Nintendo Switch

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone have it? I have a stupid question. From my understanding it's a handheld device. I don't want that. We have enough small, handheld devices in our life right now. Can you plug it into your TV? I'm simply trying to play it on a TV like normal. I've read that there is quite a vault of the old games you can buy online for it.

We currently have an old Wii which is no longer supported and the disc drive is broken. I have Zelda, original Techmo Bowl and a couple of other fun games but I'm looking to give my boys the old NES history through the switch. Would you all reccomend it?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Anyone have it? I have a stupid question. From my understanding it's a handheld device. I don't want that. We have enough small, handheld devices in our life right now. Can you plug it into your TV? I'm simply trying to play it on a TV like normal. I've read that there is quite a vault of the old games you can buy online for it.

We currently have an old Wii which is no longer supported and the disc drive is broken. I have Zelda, original Techmo Bowl and a couple of other fun games but I'm looking to give my boys the old NES history through the switch. Would you all reccomend it?
Just don't buy the Switch Lite.
You can put it in a dock and play on the TV with the little joy cons. Or you can purchase a larger controller.

My son has had one for two years. He loves it. And we play on the TV all the time.

Therr is a ton of content in the Nintendo E store. It's a great console.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a couple of dozen games I'd want right off the top but it doesn't appear the E Store carries Tecmo Super Bowl which is the holy grail of games on that unit. Revolutionary. May have to blow my load at DK Oldies. That is a badass website.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
There's a couple of dozen games I'd want right off the top but it doesn't appear the E Store carries Tecmo Super Bowl which is the holy grail of games on that unit. Revolutionary. May have to blow my load at DK Oldies. That is a badass website.

There is a machine that you can buy that will play all of the old games across the different consoles from one machine.

I cannot remember the name of it but a friend has one, I will have to ask him about it.

Reactions: DC

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tecmo Super Bowl which is the holy grail of games on that unit.

giphy.gif

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Once a buddy borrowed my Nintendo and had it for a little while and challenged me to a game of TSB. I hadn't played in years. I utterly destroyed him.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Get a SNES Classic with the patched loader and add all the SNES and NES games you want to play. Homebrews of course. *wink*

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Switch is great. I love it.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
My wife asked for one for her birthday - which is a surprise because she doesn't play vidya at all. Got her the animal crossing one. She plays Animal Crossing and Luigis Mansion as a handheld, but then hooks it up to the TV to play the Dance game (forget what its called).

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

This is what my buddy uses to play all of the old nintendo games.

He said that he had to get a ROM pack as well for it that he got on ebay that was a sim he plugged in with the ROMS on it and he had to get any random old cartridge for the ROMS to work.

Kinda a few hoops to jump through for sure, but he can play any game that is sega NES SNES gameboy.

• Love