None of these players fit the offense Nagy is trying to run.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The scheme does not work with the players we have. It never did, ever.

Nagy got hired and tried to run what he learned in KC, but the difference is Andy built that system based on the talent they had, and it meshed perfectly. He drafted players specifically to fit the system. It wasn't always the most talented guys, it wasn't always big names, but it was guys who fit their system and it just works.

I can throw blame at pace, I can throw blame at our players, but the fact is whatever talent we have just doesn't work in this scheme. This has become quite evident this season. A lot of these players were here before nagy got here, and the ones who were not nagy hand picked. Outside of mooney, I can't think of a single one that is actually a fit for his system.

So, question is, why the fuck is nagy continuing to run it? The oline when healthy was not comfortable in this scheme. It's obviously too complicated for pea brain anthony miller and mitch trubisky. Arob is a possession WR forced to play in an offense that's geared towards deep threats. Jimmy Graham is an old man forced to play in an offense geared towards deep threats. Monty is a short game, ground and pound back, forced to play in a system that is geared towards finesse backs.

It just makes zero sense to me what this guy is doing. It's not even the play calling. It's the entire scheme. You can't march random players out and ask them to do things they aren't good at just because its what you want to run.

The fact we took a QB who was drafted to play in a run heavy/play action scheme and tried to turn him into a west coast spread guy is depressing. Nagy is clueless. I love the guy, but he's clueless. It's not playcalling, its the entire fucking scheme.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
The scheme does not work with the players we have. It never did, ever.

Nagy got hired and tried to run what he learned in KC, but the difference is Andy built that system based on the talent they had, and it meshed perfectly. He drafted players specifically to fit the system. It wasn't always the most talented guys, it wasn't always big names, but it was guys who fit their system and it just works.

I can throw blame at pace, I can throw blame at our players, but the fact is whatever talent we have just doesn't work in this scheme. This has become quite evident this season. A lot of these players were here before nagy got here, and the ones who were not nagy hand picked. Outside of mooney, I can't think of a single one that is actually a fit for his system.

So, question is, why the fuck is nagy continuing to run it? The oline when healthy was not comfortable in this scheme. It's obviously too complicated for pea brain anthony miller and mitch trubisky. Arob is a possession WR forced to play in an offense that's geared towards deep threats. Jimmy Graham is an old man forced to play in an offense geared towards deep threats. Monty is a short game, ground and pound back, forced to play in a system that is geared towards finesse backs.

It just makes zero sense to me what this guy is doing. It's not even the play calling. It's the entire scheme. You can't march random players out and ask them to do things they aren't good at just because its what you want to run.

The fact we took a QB who was drafted to play in a run heavy/play action scheme and tried to turn him into a west coast spread guy is depressing. Nagy is clueless. I love the guy, but he's clueless. It's not playcalling, its the entire fucking scheme.

I said it last year, but people don’t listen. And they only care about what the record is at the end of the season.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I said it last year, but people don’t listen. And they only care about what the record is at the end of the season.

Dont worry, nothing will change. I already know they will win just enough games(7-8) to keep them from drafting wilson/trask and then keep nagy/pace.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lazor started the game in true Nagy style, an E-W pass to Mooney for no gain.

That said it all

msadows

Liked Posts:
Does Nagy even know what type of offense he wants to run?

I have my doubts

Yes, he does.

Unfortunately, none of the players he's hand picked are good at it.

Like, our best and only offensive player doesn't fit this system at all. He's a great player, but in what world does matt nagy wake up every morning thinking this shit makes sense?

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Dont worry, nothing will change. I already know they will win just enough games(7-8) to keep them from drafting wilson/trask and then keep nagy/pace.

There’s no way they win two more games this year, not even one. getting swept by Minnesota, GB and would have been by Detroit if they didn’t drop a sure TD to end the game.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cohen was much more important than I thought. It wasn't good with him either but it was never this bad

msadows

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling we are just entering the collapse. They will both be fired if the bears are humiliated on SNF by Green Bay.

Zero chance they get fired mid season, if thats what you mean.

But I could see them being fired if we lose out or win only 1 of the next 6.

I'm not so sure 7-9 or 8-8 gets them fired.

It's a shame, because I don't think pace is terrible, but his biggest mistakes are the ones that have cost this franchise. Nagy was a horrible hire who wasn't ready for his shot, and Mitch was way too green to be taken #2 overall.

He swung for the fences and failed.

msadows

Liked Posts:
There’s no way they win two more games this year, not even one. getting swept by Minnesota, GB and would have been by Detroit if they didn’t drop a sure TD to end the game.

Trust me, there is zero way the bears can not fuck things up. They'll win just enough to ensure we get no regime change and just enough to ensure we don't get Wilson.

Then we'll draft an edge rusher in the first round, because bears.

I thought the cunting was premature a few weeks ago after the saints loss, now....well...now this is a shit show. It's worse every week on offense, and its honestly embarrassing to watch.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Zero chance they get fired mid season, if thats what you mean.

But I could see them being fired if we lose out or win only 1 of the next 6.

I'm not so sure 7-9 or 8-8 gets them fired.

It's a shame, because I don't think pace is terrible, but his biggest mistakes are the ones that have cost this franchise. Nagy was a horrible hire who wasn't ready for his shot, and Mitch was way too green to be taken #2 overall.

He swung for the fences and failed.
They will be fired on black Monday if the packers humiliate the bears on SNF. That will pretty much be the dagger in the season.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And we all know that will happen.

If we somehow have a repeat of 2018 opener I'll be done.

Imagine mitch comes in, lights the world on fire, we get a big lead, only to get our shit pushed in by aaron rodgers in the 4th while mitch is running for his life.

This HC will end how he started.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They will be fired on black Monday if the packers humiliate the bears on SNF. That will pretty much be the dagger in the season.

I don't see it happening, but who knows. The one thing about this nagy led bears is they play to the level of their competition almost always. That includes looking like trash against 1 win teams.

I expect them to lose, but in a close 1 TD game again.