KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
The NFL is installing a new rule where pivotal pass Interference non-calls can be reviewed and overturned a few times throughout a game.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
One thing they need to clarify is if they are allowed to review illegal contact and defensive holding as well. I would think you would have to otherwise you open a can of worms. There could be situations where a blatant call is missed and they review it and say well technically the ball wasnt thrown yet so it’s not PI and instead is illegal contact so we can’t have review change the call.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
As long as teams don't get any extra challenges, I'm all for more plays that can be reviewed...

napo55

Liked Posts:
With all the commercial breaks and more and more delays for reviews, I'm afraid the games are going to lose continuity and excitement.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
With all the commercial breaks and more and more delays for reviews, I'm afraid the games are going to lose continuity and excitement.

The only time there could be more reviews than now would be in the final 2 minutes of each half. And that's only if the booth decides to initiate a review on an obvious missed call.

Other than that, no change. Coaches still have the same number of challenges, they just have extra options to use them on...

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They need to be more strict on holding the refs & review crews to a limited time frame for review. What kills momentum and slows the game are the obvious clear cut reviews that still take 3 minutes without using up a commercial even. Don't need more than 2 views sometimes, yet it's annoying AF to see it 20 damn times & hear announcers overtalk about it 20 damn times.

Gotta make damn sure the AV/TV tech is pre-checked and has no delays either. Seems to also slow up the game.

To those who complain about reviews, ...it's not WHAT they're doing, but HOW, that's wrong at times IMO.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I've seen plenty of replay calls that have been completely screwed up too. Sorry this will just calm their tits for a few games, then fans will be bitching about some other egregious unintended consequences next year, which will probably result in yet another rule change.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I agree that the reviews take too long. But that is the norm and I don't expect a meaningful improvement. I just hope they don't keep adding more and more delays and reviews and ruining the game.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
All the owners voted for this. They do not want to be the next victim of a simple call getting missed.

Of course, the bigger problem is why these calls need to be reviewed anyway, you know, the blatant misses.

I still say a senior official in the booth at each game with the ear piece to tell a guy to throw a flag is a better solution.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reviews are surpassing the actual play of the game.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lmao wait until what happened to the Saints happens to us, a review is done and ref goes "Call on the field stands"

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao wait until what happened to the Saints happens to us, a review is done and ref goes "Call on the field stands"

If the game becomes unwatchable like baseball, no one will care.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree that some of these calls can make or break a game- I dont have an issue with this particular addition.
....but what is the next step? What is the next judgement call that decides a big game and needs to be addressed?

Why dont they just get 22 officiating cameras for the 22 players,, 22 officials monitoring one guy each, and hit a button when their guy commits a penalty.

If they want officiating perfection, that is the only real way to get it done. 55 holding plays per game, and negative yardage for a team for a game will actually be a common thing.

it is a conundrum. Gotta have rules, but if they are followed to the letter and called every time... the game would change drastically.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
All but one. Cincinnati voted against it for some reason. Do their DBs commit a lot of uncalled PI penalties? Weird.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They have been doing it in the CFL for years. It doesn't really kill the speed of the game and they only over turn things that are super obvious.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Keep taking the human element out of things, and eventually you're going to take the fun out of things.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
This is a terrible rule. They seem hell-bent on changing the rules every year and its Special person. Holding and DPI are calls where the officials should have discretion on throwing the flag or not. You are going to have some contact on every play. And dont feed me some bs about 'coach the players different'. That is Special person. Both players put their hands on each other every play. You gonna call OPI and DPI every play?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
And you guys thought “what constitutes a catch” was sticky. Oh boy, can’t wait for this.

Every coach should chuck it deep in the fourth quarter, then throw a challenge flag if it’s incomplete. There’s bound to be some contact, and by the letter of the law, they’ll have to call it if it goes to replay.

What a mess this will be.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
And you guys thought “what constitutes a catch” was sticky. Oh boy, can’t wait for this.

Every coach should chuck it deep in the fourth quarter, then throw a challenge flag if it’s incomplete. There’s bound to be some contact, and by the letter of the law, they’ll have to call it if it goes to replay.

What a mess this will be.

It will have to be blatant PI for them to call it. Everyone thought the lowering the head rule was going to destroy the game last season. Ended up being a lot of whining about nothing, just as this will be...