No Center? Available Options or is Cody really the plan?

greg23

Liked Posts:
They liked Doug Kramer a lot before he got hurt. My guess is they still do.
Why do people mention this guy and deiter.....its like they don't watch them play.

Dieter is awful, a questionable backup

Kramer looked like mustipher 2.0....small and easily pushed around

Deiter shouldn't be on the roster
Kramer is a practice squad guy at best

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why do people mention this guy and deiter.....its like they don't watch them play.

Here let me put it to you like this. I watched Justin Fields play and he is trash and yet he's still here because the Bears see something in him. Perhaps ability as a runner.

Doug Kramer is trash but they like him anyway.

But yes it's Whitehair or bad snap. Enjoy the turnovers.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Here let me put it to you like this. I watched Justin Fields play and he is trash and yet he's still here because the Bears see something in him. Perhaps ability as a runner.

Doug Kramer is trash but they like him anyway.

But yes it's Whitehair or bad snap. Enjoy the turnovers.
I read articles by Daniel and he is trash and yet he's still here because the CCS see something in him. Perhaps ability for stupid clicks?

Back to topic. I'm fine with whitehair and Patrick so far but not unhappy if they signed a cutted guy later.
How did the process went on with Whitehair last time? Wasn't he move in training camp to Center? Maybe he has now the necessary time to working on his snapping quality.

Whitehair with good snapping = my prefer option

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
It’s the first true off season. Did you think we’d solve every position this season? We are building a legit roster. Give it time. We have viable options at center. Don’t draft that position if it isn’t in our future plans I’m very happy with our core talent. Wait until next season to get edge rushers and center. We are building a foundation. Don’t get too confused with thinking we are a finished product. Judge this roster after next season. That’s when we should be competing.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Wait, I was told the Bears were going to draft Tippmann. What happened? HeHateMe guaranteed he would slide to the 50's.
Give it time. Wait until next season to get edge rushers and center. Judge this roster after next season. That’s when we should be competing.
Oh, so the Bears are "tanking" again? Got it.

I see Bears fans are busy laying the groundwork for the excuses when the losses start piling up.

Same crap from this pathetic fan base for decades now.

Too fucking funny!

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Wait, I was told the Bears were going to draft Tippmann. What happened? HeHateMe guaranteed he would slide to the 50's.

Oh, so the Bears are "tanking" again? Got it.

I see Bears fans are busy laying the groundwork for the excuses when the losses start piling up.

Same crap from this pathetic fan base for decades now.

Too fucking funny!

Ahh, yeah, right. You're a better fan because you're fortunate enough to have lucked into back to back hall of fame quarterbacks. Well I'm old enough to remember when the Packers were a laughing stock for two fucking decades. Like, a 4 winning seasons in 20 years laughing stock. What's pathetic is that you come here to try to troll Bears fans for some sad reason.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
What's pathetic is that you come here to try to troll Bears fans for some sad reason.
So, you feel this should be a safe haven for Bears fans to spew whatever bullshit and lies they want & no one should ever question any of it. You obviously feel the proper course of action is crying openly and saying those questioning any of the BS are "trolls."

This thread is about not addressing center in the draft. I was wondering why the Bears didn't draft Tippmann like some here guaranteed they would.

Also asked if the Bears are still "tanking"? Now like EVERY year we are hearing "wait until next year" when in early April Bears fans had a parade for winning the offseason.

So are the Bears still "tanking" or not? Just want it to be clear because the narratives for the Bears change a lot around here

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm more puzzled by the lack of another tackle to groom. Is Borom really going to be the swing tackle?

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe.

I think for a lot of us, Cody had such a rough time at guard last season that we are all sort of ready to move on from him.
He was dinged and could have sat instead. Still better with him out there than a backup so he toughed it out. That said, he's racking up dings at his age but if he stays relatively healthy this should work out. My only issue is if he can spiral a shotgun.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Dieter was sooo disappointing when he finally got his shot. Was a nice story about a stout player until you opened that book. Hopefully he'll get better but...

