NFL Trade Rumors Heating Up

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
How in the fuck have the Bears STILL not added an offensive lineman to replace Daniels? They are 5-1 with a realistic chance of making the playoffs. It would be an absolute crime to pass this opportunity up by sitting on your hands and letting other teams take away any available talent that could help your team.

Don’t worry, they have coward.

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
I agree that we should make at least a move to help the o-line and i think all of us do but i'm a little different then most on here that want Pace to make any move just to make it look like he's trying to help this team get further. I only think we should make a move if it's a good move and doesn't hurt our future. Like signing Spain would be the perfect move cause it doesn't cost us anything in draft picks especially since we already don't have our 4th rounder next year.

All i was saying in my post is that we don't and won't know what teams Pace has and is calling about trades and what free agents he's talking to unless he wants us to know. The media will put stuff out there just so they can get clicks or any attention possible from the public but most of the shit they put out is just a bunch of BS.
I agree with not mortgaging the future and slinging a ton of picks around, but given how well this team is playing slinging any Day Three picks for even a semi-competent OL would be master stroke of common sense for Pace. I've read that there are some red flags with Spain, so not sure if they'll sniff around him, but sending a fifth or fourth for someone like Zeitler on a half season rental could payoff big time. Like I said my greatest fear is the Bears continuing to flounder in the middle of the league like teams like the Falcons have. We're closer to a championship team then a total rebuild so taking shots during that window are important.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I agree with not mortgaging the future and slinging a ton of picks around, but given how well this team is playing slinging any Day Three picks for even a semi-competent OL would be master stroke of common sense for Pace. I've read that there are some red flags with Spain, so not sure if they'll sniff around him, but sending a fifth or fourth for someone like Zeitler on a half season rental could payoff big time. Like I said my greatest fear is the Bears continuing to flounder in the middle of the league like teams like the Falcons have. We're closer to a championship team then a total rebuild so taking shots during that window are important.

I get it and agree but the trade also has to make sense and when i say make sense i mean with the Bears not with the fans cause many on here think any trade makes sense until it doesn't. A lot of flip flopping going on on CCS. Whoever we trade for has to be a right fit and also has to be on the right kind of contract that makes sense for the Bears. We don't wanna trade for a LG that's on a 3 year deal when Daniels will be back next year and that goes for any tackles as well. I'm all about bringing in o-line help but i'm not like many on here that just want any trade for any o-linemen just because we need o-line help. I like to look at this team in the now and the future, not just the now. This is why i think Spain is the perfect addition to make on a cheap one year deal.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFC east obviously wide open. Would Dallas give us a 2nd or 3rd for Trubisky? One can dream, right? Lol

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I was thinking maybe if they can swap Miller for Ross.
Miller is a better player, not even sure why anyone would recommend a swap (makes absolutely no sense). Has anyone ever looked up his stats? Ross has 51 catches in his entire career. Miller has 101 catches and arrived in the NFL a year later.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I really hope Pace does something to fortify the interior of our OL. Now that we have the immobile Foles starting we gotta sure up the middle of the OL.

I've seen that the Giants say Zietler is available and Windy has mentioned as a player we should go after. Another name that I've seen may be an option is James Carpenter out of Atlanta. Not sure if he's really available though.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Hub tweeted about the deadline approaching, and there being some interesting possibilities if the BEARS are interested. He specifically mentioned Alex Mack (C - ATL) and Cam Robinson (LT - JAX). I have no idea if either guy is available. Both are in the last year of their respective deals. Mack is 35 in less than a month and makes pretty good cash. He'd allow you to slide Whitehair back to G. Robinson makes less $$. He just turned 25 and was their 2nd round pick in 2017 (#34 overall). I don't know much about other players (non-BEARS) around the league, outside of those about whom you hear a lot. I've no idea how good either guy is. I know Mack was a stud at one point.

It's funny to read fans proposals on Twitter though. They act like it's Madden and you can do anything you want. First off, after trading (up) for Floyd, Trubisky, Miller, Mack, Montgomery, etc... don't you have to start keeping as many draft picks as you can? It seems like every draft we go in with 5 picks or something. Mack was worth it, but they're just getting over that trade in terms of draft capital.

Then there's the SIGN/TRADE FOR EVERYBODY crowd. "Michael Thomas is available!" Like that's going to happen. Aren't they still trying to figure out how to pay AR? "We should've gotten (every single player available), like Damon Harrison, Leonard Fournette, & Leveon Bell." How do you know if that was even a possibility?: Yeah, if a good reporter says the BEARS weren't interested or something, fine. But maybe those guys had no interest in coming to Chicago.

Maybe Spain has something to give. It doesn't seem like the league is in a big hurry to sign him. The guys on the street are usually there for a reason. I'd love a WR speed threat like Will Fuller. But BO'B isn't there to do dumbass trades anymore. I'd love a speed threat opposite Montgomery, a guy like Alexander Mattison. But he's in his 2nd year, is almost assuredly not available - esp not to a division rival. I'd love a big run stuffer and OL help. Outside of our disappointing guy (Miller) for your disappointing guy, I don't know how much you can do. It'd be nice to see a list of who exactly is available and for what price.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
How in the fuck have the Bears STILL not added an offensive lineman to replace Daniels? They are 5-1 with a realistic chance of making the playoffs. It would be an absolute crime to pass this opportunity up by sitting on your hands and letting other teams take away any available talent that could help your team.
Added from where?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Bears have several late rd comp picks coming next season, so they can afford to give up a late rd draft pick or a pick in 2022 to improve the team.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
The Bears have several late rd comp picks coming next season, so they can afford to give up a late rd draft pick or a pick in 2022 to improve the team.
They won’t