NFL+ Streaming Service

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
preseason doesn't matter. Wouldn't pay 1 cent to see a preseason game.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Should sell pretty well in Chicago. Probably the only fans in the nfl that love watching undrafted talent every week

Canth

Liked Posts:
It's basically the same thing as what gamepass was before, but cheaper ($100 vs $80 for premium). Gamepass also never gave you live, out-of-market games to view. They can't do that without violating agreements for NFL Sunday ticket.

What it does get you during the season are the live radio calls that allow you to follow the game and then both the full game video or a condensed version after the game you can watch. They also have the "coaches film", which I believe just means the all-22 if you are into that stuff.

So, I will get NFL+. I did gamepass for the first time last year and it was decent and only $100. I live out of the Chicago market area, so for me, it's something like this to help be able to follow the team/games or using NFL Sunday Ticket and I absolutely hate Direct TV. I tried that before and never again.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I usually get gamepass so I'll probably get this as well:

1. I can see the pre-season games.
2. I can see the all-22 during the season.

One bit of marketing double-speak I don't understand though, is this quote from the article:
NFL+ marks the first time the NFL has operated its own streaming service, giving the league a new future platform to potentially show exclusive games. Major League Baseball and the National Basketball Association already both sell subscriptions to their own streaming services that include out-of-market games.

Huh? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot do you call Gamepass for all those years?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's basically the same thing as what gamepass was before, but cheaper ($100 vs $80 for premium). Gamepass also never gave you live, out-of-market games to view. They can't do that without violating agreements for NFL Sunday ticket.

What it does get you during the season are the live radio calls that allow you to follow the game and then both the full game video or a condensed version after the game you can watch. They also have the "coaches film", which I believe just means the all-22 if you are into that stuff.

So, I will get NFL+. I did gamepass for the first time last year and it was decent and only $100. I live out of the Chicago market area, so for me, it's something like this to help be able to follow the team/games or using NFL Sunday Ticket and I absolutely hate Direct TV. I tried that before and never again.
That wouldn't be NFL+. It would be NFL+ premium, a different package. Football's not the type game people want to wait to watch a replay of. I'd pay for the Premium if it was as the Sunday ticket was but it's nothing like that. Would think the NFL could make a lot more money if they did that Sunday Ticket style through their streaming service. Could hit a much wider market, being all inclusive and not just applicable to those who get DirectTV or Apple or Amazon when they sell it to them. And there's still the obvious fact that you can find free streams of any game.

The replays and all 22 for $9.99 seems like a pretty good deal if you have the time to vest in that. The $79.99 per year seems like a waste as the regular season is only 4 months long and that $80 price tag far exceeds the amount you'd be paying by the month, unless you're really crazy invested in the all 22 and replays and want to still be watching them in the coming summer months.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
preseason doesn't matter. Wouldn't pay 1 cent to see a preseason game.
And miss the chance to see the lions dominate again?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt it evolves into something closer to Sunday Ticket, as they have a bidding war going on with established streaming services to take over starting next season.

I do think that, if they get enough subscribers, it will replace the NFL Network as more people are getting away from traditional cable television.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt it evolves into something closer to Sunday Ticket, as they have a bidding war going on with established streaming services to take over starting next season.

I do think that, if they get enough subscribers, it will replace the NFL Network as more people are getting away from traditional cable television.
RedZone still the way to go.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
I reading this wrong? Its only available on phone ot tablet? I don't see anywhere laptops mentioned. Can somebody verify this.
Thanks.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I ditched Directv a couple years ago and paid for NFL Gamepass. But the caveat is that I bought Gamepass using a VPN outside of the US. I opted for Europe. That way, I have access to every single game, plus all the other perks that Gamepass has. So yeah, I have to jump through an extra hoop, but it still beats Directv.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I ditched Directv a couple years ago and paid for NFL Gamepass. But the caveat is that I bought Gamepass using a VPN outside of the US. I opted for Europe. That way, I have access to every single game, plus all the other perks that Gamepass has. So yeah, I have to jump through an extra hoop, but it still beats Directv.
IMO, that's the way to go. I had Sunday Ticket for a decade but once I found out about the International Gamepass loop hole I did it. Different countries charge different rates for Gamepass, so you can save a little more by finding out which country is the cheapest and sign up via VPN when connected to that country.

Canth

Liked Posts:
That wouldn't be NFL+. It would be NFL+ premium, a different package. Football's not the type game people want to wait to watch a replay of. I'd pay for the Premium if it was as the Sunday ticket was but it's nothing like that. Would think the NFL could make a lot more money if they did that Sunday Ticket style through their streaming service. Could hit a much wider market, being all inclusive and not just applicable to those who get DirectTV or Apple or Amazon when they sell it to them. And there's still the obvious fact that you can find free streams of any game.

The replays and all 22 for $9.99 seems like a pretty good deal if you have the time to vest in that. The $79.99 per year seems like a waste as the regular season is only 4 months long and that $80 price tag far exceeds the amount you'd be paying by the month, unless you're really crazy invested in the all 22 and replays and want to still be watching them in the coming summer months.

Yeah, that's why I put the premium after the $80. So, NFL+ premium is basically what NFL Game pass used to be.

If you don't want any of the game replays, then heck yeah, the $40 ($30 now for early access) makes a ton of sense.

For me, and again, I am out of market, I really did actually like the ad-free condensed game replay to be able to see the game. But that is obviously going to vary from person to person. The condensed one made it so you could watch the game in under an hour.

As far as the $9.99/month vs $79.99/yr goes, I look at it as I would be using it for probably at least a solid 6 months now (Aug-Jan). For $20 more, I get it year round and I don't have to remember to cancel it. Just pay it the once and done. Again, to each their own.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been happy enough with Game Pass as I'm not always available to watch the games live anyway. But if I understand correctly NFL+ is replacing Game Pass and it only streams on phones or tablets, which if true is stupid AF. How is paying to watch football on the small screen (even if live) better than watching it on tv after the game is uploaded?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been happy enough with Game Pass as I'm not always available to watch the games live anyway. But if I understand correctly NFL+ is replacing Game Pass and it only streams on phones or tablets, which if true is stupid AF. How is paying to watch football on the small screen (even if live) better than watching it on tv after the game is uploaded?
Think it includes mobile access and is not restricted to just mobile access.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't it be cast to the TV from phone or tablet?

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Is the gamepass in the states other than mine?
I'm using it an can see all games, incl. Playoffs ans Pre Season, live, delayed or after for 180 dollars.

Next week its will auto renew. So, where is the difference from NFL+ for me? Cheaper?

Thanks