My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The trade made some sense.

But it was a huge risk.

It has officially blown up in their faces.

When you make a risky play, even one that makes sense, you still have to deal with the consequences of it.
Agree 100% and we're dealing with that mistake now. Lets just hope we can get rid of him and if we can't then we'll work around it. We have our future now because of Pace.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but did i just see you use a SportsMockery article to try and say Pace was on the hot seat in 2020? Hahaha. That's the site you've always clowned for being a bunch of idiots and click bait right?

Rumors are just that, rumors. This is just writers making shit up with no reliable source which i'm sure you know and they did also use a ? in their titles. But hey you were right that there was a rumor that Pace was on the hot seat, the problem is he did go 8-8 again (which the article said he couldn't do) and he still kept his job which just goes to show that those rumors were nothing more than rumors.

#SportsMockery....:parrot:
Okay Erik Lambert chill out

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
The contract was worse that Jax gave him before we got him and we made it better when we had it restructured with the trade.

This is the most important part.

Pace restructured his 20 mil guaranteed so you could be done with him by now. I wanted to ultimately give Pace the benefit of the doubt because they signed Quinn and hopefully--in talks with Robinson about an extension. There's no need to point out what then actually happened with Robinson leading up to where we are today.

The plan was to tag him all along. So what was the point of Pace restructuring Foles to get the extra cap that he never used?

This is one of many Ryan Pace's self-inflicted blunders, and as a result, he has the most expensive QB3 in the league that he can't get rid of because he had to spread out a hit he could have paid off--and teams know it which is why he's still a bear. No more, no less.

You hate to see an injury, but as some have mentioned prior that if someone gets injured causing the bears to get lucky, the deal is probably eating a chunk of his 6.66 mil to get 2-3 mil in savings for a conditional/straight 7th.

And you take it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm not saying it didn't turn out bad ... i've always made it very clear how i hate trading away draft picks but i'm not gonna get that mad about a 4th round comp pick as much as i'd get mad about if it was any of our normal picks. It's still a draft pick and i value even 4th round picks but it's a comp pick ...
So your aren't bothered about giving up pick 140 because it was compensatory, but you would have been mad at surrendering the number 233 pick because it was a "normal" pick?

Not sure you understand how the draft works.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are definitely going to have the package a pic to get rid of the Nick Foles’ contract. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind getting rid of Dalton and keeping Foles. In one scenario we lose a late round pick and get rid of a bad quarterback and the other we gain a late round pick and get rid of a bad quarterback.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
They are definitely going to have the package a pic to get rid of the Nick Foles’ contract. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind getting rid of Dalton and keeping Foles. In one scenario we lose a late round pick and get rid of a bad quarterback and the other we gain a late round pick and get rid of a bad quarterback.

I’d rather keep Dalton over Foles. Dalton is a better QB and is at least building a relationship with Fields right now. Pace made a mistake with Foles and now has to deal with it if he can’t find a trade partner.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suspect that Pace deferred to his coaches on that one. Dalton is definitely the better choice for us. It's not like he's especially mobile but you don't have to design the O for no movement and mini arm punts.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but did i just see you use a SportsMockery article to try and say Pace was on the hot seat in 2020? Hahaha. That's the site you've always clowned for being a bunch of idiots and click bait right?

Rumors are just that, rumors. This is just writers making shit up with no reliable source which i'm sure you know and they did also use a ? in their titles. But hey you were right that there was a rumor that Pace was on the hot seat, the problem is he did go 8-8 again (which the article said he couldn't do) and he still kept his job which just goes to show that those rumors were nothing more than rumors.

#SportsMockery....:parrot:
He quotes long time SI Jim Trotter

You asked for rumors that Pace was on the hot seat..z there they are.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I’d rather keep Dalton over Foles. Dalton is a better QB and is at least building a relationship with Fields right now. Pace made a mistake with Foles and now has to deal with it if he can’t find a trade partner.
I'd like to hear an argument on how Dalton is better than Foles. I don't think you can make one objectively.

They both have nearly identical career regular season passer ratings, but Dalton and Foles couldn't be more polar opposite quarterbacks in the post-season. One is 0-4 with a rating of 57.8 (!) and the other is 4-2 with a rating of 98.8, including a Superbowl MVP.

If they are virtually on par with each other in the regular season, but one is vastly superior in the playoffs, and has proven it on the biggest stage, how can anyone honestly say the other guy is better? It doesn't make any sense.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd like to hear an argument on how Dalton is better than Foles. I don't think you can make one objectively.

They both have nearly identical career regular season passer ratings, but Dalton and Foles couldn't be more polar opposite quarterbacks in the post-season. One is 0-4 with a rating of 57.8 (!) and the other is 4-2 with a rating of 98.8, including a Superbowl MVP.

If they are virtually on par with each other in the regular season, but one is vastly superior in the playoffs, and has proven it on the biggest stage, how can anyone honestly say the other guy is better? It doesn't make any sense.
Neither will see the playoffs so i don't see why your obsessive defense of playoff Nick matters.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

We watched Nick Foles last season. All the Philly stats aside, he has sucked balls everywhere else.

He has also never sustained that play for more than a short run of games.

In fact because of injury or incompetence he has never started 16 games in a season.

Dalton isn’t good. But Non Philly Foles is a bad.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are both back up quarterback who have both had chances to be starters and proved the are not good enough. Dalton has been in a lot better position to succeed.

As far as which one is better for the development of Justin. I would lean on Nick, He is comfortable with the position of back up quarterback who has proven to be able to come into an emergency situation and win games. He also knows often is better than Dalton. But strictly as open develop someone I want to rely on the QB coach, the offensive coordinator, and the head coach all more than the back up quarterback.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really think he just gets cut or as somebody else suggested placed on IR. either way he shouldn’t be taking off the roster spot but we’re not gonna dump his salary . If we were to trade him we would have to package of fifth round pick in exchange for seventh round pick.

So the question is do we want to sacrifice future picks for immediate cap Space? I don’t think so.