Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I appreciate that he's a downfield risk taker. We sorely need that in this O.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Awesome for the Bear and fair to Nick. That's a fabulous arrangement from a guy that obviously is not selfish. My guess is that the contract also has offsets written into it so that if Nick performs well and gets a new deal here or elsewhere, his new contract will pay off some of that debt as well. He could make significantly more while we can save a significant amount if he leaves. Really neat renegotiation and cap saver.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Nick foles and what he brings

Ok....so when the pocket breaks down and it will.....what does Foles bring?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Awesome for the Bear and fair to Nick. That's a fabulous arrangement from a guy that obviously is not selfish. My guess is that the contract also has offsets written into it so that if Nick performs well and gets a new deal here or elsewhere, his new contract will pay off some of that debt as well. He could make significantly more while we can save a significant amount if he leaves. Really neat renegotiation and cap saver.

Wouldn't say that. If he hits his incentives he can void the contract and the Bears will have 2 QBs going into FA next year. If he doesn't hit his incentives he gets the exact same 21m Guaranteed he was always going to get.

So from the perspective of the original contract he had with the Jags, he basically gets all the money he was going to get and then can peace out and get a bigger deal if he plays well which he didn't have that option with the Jags.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
It will be nice having a QB who doesn't airmail wide open targets as often as Mitch does. Past QB luminaries like Cutler/Grossman and Orton didn't miss open targets with anywhere near the regularity of Mitch.

Speaking of Cutler and Orton their QB Rate from 2008 and onward is identical at 84.9. lol

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL at Biggs and all those that said Foles is the assumed starter going into the season. This contract reeks of Mitch's last stand.
Pace was always going to give MT every opportunity to succeed. At least the Bears have a viable alternative if he doesn't.
Foles is a well paid backup if Mitch makes the jump and he can earn $6M extra if he is called upon to take over.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
LOL at Biggs and all those that said Foles is the assumed starter going into the season. This contract reeks of Mitch's last stand.
Pace was always going to give MT every opportunity to succeed. At least the Bears have a viable alternative if he doesn't.
Foles is a well paid backup if Mitch makes the jump and he can earn $6M extra if he is called upon to take over.

Even if we paid him 15m or whatever the fuck everyone else thought, it was always gonna be mitch who got the first go at it.

He's the #2 pick. He's still on the roster.

People are acting like the bears have nothing at all to gain from mitch getting the nod at the start of the season. We're paying him less than mariota, a tad bit more than keenum.

This is what good very good backups make.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wouldn't say that. If he hits his incentives he can void the contract and the Bears will have 2 QBs going into FA next year. If he doesn't hit his incentives he gets the exact same 21m Guaranteed he was always going to get.

So from the perspective of the original contract he had with the Jags, he basically gets all the money he was going to get and then can peace out and get a bigger deal if he plays well which he didn't have that option with the Jags.
That bigger deal could be here if he proves worth it and if so, he's worth it to us while assuredly locked up for a longer period. If the O fits him as is likely under those circumstances and he does well, he's extremely likely to want to stay. Him voiding the deal probably has salary offsets so if he leaves, it's because he's getting paid and if not, those probable offsets I projected takes care of the rest. It's fair to everyone while opening cap. You don't always have to take total advantage of somebody for it to be a good deal. I'm not getting into this any further because I give a fuck if others don't agree.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That bigger deal could be here if he proves worth it and if so, he's worth it to us while assuredly locked up for a longer period. If the O fits him as is likely under those circumstances and he does well, he's extremely likely to want to stay. Him voiding the deal probably has salary offsets so if he leaves, it's because he's getting paid and if not, those probable offsets I projected takes care of the rest. It's fair to everyone while opening cap. You don't always have to take total advantage of somebody for it to be a good deal. I'm not getting into this any further because I give a fuck if others don't agree.

Dont think it requires a huge debate. Just saying he really gave up nothing in the renegotiation and gained the ability to void the deal.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
So what are the milestones that he has to hit to collect that extra $6 mill? Just be alive and available or is big production required?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Well his guarantee still exceeds Mitch as its 21 million versus 9 million or so. So dont think that means Mitch is the de facto starter.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well his guarantee still exceeds Mitch as its 21 million versus 9 million or so. So dont think that means Mitch is the de facto starter.
Did I say Mitch was the de facto starter?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

This thread is about Foles. Many of us have moved on from Mitch. Please take that into consideration when trying to derail threads with Mitch propaganda.

Thanks.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This thread is about Foles. Many of us have moved on from Mitch. Please take that into consideration when trying to derail threads with Mitch propaganda.

Thanks.
Sorry, Pace isn't one of them. Once the Bears have moved on from Mitch, I will act in kind.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So if Foles isnt the assumed starter what were you suggesting?
FFS, reading comprehension!
This contract reeks of Mitch's last stand.