No that we're out of the playoffs 100 percent, a offseason question...

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Given the limited draft capital with have no 1st and I think no 5th, I'm looking at the 2nd, and maybe even the 3rd round pick, given the needs I feel will be on this team, likely 2 WR's a DB to play outside or slot or both, Strong Safety, a Guard, pending if you can keep Daniels, do you do a Jerry Angelo and trade down in the draft to get extra young talent?

Of course, I am thinking if the draft has a lot of depth at need spots for us. If it doesn't seem strong at say Guard or CB where you can't get a guy in the 4th or 5th round, I'd stay pact and just let the chips fall where they may, so I suppose this question goes out to more who has their eyes on draft-able talent to see if hey WR is strong this tear ect.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
CB needs to be the #1 target. I'd like to draft another receiver, but not sure how high of a need it is. Fields has had a 1400 yard receiver at his disposal and rarely targets him. We are going to let him walk, yet it's a colossal failure by the coaching staff that it has come to this.

It's one of the reasons I'm pissed we held on to Nagy. I was hoping with him gone maybe the interim would use common sense and force Justin to throw to ARob every other play. Maybe build a connection we can salvage. Now it's top late.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The 2020 draft makes or breaks this franchise that will have huge ramifications for the short and long term.

Borom, Fields, Jenkins, Herbert. All offensive positions, 2 tackles a starting qb and runningback all on rookie contracts. It's imperative 2 of these guys become all pro and not just take up playing time due to their draft position as the Bears have too many <just a guy> players on the O side of the ball.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 2020 draft makes or breaks this franchise that will have huge ramifications for the short and long term.

Borom, Fields, Jenkins, Herbert. All offensive positions, 2 tackles a starting qb and runningback all on rookie contracts. It's imperative 2 of these guys become all pro and not just take up playing time due to their draft position as the Bears have too many <just a guy> players on the O side of the ball.
I am going to assume 2021 lol. Since Johnson Kmet and Mooney were all 2020

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I would say OL needs to be the #1 target. And the 2nd. They need to build an elite OL for a change. It will make life easier for Fields, Monty, Mooney and Horsted and Kmet. An expensive WR can wait. I would use the Colts blueprint.

I am NOT saying CB isn’t a need. It is. 1 proven OL in FA, OL in the 2nd. CB in the 3rd.

They need to establish an offensive identity for Fields to build off of. I’m sick of the beloved having an offense that is the laughingstock of the league.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
Best available player at either the CB, WR, S or OL (preferably C) in the second and third. Then draft BPA.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would say OL needs to be the #1 target. And the 2nd. They need to build an elite OL for a change. It will make life easier for Fields, Monty, Mooney and Horsted and Kmet. An expensive WR can wait. I would use the Colts blueprint.

I am NOT saying CB isn’t a need. It is. 1 proven OL in FA, OL in the 2nd. CB in the 3rd.

They need to establish an offensive identity for Fields to build off of. I’m sick of the beloved having an offense that is the laughingstock of the league.

This - #1 rule. PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK. Our interior needs help.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace has fucked this team for 5 years. You saw it last night, an offense steeped in miscues and blockhead play.

Real talk...

This team has almost ZERO proven talent on offense - QB included - and the defense is old an on bloated contracts. A new coach will not fix it next year.

That game last night was unwatchable and not even profootball.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Pace has fucked this team for 5 years. You saw it last night, an offense steeped in miscues and blockhead play.

Real talk...

This team has almost ZERO proven talent on offense - QB included - and the defense is old an on bloated contracts. A new coach will not fix it next year.

That game last night was unwatchable and not even profootball.
I think you’re being a bit harsh. The fact is we really don’t know the level of talent on offense because of how backwards the scheme and coaching has been.

That is NOT an excuse. It’s my opinion that the if you put these players in a grown-up professional offense, the talent level may surprise you.

Mooney and Monty are very good. Kmet and Horsted may be a good TE duo in a sane offense. Fields-who knows. He has all the physical tools in the world.

Point is, it’s a little premature to say there is no talent on offense.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I am going to assume 2021 lol. Since Johnson Kmet and Mooney were all 2020
We need 2 of those to become all pro too. Everyone knows if you don’t get 2 all pro players from a draft it’s a colossal failure…

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need 2 of those to become all pro too. Everyone knows if you don’t get 2 all pro players from a draft it’s a colossal failure…
Well the bears don’t ever get one so who knows.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
WR needs to be a primary focus - whether in the draft or FA or both. JF1 needs bodies he can throw to. Bears are last in separation. Let's fix that. Then the defense will become more honest and respect the passing game - which will make OL's life easier.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

agreed, bump this.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

How about one that puts points on the board?

Do you honestly care if the identity of the Bears is pounding the ball with the run, or airing it out? Building an identity is for losing teams.

Score points, win the game. That's a decent identity to have.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
How about one that puts points on the board?

Do you honestly care if the identity of the Bears is pounding the ball with the run, or airing it out? Building an identity is for losing teams.

Score points, win the game. That's a decent identity to have.
That’s fine and good, but you can’t score points on the ground or through the air if your OL can get push at the LOS or give the QB more than 2 seconds to throw the ball.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
CB needs to be the #1 target. I'd like to draft another receiver, but not sure how high of a need it is. Fields has had a 1400 yard receiver at his disposal and rarely targets him. We are going to let him walk, yet it's a colossal failure by the coaching staff that it has come to this.

It's one of the reasons I'm pissed we held on to Nagy. I was hoping with him gone maybe the interim would use common sense and force Justin to throw to ARob every other play. Maybe build a connection we can salvage. Now it's top late.
Lol brilliant!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That’s fine and good, but you can’t score points on the ground or through the air if your OL can get push at the LOS or give the QB more than 2 seconds to throw the ball.
Having a good offensive line isn't an identity. It's smart football. This notion that "the Bears need some kind of identity" is fucking stupid. You are fucking stupid if you think a team needs an identity. Teams need to win. Teams need to outscore their opponents. Why it should ever be done in a way that can be seen as "the Bears identity" is fucking stupid. Stop over complicating a very simple game. You look like a fucking idiot.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I think you’re being a bit harsh. The fact is we really don’t know the level of talent on offense because of how backwards the scheme and coaching has been.

That is NOT an excuse. It’s my opinion that the if you put these players in a grown-up professional offense, the talent level may surprise you.

Mooney and Monty are very good. Kmet and Horsted may be a good TE duo in a sane offense. Fields-who knows. He has all the physical tools in the world.

Point is, it’s a little premature to say there is no talent on offense.
Not only is the scheme backwards and stupid, these coaches seem unable to identify or develop the talent that is on the team…

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I definitely think OL is the way to go. We have seen Fields have a couple big passing games to guys like Mooney, Goodwin and Byrd. Robinson has been a non-factor for the most part. So, there should be several ways to upgrade the WR corps over what it has been for the most part in 2021.

But with the way that Fields likes to play (hold onto the ball, throw the ball down field) would be enhanced by having a strong OL in front of him to give him the time to go down the field. And with Daniels a FA you have to either bring him back and replace him, but still need to find a guy better than Mustipher, while also potentially preparing for Whitehair to be replaced if he continues to be mediocre while getting more expensive.