Nobody is coming back

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Turns out they played together at 11 YO and again on team USA. Pesky might be the answer.

Bust

Liked Posts:
"Listen, when it comes to the guys on our team and what we did — Gold Gloves, Silver Sluggers, MVPs, Rookie of the Years, good people — those things cost money,” Rizzo said.

What Rizzo 'forgot' to mention that group collectively failed to perform when it counted. It seemed as a group they were satisfied with one WS win and decent seasons after. Not one distinguished them selves as absolute 'must keep'. Good riddance.

Rizzo sounds like Scott Boras lately........hmmm

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting comment from Kris Bryant...

Bryant said the only time he was personally approached by the front office about signing an extension was during spring training in 2017.

“I kind of felt like it was always out there, like, ‘Hey, we’re constantly trying to get an extension done’ and stuff like that,” he said. “And in reality that didn’t happen. There were conversations after 2016 and then after that, it was like, nothing. I was always open to hearing, and I’ve always said that. But there was just wasn’t anything after that.”

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Interesting comment from Kris Bryant...

Bryant said the only time he was personally approached by the front office about signing an extension was during spring training in 2017.

“I kind of felt like it was always out there, like, ‘Hey, we’re constantly trying to get an extension done’ and stuff like that,” he said. “And in reality that didn’t happen. There were conversations after 2016 and then after that, it was like, nothing. I was always open to hearing, and I’ve always said that. But there was just wasn’t anything after that.”
That is just really strange. I wonder if the Cubs FO called Boras and not Bryant and Boras just never informed Bryant if the offer wasn't close? This just seems so implausible to me.

Bust

Liked Posts:
That is just really strange. I wonder if the Cubs FO called Boras and not Bryant and Boras just never informed Bryant if the offer wasn't close? This just seems so implausible to me.

Yep this was strictly Scotty Boras and the FO casually discussing numbers off to the side when kris wasn't looking and the cubs knew they had no chance...bye kris!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Tom should just flip the team. He made his profits. Get out before this goes to shit.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It's really not. Bryant was super complimentary of Jed when he left. He's just saying his experience.
This. Wasn’t it Bryant that just got done praising the FO for moving the core to teams they preferred?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've never met the man but Kris Bryant as well as Rizzo have always come across as stand up guys. Until someone can convince me otherwise....I'll buy into what they are saying. And I'm pleased they are doing so well with their new teams.