No Mitch Homer Can Say "I Told You So" Unless

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
so when it starts on the opposition 20 yard line, that's the same as starting on your own five and driving the distance? LOL. truly. People gave me shit about cutler, and look at you.

BTW, what happened in game 1 with no turnovers? 3 points, that's it. yeah, a drive is a drive, bullshit.

You are being ridiculous.

It scores the same. It counts the same as TD totals. What's the stretch for criticism here?

Should there be points added for longer drives with the greatest amount of points for 99 yards?

Should QBs get extra rating points for length of drives sustained? Should they get subtracted if the defense or ST sets them up by forcing turnovers?

You should just let this go. You won't, I know, but you should.

Asswipe Johnson

Liked Posts:
so when it starts on the opposition 20 yard line, that's the same as starting on your own five and driving the distance? LOL. truly. People gave me shit about cutler, and look at you.

BTW, what happened in game 1 with no turnovers? 3 points, that's it. yeah, a drive is a drive, bullshit.

Are you for real? Of course I don't think a 20 yard drive is the same as marching the length of the field, nor did I suggest that. You stated, as evidence that Mitch sucks, that he only converted on one drive that he "started on his own". I simply pointed out what is obvious to most people, that how the drive started is not relevant. By your logic, a 99 yard drive that started on a turnover isn't useful for evaluating the QB, or at the very least, does not belong in the "pros" column. That's asinine.

You: "one drive that he started on his own for a score. One. so, no, he wasn't good. "

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
he did a good job? er, no he didn't. he managed what the Defense gave him. plain and simple. for you to state he did a good job is just wrong in so many ways. he had one drive he scored on as a normal turnover from the other team. One, seven points!!!! The D got the first seven, Then came the one drive, and then the D gave him a short field to make it twenty one. With one more turnover drive. And following the goal line interception, nagy took his throwing rights away. Funny, someone doing good doesn't have throwing rights stopped. Fk, again, this isn't Mitch's fault, he simply isn't a second round pick. Plain and simple. Please stop trying to fit him into an elite QB model. He isn't that guy. Nagy restricting his throws to dinks and dunking, is confirmation of that.

You might be the worst poster on this forum. That's saying a lot.

jc456

Liked Posts:
You are being ridiculous.

It scores the same. It counts the same as TD totals. What's the stretch for criticism here?

Should there be points added for longer drives with the greatest amount of points for 99 yards?

Should QBs get extra rating points for length of drives sustained? Should they get subtracted if the defense or ST sets them up by forcing turnovers?

You should just let this go. You won't, I know, but you should.
it's seven when a touchdown is scored and three on a field goal. why would it be different? What's different is the field length, the opposition 10 yard line drive is not the same as a drive from your own five yard line. Even the momentum of the game is different after a turnover. just is. I give two shits your smart ass comments. truly, you can eat em.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What's different is the field length, the opposition 10 yard line drive is not the same as a drive from your own five yard line. Even the momentum of the game is different after a turnover. just is. .

All true yet what does that have to do with evaluating a QB's performance? Nothing.

You still fail to explain why a QB who inherits these positions (short field, momentum after turnover) and throws TDs after the fact is not doing a good job because he inherited short field and turnovers?

I expect more twisting and turning here. I wonder if the caf has pretzels ... tastier than my own smart ass comments I am sure but luckily, I need not eat those yet based on the dumbass flow of this thread.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seems like a silly argument. The expected points changes based on down and distance. There is also clear evidence that winning the TO battle improves chancea of victory.

So it is obvious the TOs helped Trubs. It is also obvious that Trubs still had to go out and make plays to generate points as some of the TOs were on Chicago's side of field.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He said Mitch didn't do a good job because he inherited shorter field and more opportunities than naturally arise in a game free of TO.

His reasoning is flawed and while I hold out no hope for him admitting such, it is important to post this way. How else do we ever learn?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He said Mitch didn't do a good job because he inherited shorter field and more opportunities than naturally arise in a game free of TO.

His reasoning is flawed and while I hold out no hope for him admitting such, it is important to post this way. How else do we ever learn?

He did what you would expect in a game were you are +4 in TO margin. His passer rating is actually the worst of any QB that faced the skins.

If you want to say he was good that is fair. If JC wants to say he wasnt good but simply took what the Bears and Skins D gave him think that is also fair. Think it is entirely subjective.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He did what you would expect in a game were you are +4 in TO margin. His passer rating is actually the worst of any QB that faced the skins.

If you want to say he was good that is fair. If JC wants to say he wasnt good but simply took what the Bears and Skins D gave him think that is also fair. Think it is entirely subjective.

Well I would not get down an a 116 rating no matter the opponent.

Most QBs not super elite "take what the D gives them" week in and week out. I fthat is the bar for what makes a preformance "not good" then there is literally only 2-5 QBs any given Sunday who are any "good" ever. I am not sure that is a fair position. Not sure that is entirely subjective either.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well I would not get down an a 116 rating no matter the opponent.

Most QBs not super elite "take what the D gives them" week in and week out. I fthat is the bar for what makes a preformance "not good" then there is literally only 2-5 QBs any given Sunday who are any "good" ever. I am not sure that is a fair position. Not sure that is entirely subjective either.

