NHL Draft thread

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, a scouting report says he goes to the netmouth...which is good.

Not sure how I feel about it. I personally would have gotten Schneider.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck. How do we pass on LaPierre right there? Draft pooped out a gem to us somehow, and we stayed locked in and arrogant.

Stan has to go. Dude just has to be the smartest guy at the draft no matter what. Schneider is another hard guy to pass. My god.
Personally, I think Lapierre is damaged goods.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally, I think Lapierre is damaged goods.
Shaw, Crow, Boqvist are all damaged goods too then.

Its sounds like twisted vertibrae. All the kid needs is yoga for 6 months and he'd be your top 5 guy again.

"Lapierre is the wild card of this draft," Button said. "I should probably have him higher based on his potential, because I think he's a top-five player if he can return to full health. He's the best two-way player in the draft."

I'm telling you. I broke my neck in rugby and couldn't work for 5 years. Hot yoga unfuzed like 3 vertebrae in my back and neck and it all went away forever.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets use those thirds and Saad to jump up and get LaPierre. I don't think he lasts past #5 in second round as teams who already selected will take a chance.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's the silver lining for me; if he's a Bolland type, then he would fill a need lacking since Bolland left.
I’ve seen comparisons all over the map with this kid forms Saad to Tavares. The more I read the more I feel like this could be what we saw with Dach last year. 2 way player with high playmaking ability

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, a scouting report says he goes to the netmouth...which is good.

Not sure how I feel about it. I personally would have gotten Schneider.
My daughter is watching the draft and picked Schneider to the Hawks. When he did get drafted she got so excited to tell me. Never thought in a million years my daughter would be so invested into watching the draft with me.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cool for him, his favorite team. Should be 6'1 closer to 200 in 2 yrs. May make the squad faster than you think.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Is he rated about 17th. Sure. Was he the best available. Probably not. That's it. Just take the best available every time.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Sigh. I miss Buff, Wis, Bolland, and Hammer.

Instead.......... Nylander.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Didn't think he would be there.

This is a great pick.

I don't see Pettersson, when he fills out I see a playmaking prime Bertuzzi. His cross goal mouth move is identical. Saad? Maybe but with alot more mean. Tavares? No way. Tavares can flat out fly when he wants to and is a shooter first.

He needs weight. Not fast, but not slow. Cerebral. High hockey IQ.

And now the bad news.

He should be a second/third line player. His floor is high. But, there was top line potential still on the board.

The fuck Schneider still there along with Zary? Zary/Dach would have been fun watching together. Schneider would have been Boqvist's Methot.

Still, there's alot of draft left with the Hawks having a 2 and a couple 3's. There's about six guys were the first round potential still out there. Hopefully Stan does his homework.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Hmmmm...I was told Askarov couldn't get past New Jersey.
Can't fault them for taking Holtz.

Sanderson/Drysdale went a hell of alot higher then expected. One? Yes. But back to back? If the Ducks took Holtz, which they should have, Askarov is a Devil.

First round winners and losers (outside the obvious wins)

Winners

Preds
Leafs
Flames
Rangers- Schneider
And get this....the Hawks

Losers

Ducks
Oilers
Devils- Shakir? Meet Anton Babchuk

And the question mark
Caps- might have drafted the next Backstrom

damondog

Liked Posts:
gentleman I am astounded that nobody is criticizing bowman for not working the draft board. the rangers traded up to draft Schneider giving away a 3rd to flipflop 1's. bowman had to have received a phone call from them and knowing they were taking Reichel could have moved down to 23 and still got him.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
gentleman I am astounded that nobody is criticizing bowman for not working the draft board. the rangers traded up to draft Schneider giving away a 3rd to flipflop 1's. bowman had to have received a phone call from them and knowing they were taking Reichel could have moved down to 23 and still got him.
They were saying the Hawks were trying to move up for Reichel, and had to sweat through about 4 picks from what Mark Kelly was saying.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
All the guys that were slipping that I liked got picked before our pick. I didn’t have that one guy I wanted no matter what like last years draft. I think at this point I’m just in a place where I don’t trust what bowman does regardless. He Stanley cup was a product of another gm. He hasn’t shown any progress in a rebuild. We will see what happens but interest level is low for me

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
I saw reports today but the Blackhawks were trying to trade up to number nine, 10, or 11 to likely go after the goalie. But nobody was interested in trading down. Everything that I have read about Reichel revolves around his ability to be one step ahead of the game. He has an innate ability to be in the right spot at the right time and to know where to go with the puck. You can always look at measurable’s like height and speed, but that innate ability is what scouts get paid the find. We will see you in a few years if the Blackhawks were right