price to just follow 1 team for the year for those fans who favor teams who are not local to them.
Isn't Direct TV going to offer Sunday Ticket?

I got it for free this season and last

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Here’s a snippet from a recent article up on the Athletic

“The NFL’s much-discussed Sunday Ticket package is in the news of late, with one report having Amazon as the lead contender to acquire the out-of-market games that are up for bid, while another touts Disney’s ESPN empire as interested.

All fair, but it’s still early in the process, and sources say the NFL wants — or perhaps, better termed, hopes — Apple gets the out-of-market package. And that package could look a lot different structurally than the one DirecTV has shopped since its inception in 1994, charging a basic rate for all the games. Under consideration is adding choices like allowing fans to buy just one team’s out-of-market games, or perhaps even stand-alone games, sources said.”
Fuck Yes. Finally, ffs. This shouldn't be this difficult.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They didnt destroy it. Consumers did. They preferred Amazon's model to the traditional retail book model. Same thing with publishing.

When you dont have a degree then yes you are unskilled labor. That is the reality. I have heard it is intense there but they again are getting paid double minimum wage.