Niners Forum-Bears have no chance whatsoever.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It amazes me how football fans of nearly any team generally tend to over-state their team's strengths and understate their team's weaknesses. That trend couldn't be more apparent when reading one of the 49ers forums. They are pretty confident about their team and the talent differential between the two. As Shaun Gayle once asked about playing the Eagles said, "I guess we shouldn't bother even showing up".

I'm looking forward to a week from now.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I also think the Bears cover week 1.

Reactions: DC

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weapons? 49ers
Defense? 49ers
O Line? 49ers
Coaching? 49ers

QB? TBD. This and "Any given Sunday" are really the only reasons I can point to right now and reasonably expect the Bears to win. I'm not writing anything off, but the likelihood of a Bears win doesn't seem high.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It amazes me how football fans of nearly any team generally tend to over-state their team's strengths and understate their team's weaknesses. That trend couldn't be more apparent when reading one of the 49ers forums. They are pretty confident about their team and the talent differential between the two. As Shaun Gayle once asked about playing the Eagles said, "I guess we shouldn't bother even showing up".

Thanks for linking. If the Bears pull it out, it’ll be entertaining to go over, and read through the dick ripping.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Weapons? 49ers
Defense? 49ers
O Line? 49ers
Coaching? 49ers

QB? TBD. This and "Any given Sunday" are really the only reasons I can point to right now and reasonably expect the Bears to win. I'm not writing anything off, but the likelihood of a Bears win doesn't seem high.
QB?

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It amazes me how football fans of nearly any team generally tend to over-state their team's strengths and understate their team's weaknesses.

Are you feeling confident the Bears might be better than thought? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it'll be a good game. In order to win we probably have to win the turnover battle. Not necessarily a pick-six, but say 3 ints/fumbles to 1 int/fumble. We can win. First game though rolling this all out? We probably lose, but any given Sunday. I think it'll be a good game.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you look at our team, we have a lot of role players and one of our top 5 players is an aging Talent in Quinn. Jackson has a bounce back year, Quinn still balls out. Gipson shows he can be a starter replacing Mack, Brisker proves he is the steal he claims he is, Defense can be a top 10 defense. Offensive line, 3 unproven players and Patrick and Whitehair are just kind of average starters. Can Kmet have a great year, is there a guy outside of Mooney that looks like a threat? (You kind of hope Jones Jr, can be that guy and/or St. Brown since he is the starter.)

To the world looking on the outside. The Bears have too many question marks and the 49ers Beat the Packers where the Bears with a more talented team last year (on paper) didn't come close to doing so. They were also close to the superbowl last year. Of course they think the Bears have no shot. I think this game will be much closer than they do, and I even have the Bears winning, honestly, but this can easily go their way if we have another Kaepernick situation... if you all remember QB's first start and he torched the Bears.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

They must know nothing about the HITS philosophy that they are about to be educated on and obviously didn't pay attention to preseason where we went undefeated, even beating Patrick Mahomes' led Chiefs. I also expect an historic performance by Justin Fields who wasn't even a consideration for Kyle Shanahan at QB when he selected Lance. My only concern is the new grass. Justin likes the to use the s**** field conditions to his advantage, but not sure what to expect with this new stuff they are laying down.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Best way to win is to win the turnover battle and time of possession. Gotta hope our OL comes up ready to battle this one out to the end, because I think we can put together a running attack and opportunistic passing game to make it interesting.

What I am worried about most is our defense. The 49ers seem ready to outperform us in every phase of the game. I just hope we can get a turnover or two in the first half and try and get a lead on Lance.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
but really, I can't blame any fanbase for overlooking us considering the s***storm the media has thrown our way. Every publication has us picking top 5 in the draft next year, if not the worse team in the league. We are the most attractive bet in Vegas to win under 6.5 games.

In reality, while we aren't going to contend for the Superbowl, we are definitely building a good foundation and have some potential breakout players on our roster. According to all reports, Justin has looked to have taken some positive steps in development this offseason. Guys like Kmet, Mooney, Monty are all chomping on the bit to prove their worth.

Meanwhile Lance for the 49ers brings in many unknowns. And despite how bad he plays, I doubt there is any scenario where Jimmy plays at QB in week 1. They are going to throw Trey Lance in the fire for at least a few weeks and see how he does before Jimmy is even a consideration. But while reports on Justin have been overall positive this offseason, Lance is very much a mixed bag. So, if I was a 49er fan, I would wait and see how he performs before spewing how great your team is.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Trey Lance would have to turn the ball over like crazy, and Fields would have to be nearly flawless for the Bears to have a chance in this game. The difference in talent between the two teams is massive. The Bears have almost no margin for error.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Best way to win is to win the turnover battle and time of possession. Gotta hope our OL comes up ready to battle this one out to the end, because I think we can put together a running attack and opportunistic passing game to make it interesting.

What I am worried about most is our defense. The 49ers seem ready to outperform us in every phase of the game. I just hope we can get a turnover or two in the first half and try and get a lead on Lance.

well played sir!

if the bears do get great field position via turnover, they need to make it count and cash in. Football is an emotional game. The TD will get the guys fired up and the fans become loud.

the nagy offense could do nothing inside the red zone . . .

Speed

Liked Posts:
I don't see any reason for them not to be confident. Only question mark is if Lance can deliver, but on paper they're a team that can go all the way.