No Mitch Homer Can Say "I Told You So" Unless

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I am of the opinion Mitch will have a couple good games throughout the year this year. No one could say "I told you so" if he does well tonight ...

BUT for the year as a whole, I expect the same old same old: inconsistency and a year where- no matter if we make the playoffs or not - it will become firmly apparent we are weakest at QB. And we will be looking seriously at whether or not to even extend Mitch or who else might be available. My fears will turn real imo.

BUT what if I'm wrong? What if Mitch starts his Brees-like career tonight? I'd never be happier to be wrong and eat crow for the rest of my days with a smile and an Oliver-like twist at asking for more crow.

But see, it wouldn't surprise me if I am right while simultaneously he does well tonight vs. the Skins.

So, I suggest no one gets to say "I told you so"unless they are willing to man up, balls-to-the-wall post in this thread here and now before the WASH game that Mitch is poised to make his Brees-like ascendance to immortality. I see many here who seem to believe it, but I wonder how many will post and claim it outright before any good tape on him this year even exists yet.

If you post it today and he flips a fricking switch and keeps it on to the level of top 10 QB play for 2018 (even willing to say top 10 from Week 3 onward and spot you the first two games as anomalies!)

, you would gain SERIOUS CCS cred in my book - and many others I am sure. It would be a byline worthy to be added to a CCS HOF resume in my eyes (and yes I am a voter lol).

Downside is the crow thing. If it doesn't happen it would not be me facing crow, it would be you.

Pray to your gods for wisdom and guidance.

Make yourself 3 sacrifices of your enemies: a stuffed lion, a History Channel Vikings Season 4 DVD, and the hair net of a meat packer for strength of conviction. And call it officially here and now before the Monday night Redskins game. May your gods be more powerful than my atheism.

Amen.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
240 and 1 TD. That’s been my prediction all week.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I don't wanna turn the board into "us vs them" because we are all Bears fans and division ruined the Y! Board 10 years ago.

But if anyone gives me shit, they shall be reminded of their 4,200 yard 30 TD season WHICH I SAID EMPHATICALLY IS NOT HAPPENING...LOL.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't wanna turn the board into "us vs them" because we are all Bears fans and division ruined the Y! Board 10 years ago.

But if anyone gives me shit, they shall be reminded of their 4,200 yard 30 TD season WHICH I SAID EMPHATICALLY IS NOT HAPPENING...LOL.
It doesn’t matter what Mitch does or what anyone what said, or even what the topic of any particular thread is. You and Bearmick will turn it into a bash Trubisky thread.

Even if he plays poorly and deserves criticism, every topic doesn’t need to turn into “badh Trubisky”.

But that’s what you do.

And unless everyone agrees with you, you do want to turn it into us vs them.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
After watching games around the league this weekend, I'm not sure I will be happy unless Mitch turns into a top ten QB that is able to cut up defenses with surgical accuracy like I saw from Tom Brady....

I don't think he will ever be at Mahomes current level.

I think we will beat a couple of teams that we are supposed to beat, because Trubisky finds a rhythm, but I'm not sure we can win against the best teams in the league because of Trubisky.

Sad but True, and it is only on a rare occasion that a team carries the QB to a Superbowl. It does happen, but typically a QB and the offense must be capable of beating the best defenses, and I don't see that.

I do think Mitch could have a good game tonight, but even if he does it really does not change anything.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it's a primetime game. I don't expect Trubs to do well. I don't trust Nagy(tries to get too cute) and Trubs on primetime. Was there a primetime game last year that the Bears offense won? I seem to recall only the defenses showing up on primetime

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offense hasn't done anything yet to make me expect a break-out game, and Washington is not as much of a push over as some experts are saying.

Still anything is possible including measureable improvement. My guess is the Bears will give people a lot to talk about, positive and negative.

But unsurprisingly the board will be full of anti Trubisky threads boldly laying down a challenge to all the pro Trubisky posters who don't actually exist.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hope Mitch has another 6 TD game, but until he can consistently put up points and look like a legit NFL QB then nobody can say "told you so"

250 yards, 1 TD/INT

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe if people didn't spend every moment that they're on this forum whining about one player, there would never be a need for an "I told you so". This place could just be intelligent and objective Chicago Bears fans discussing football like gentlemen.

LOLOLOLOL

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
I couldn’t agree more.

I would love to have a dominant QB under center, no question. That being said, the two SB’s that the giants won with Eli Manning under center, were won with average QB play almost all season long (and a few lucky bounces of the ball) a dominant defense, staying healthy and getting hot at the right time. If that is our route to the SB I can still thoroughly enjoy this season.

I think Trubs will slowly improve and will be a middle of the road QB. 11-15. I will hope for more but I am ok with that.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
It doesn’t matter what Mitch does or what anyone what said, or even what the topic of any particular thread is. You and Bearmick will turn it into a bash Trubisky thread.

Even if he plays poorly and deserves criticism, every topic doesn’t need to turn into “badh Trubisky”.

But that’s what you do.

And unless everyone agrees with you, you do want to turn it into us vs them.

images

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I said before the season that I won't judge him on the 1st few games, good or bad. Seems the haters are all about the 'I told you so' at the moment so don't really understand the point of the OP.

I just don't get all this needing to be right shit. Just evaluate what's going on and comment on the actual football. Right now, it's not good. I certainly hope it gets a lot better and we see growth like last year. If not, reload.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe if people didn't spend every moment that they're on this forum whining about one player, there would never be a need for an "I told you so". This place could just be intelligent and objective Chicago Bears fans discussing football like gentlemen.

LOLOLOLOL

Replace "whining" with "defending" and your point literally works both ways.

It's just the nature of this game. Always has been.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I said before the season that I won't judge him on the 1st few games, good or bad. Seems the haters are all about the 'I told you so' at the moment so don't really understand the point of the OP.

I just don't get all this needing to be right shit. Just evaluate what's going on and comment on the actual football. Right now, it's not good. I certainly hope it gets a lot better and we see growth like last year. If not, reload.

Point of the OP is this is where the "haters" have their peak (and hopefully it is only the peak) and where the "homers" are at their quietest. I am honestly wondering how many there are and if they truly have faith that Mitch has elite game and will bring it out and step up and become THE guy in CHI.

Thought that was obvious though.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Even though for weeks I've seen this as s classic "trap game" I think Mitchell has a BOUNCE BACK performance with TDs and 100s of passing yards tonight.

I won't PM you for the avatar until I HAVE TO (3 or more running or passing TDs screw yards).

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
My lord the QB cunting on this board gets exhausting. A few guys hate the QB pick from the start and try to show how smart they are by bashing said QB (whether it’s Cutler or Trubs). The rest of us are hopeful that our beloved Bears have FINALLY found a good to great QB. Some hold out hope longer than others, trying to be positive as if wanting it to happen and having positive thoughts will make it so, all the while the smart guys feel the need to let everyone know how smart they really are and how stupid and lame the others are for still believing. In the end the story is the same. The fuckers up North get back to back HOFers, the beloved can’t pick a QB to save their lives, and the “smart guys” are still smarmy dicks.

I still have hope, belief? proof? stats? Nope, all I have is hope and blind loyalty to a team I love but never fails to disappoint me.