No Surprise: Matt Nagy Announces No Changes to Playcalling for Chicago Bears

Stephen_Roto

CCS Podcast Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tell me if you've heard this before "everything is on the table" to get things going for the Bears. Seriously...how many times can Nagy say this before just admitting the problem is his playcalling? Sounds like we may hear more on Wednesday but not getting my hopes up.

Rise

Liked Posts:
We won’t hear anything on Wednesday of value because he will say that’s “scheme” and won’t talk about it. Guarantee he isn’t giving up play calling yet. The only news that will matter is who is taking the snaps with the 1s at practice.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
battle-ship-sink.gif

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Nagy should've gave the Opposite George Costanza speech..
" It became very clear to me sitting out there today, that every decision I've ever made, in my entire life, has been wrong. My life is the opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have, in every aspect of life, be it something to wear, something to eat... It's all been wrong."

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Last season
Tell me if you've heard this before "everything is on the table" to get things going for the Bears. Seriously...how many times can Nagy say this before just admitting the problem is his playcalling? Sounds like we may hear more on Wednesday but not getting my hopes up.

Last season after the Tennessee loss:

"Yeah there's no doubt about it. There's a lot of stuff when you watch the film that you will see that you just understand that it's gotta be better. It's frustrating for everybody and that's completely understandable, and so what we need to do is make sure these coaches, these players all understand that we can't have this. And I know it has been most of the season that this has been going on, and so we need to figure out in regards to what the answers are, and I think the biggest thing when you are in these ruts like this is you gotta focus on the togetherness and just trying to find answers. If you start getting negative, it becomes divisive and it could get ugly and we don't want that," Nagy said. "We need to stay positive and you need to handle adversity. It's what we have to do."

Liss: How far might you be willing to go, how desperate can you get, maybe even sharing play calling duties? That has been a hot topic. How far are you willing to go to get your offense straightened out, Matt?

"I think for us right now, everything's on the table. And when I say that, it's everything. So we will go ahead, and we have an extra day here this week before we play on Monday night to regroup and look to see what is the best thing for this offense," Nagy said. "It's obviously been a struggle, and so what we will do as a staff is talk about everything and see where it takes us."
----------------------------------------------------------
....Dude is just a robot.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Last season

Last season after the Tennessee loss:

"Yeah there's no doubt about it. There's a lot of stuff when you watch the film that you will see that you just understand that it's gotta be better. It's frustrating for everybody and that's completely understandable, and so what we need to do is make sure these coaches, these players all understand that we can't have this. And I know it has been most of the season that this has been going on, and so we need to figure out in regards to what the answers are, and I think the biggest thing when you are in these ruts like this is you gotta focus on the togetherness and just trying to find answers. If you start getting negative, it becomes divisive and it could get ugly and we don't want that," Nagy said. "We need to stay positive and you need to handle adversity. It's what we have to do."

Liss: How far might you be willing to go, how desperate can you get, maybe even sharing play calling duties? That has been a hot topic. How far are you willing to go to get your offense straightened out, Matt?

"I think for us right now, everything's on the table. And when I say that, it's everything. So we will go ahead, and we have an extra day here this week before we play on Monday night to regroup and look to see what is the best thing for this offense," Nagy said. "It's obviously been a struggle, and so what we will do as a staff is talk about everything and see where it takes us."
----------------------------------------------------------
....Dude is just a robot.
Everything is on the table... except for most things. Most things not being on the table technically fits within "everything", so it makes sense.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
We won’t hear anything on Wednesday of value because he will say that’s “scheme” and won’t talk about it. Guarantee he isn’t giving up play calling yet. The only news that will matter is who is taking the snaps with the 1s at practice.

I love how protective and secretive Nagy is about his precious "scheme" lol.

Earth to asshole, the league figured your scheme out midway thru 2018, not sure why you think all the clock and dagger secrecy is necessary when your "scheme" hasn't changed or evolved in 4 fucking years...

4 years and still no running game, despite running an RPO based offense which just baffling.

A dink and dunk horizontal passing game that makes it easy for defenses to smother your WR's because they can just sit on everything and drive on the throws to make everything a super contested catch since there's not even the threat of being beaten deep.

The only screens he runs are worthless WR's screens. It's football 101 to use the RB screen game to counter an aggressive pass rush but not here in Chicago. I honestly can't remember the last Chicago offense that had any sort of RB screen game to counter a pass rush. Other teams routinely run screen passes that go for 20+ yards on our defense but we're lucky if we see 1 screen to an RB per season which never work since we clearly don't make an effort to practice it.

I could literally write a novel about how his offense makes literally no sense but I'd rather go take my dog for a walk. In conclusion FUCK MATT NAGY. He sucks. I'm out.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Rest assured, Nagy wont give up play calling because he knows he is gone at the end of this season. Hypothetically, if somebody else start calling plays and the offense show a pulse, he's not only gone, but his future employment in the NFL is gone as well. As of right now, self preservation is the only thing that matter, regardless what BS line he throw out there.

jive

Liked Posts:
To be fair, he did say everything was on the table, including play calling.
His future in the NFL doesn't depend on his play calling as much as the success of his team.

He never should have resumed play calling duties this year, especially after Bill Lazor's success last year.
He needs to drop the OC role, and salvage whatever he can as a HC.

That performance against the Browns will tarnish his resume forever.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
They will have a hard time the rest of the way. I think they may go 5-12 with Nagy leadership. I wish things were different and we had reasons to be optimistic but Nagy and Pace have gone backward not forward and show any progress. Personally I can at least watch my 2 other local teams the Raiders and Cardinals. Both are 3-0 and show what I wish the Bears were doing. Progress.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
His future in the NFL doesn't depend on his play calling as much as the success of his team.

He never should have resumed play calling duties this year, especially after Bill Lazor's success last year.

I'm highly considering just taking a passive interest in the Bears this year and just waiting for Nagy to get fired. It's going to be back and forth with this shit all year.

Good news for my haters, I probably won't post as much. ?

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:

Actually, the game against the Browns is one of many that have tarnished his reputation. He is toast as a playcaller and QB development dept. in the NFL.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
YES! More of this. This is what Chicago wants and deserves! The Front Office really knocked it out of the park!

jive

Liked Posts:
If Nagy can't right this ship ASAP, he's going to lose the locker room.
If the national media, local media, social media, former coaches, former players, message board pundits, etc. know how epic his failure is, you better believe the players in the locker room have similar thoughts.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There are so many easy excuses to trot out and justify Nagy giving up playcalling. I dont know why they dont pull the plug and use them.

"With a changeover in our QB position both 1&2, I need to dedicate more time to getting them onboard this offense- I am giving play calling up"

"with the shortened pre season and longer regular season, The entire teams game plan has become more important to manage- Our players will benefit with 100% attention to their side of the game plan, and an OC accommodates that better"

There is a breaking point for every employer in the world, and it is astonishing that Pace has not hit that with Nagy yet- not so much as to limit his responsibility and step in to delegate.

How far will pace let things slip?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We won't hear anything on Wednesday because Nagy has chosen not to address media on Wednesdays as of this season.