***NFL TO VOTE*** Offering Teams Draft Compensation For Hiring Minority HCs & GMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Same thing with race and IQ. IQ has some biological basis but race does not, so you can't link the two together.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fairly certain botflys post I quoted was about poor players having no other outlet for success so they play sports.

Yea...thats not how good athletes work, for the most part. It's genetic. Otherwise you'd have twinks like grimson playing football.

Calling someone different because of their phenotype is not being racist.
@Grimson did play football, idiot.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
msadows is truly a imbecile. Lying about degrees and careers.

Spreading scientific nonsense about.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's racism on an individual level (still bad of course) but not systemic racism. Now if that black person was in a position of power and created a law that discriminated against Spanish people that would be systemic racism.
Without individual racism, systematic racism wouldn't exist. I am not sure why you need to feel the need to differentiate in this context.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Without individual racism, systematic racism wouldn't exist. I am not sure why you need to feel the need to differentiate in this context.
I was just explaining that there's individual and systemic racism, the key point being that systemic racism is more damaging than individual racism.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
If the goal is to hire more people of color this may work.

If the goal is to: "live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character" then I think it's a huge swing and a miss.

To me this is the NFL saying "hey, we think coaches of color are less valuable so we're going to give you an incentive to hire them." Pretty shitty IMO. But I'm open to any thoughts otherwise because I do think the level of minority hiring in the NFL is BS.

Yea I think both can be true:

The level of hiring for minority coaches is a fucking joke, and this rule also sends the wrong message.

Either way, I am actually not going to be really vocally against it because at the end of the day, a draft pick means jack shit. Teams that for whatever subconscious or conscious bias will not hire a minority coach definitely will not do it for draft compensation. It’s not like they will get a top 5 pick. At best it’ll be some shit like end of the first round which means nothing in terms of turning around a shit team (the ones hiring new coaches).

This won’t do much. I’m not sure what will.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Fuck I just quoted some shit on the first or second page without realizing this is a 20 page thread.

Canth

Liked Posts:
After re-reading the various proposals about expanding the Rooney rule and this incentive proposal, my prediction is that the incentive proposal will not get passed by the NFL owners. I think it is too much of a change for them to buy into it on the first consideration of something like that.

Instead, my guess is that they expand the Rooney rule to cover coordinator positions and maybe to require 2 minority candidate interviews instead of the current single candidate requirement.

It will also be interesting to see if they make it so that teams cannot block position coaches from interviewing / leaving for coordinator positions. IMO, that rule should also been changed a long time ago. I have always thought it a bit wrong to deny people a chance at a promotion especially when there are so few opportunities available.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Imagine being too stupid to understand how hiring someone solely on skin color is racist. Congrats, you are officially Special person.

Yes, because they are going to pluck random people of color off the streets and give them GM and head coaching jobs in the NFL.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Just do what the bulls did to cater to dumb fucks. Hire a puppet.

The Bulls did the opposite. They fired their puppets and put in 2 guys who have shown to be halfway competent at their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.