Kramer is a backup at best.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So, you feel this should be a safe haven for Bears fans to spew whatever bullshit and lies they want & no one should ever question any of it. You obviously feel the proper course of action is crying openly and saying those questioning any of the BS are "trolls."

This thread is about not addressing center in the draft. I was wondering why the Bears didn't draft Tippmann like some here guaranteed they would.

Also asked if the Bears are still "tanking"? Now like EVERY year we are hearing "wait until next year" when in early April Bears fans had a parade for winning the offseason.

So are the Bears still "tanking" or not? Just want it to be clear because the narratives for the Bears change a lot around here
Curious, I assume you go to a Packers message board, is there an equally loser Bears version of you there? Maybe MJY or db70?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I realize you’re not too bright, but they didn’t draft Tippmann because he didn’t fall to them and I doubt they would have traded up for a center.

They were true to their board and didn’t make any panic moves.

I’m pretty sure they would have taken Stromberg or Scruggs at 4.1, but once they were gone, they traded out and added a 5th.

I hope you enjoy the Jordan Love era because he really sucks. He was bad at Utah State and he’ll be much worse as a pro. Sean Clifford is up next!

Have fun! Imagine you burned 31 years with a hall of Fame QB at the helm and have only two titles to show for it. Think of all the times your guy Rodgers was drubbed in the playoffs by inferior teams and QBs. Amazing!

The fact you correlate your team’s performance with the quality of your football knowledge and fan base, solidifies your slot as one of the dumbest posters on this board. Again, congratulations!

Now fuck right off back to Dairyland.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Now fuck right off back to Dairyland.
Yet another little keyboard warrior. Save your thumb wrestling and tough guy act for the rest of your rubber knife gang here.

I put little kids like you on ignore. No time for a little kid hiding behind a screen talking tough.

I will pray that you mature and get out of the basement apt.

Buh bye now...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yet another little keyboard warrior. Save your thumb wrestling and tough guy act for the rest of your rubber knife gang here.

I put little kids like you on ignore. No time for a little kid hiding behind a screen talking tough.

I will pray that you mature and get out of the basement apt.

Buh bye now...
I see you’re attacking the messenger and not the message.

Now fuck right off and maybe spend the day working on getting that waist down to a 40.

You’ll feel better!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm more puzzles by the lack of another tackle to groom. Is Borom really going to be the swing tackle?
They have Borom, Leatherwood and Diesch at T. All 24 or younger. Probably want to see how those guys progress.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
They have Borom, Leatherwood and Diesch at T. All 24 or younger. Probably want to see how those guys progress.
That's fine but i'm referring to how that's much bigger question mark than two vets who have played a lot of snaps at center before. At least this year, center isn't much of a concern to me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's fine but i'm referring to how that's much bigger question mark than two vets who have played a lot of snaps at center before. At least this year, center isn't much of a concern to me.

If they were starters sure but those guys are fine as backups IMO. Borom was never as bad as Bears fans make him out to be and again had better pass block grades than McGlinchey and McGary. Both are just much better run blockers than Borom.

Last edited:

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
Excited to see Whitehair back at Center. He has been one of the anchors of our O-line for years and played some of the best Center the team has seen since Kreutz. Looking forward to the O-line bringing nastiness back onto the field.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
I don't consider it a win when you move on from one bad center to a worse center to go back to your bad center. That whole deal is what convinced me that we needed a real center who can play center from the draft. It's a more specialized position that not any DB can fill.

Well if we're fixing center in a draft, next year won't be the time to move on from Whitehair. He'll need to play out his contract to start while the rookie learns.

And I don't hate Whitehair. I just don't want him at center. I do think his pay is ridiculous but it's not my money.
If you cut Whitehair, you do that after June 1st, because cap savings are substantially more at that time

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you cut Whitehair, you do that after June 1st, because cap savings are substantially more at that time
Unless you can improve on him for $4.8m, you only lose by cutting him