No one is getting down on him. If over the course of the entire season, the average passer rating against the Redskins is 120 then Trubisky's 116 would actually be slightly below average relative to his peers that faced the Skins. Now I fully expect that the passer rating against the Skins comes down but as it stands right now, we don't have a full season's worth of data to evaluate his performance. All we can say is that it was a good performance if judged by average passer rating across all opponents but it was an average or below average performance if judged by average passer rating against the Redskins this year.

So the subjectivity comes in which of the above is your chosen way to measure. Until we can assess how terrible the Skins D is with a full season's data as well as look at how teams score when they dominate the turnover margin, it is fair game for you to believe what you want and for JC to believe what he wants as there are competing data points to support both of your arguments.

jc456

Liked Posts:
All true yet what does that have to do with evaluating a QB's performance? Nothing.

You still fail to explain why a QB who inherits these positions (short field, momentum after turnover) and throws TDs after the fact is not doing a good job because he inherited short field and turnovers?

I expect more twisting and turning here. I wonder if the caf has pretzels ... tastier than my own smart ass comments I am sure but luckily, I need not eat those yet based on the dumbass flow of this thread.
ever hear of the word momentum? having momentum after a takeaway is monumental. Most coaches strike fast when in the opposition's end after a takeaway. They do that because big bad momentum just climbed on board his train. Kicker puts a ball on your own five, puts momentum on the defense, the plays called are less aggressive. Those are just facts.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is it bashing Trubs to say he did as expected for a QB against a terrible D and who had the benefit of 5 TOs?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It was really 4 TO's. Had the Redskins fallen on the fumble on the QB sneak, it was short of the line to gain anyway. They were not getting the first down so a turnover on downs is not a true turnover.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not bashing him, I merely asked why he regressed from 2018

Watch the all-22, it's pretty clear that it's a combination of everything.

• OL has been terrible between blowing assignments and getting walked back into the pocket preventing him from stepping up into throws. (Seriously watch the all-22 from Washington and focus solely on Kyle Long)
  • TE's have been completely useless whiffing on blocks and non-existent in the passing game.
  • Poor effort by in the passing game from guys like Cohen and Miller trying to make one handed catches instead of going up with 2 hands.
  • Nagy getting too cute with his playcalls, ignoring the run game, and not playing to Mitch's strengths.
Personally, I don't get all this angst over Mitch's performance thus far. If everyone else on offense was executing perfectly and Mitch was out there absolutely shitting the bed I could understand all the whining. But literally everyone with the exception of ARob is under performing on offense. Nagy included.

Does Mitch need to play better? Absolutely. But let's not act like he's Jamarcus Russell now. Everyone just needs to fucking relax and let them work thru the kinks. Once the OL stops sucking and Nagy pulls his head out of his ass and realizes Montgomery needs to be getting 20+ touches a game to open up the play action game deep I'm confident Mitch's play will improve dramatically.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

• OL has been terrible between blowing assignments and getting walked back into the pocket preventing him from stepping up into throws. (Seriously watch the all-22 from Washington and focus solely on Kyle Long)
  • TE's have been completely useless whiffing on blocks and non-existent in the passing game.
  • Poor effort by in the passing game from guys like Cohen and Miller trying to make one handed catches instead of going up with 2 hands.
  • Nagy getting too cute with his playcalls, ignoring the run game, and not playing to Mitch's strengths.
Personally, I don't get all this angst over Mitch's performance thus far. If everyone else on offense was executing perfectly and Mitch was out there absolutely shitting the bed I could understand all the whining. But literally everyone with the exception of ARob is under performing on offense. Nagy included.

Does Mitch need to play better? Absolutely. But let's not act like he's Jamarcus Russell now. Everyone just needs to fucking relax and let them work thru the kinks. Once the OL stops sucking and Nagy pulls his head out of his ass and realizes Montgomery needs to be getting 20+ touches a game to open up the play action game deep I'm confident Mitch's play will improve dramatically.

If guys look at the all 22, they won’t be able to kick their feet and scream Mitch sucks. What fun is that?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not bashing him, I merely asked why he regressed from 2018

No man. You said far more than he has regressed here. You are all over everyone who is giving credit to Mitch for a good game and using faulty logic to justify your interpretation of a game in which he was as you literally said "not good" BECAUSE the defense was getting turnovers shortening the field and providing more drives than normal. That is not a negative on the QB. That's just illogical.

Now if your overall point is that Mitch cannot play like that without turnovers consistently week in and week out against average to above average NFL defenses, we are in TOTAL agreement. I have little to no faith in that scenario.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I can't watch all-22 so I have to bow out of an opinion here. Let's say what you say is all true. I would not blame Mitch for not elevating his team around him a la Rodgers. Not being A. Rodgers is not a fair criticism at all. If what you say is true, it almost seems WORSE than Mitch being an inconsistent "bust lite" (Russell and Leaf comps are ridiculous).

It would mean Nagy is losing his touch at playcalling and unable to coach his blockers into proficient NFL play.

THAT is my worst fear. Nagy flames out as a HC and we go back to the drawing board all over again in the middle of a championship window for the D