Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
BD Nick actually change play calls. Lots of audibles. Rather have him teaching Fields than Dalton. What a fucking waste of money.

Last edited:

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Well we needed both because we got Andy injured twice.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I said this the day he was signed. Their regular season career numbers are almost identical. Dalton has the experience edge, but sucks in the postseason, and Foles is the former Superbowl MVP and has been consistently good in the post-season his entire career.

Wouldn't you rather the mediocre quarterback who's good when it matters most?

Total waste of a signing.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought that was obvious.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Adam Hoge

@AdamHoge

Nick Foles had a great response when asked about getting caught on camera in Cleveland (back in Week 3) saying that the offense wasn't working: "Yeah the offense was not working that day. I love this question because everyone was thinking it at the time."
8:25 PM · Dec 26, 2021

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foles is a risktaker that makes plays and can also look like complete crap. Smart because he needs to be with those (lack of) tools. May have won more games this year because he he can pull a win out his ass but can also look like the worst QB on earth a week later. I said in the game thread he'd slow hand this win. Got lucky. He pulls this shit all the time and then can be totally ineffective the next week. Needs a different O. NE could do more with him.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I would not be mad if they brought Foles back as a back up??‍♂️
1 more year. they should move on from Dalton who's a FA and elevate like a practice squad guy to be the #3 or something so they stop blowing stupid money on the position.

Foles is a risktaker that makes plays and can also look like complete crap. Smart because he needs to be with those (lack of) tools. May have won more games this year because he he can pull a win out his ass but can also look like the worst QB on earth a week later. I said in the game thread he'd slow hand this win. Got lucky. He pulls this shit all the time and then can be totally ineffective the next week. Needs a different O. NE could do more with him.
also yes, I think we saw enough of Foles' body of work with the contemporary Chicago Bears last year.

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still don’t get this thing about Foles getting to decide whether or not he’s traded without a no-trade clause in his contract.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Bears wouldve been a playoff team if Foles started all year... right?

no but I believe the offense and Fields would be further along if we didnt waste months messing around with Dalton .

This is what Arob said about Foles and having 2 qbs last year

“Nick, when he gets to the line, he likes to get you into the right play, get you into the right looks and things like that,” Robinson said. “He’s very gung ho on checks and adjustments at the line of scrimmage. So for guys, that’s something that guy’s had to get used to. Even some of the young guys, being in they playbooks non-stop. Because Nick, if he sees something, he’s going to get to a ‘block-block-flat,’ if he sees a possible nickel blitz or something like that. Or he might get to a screen. It’s like, the whole playbook is open at any time.

now instead of us trying to expand on that we basically started over with Dalton and the brought in Fields when the best thing to do was to get Foles some protection and allow Fields to see the offense ran at the LOS whereas Dalton basically was running whatever the playcall was and dinking and dunking.

We hurt the overall growth potential of the offense and Fields development to.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still don’t get this thing about Foles getting to decide whether or not he’s traded without a no-trade clause in his contract.
Without that, he's not here with his renegotiated contract. This is on Nagy and Pace willing to accommodate him.