None of these players fit the offense Nagy is trying to run.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don't see it happening, but who knows. The one thing about this nagy led bears is they play to the level of their competition almost always. That includes looking like trash against 1 win teams.

I expect them to lose, but in a close 1 TD game again.
I expect Green Bay to beat the breaks off this team.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Maybe none of the coaches fit the personnel.

Maybe our DL coach but everyone else is either ass or a BHVWGHC apologist.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Zero chance they get fired mid season, if thats what you mean.

But I could see them being fired if we lose out or win only 1 of the next 6.

I'm not so sure 7-9 or 8-8 gets them fired.

It's a shame, because I don't think pace is terrible, but his biggest mistakes are the ones that have cost this franchise. Nagy was a horrible hire who wasn't ready for his shot, and Mitch was way too green to be taken #2 overall.

He swung for the fences and failed.

So “not terrible” is good enough for you and worth keeping?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Trust me, there is zero way the bears can not fuck things up. They'll win just enough to ensure we get no regime change and just enough to ensure we don't get Wilson.

Then we'll draft an edge rusher in the first round, because bears.

I thought the cunting was premature a few weeks ago after the saints loss, now....well...now this is a shit show. It's worse every week on offense, and its honestly embarrassing to watch.

Please don't ever complain about people cunting ever again. I think a lot of people knew the 5-1 start was lucky as hell and that this team was going to crash hard. You didn't listen and thought you had it right.

The bad thing, and the bears thing to do, is to win enough games to sneak in the playoffs and get a worse draft pick. Guarantee that will happen.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
I don't see it happening, but who knows. The one thing about this nagy led bears is they play to the level of their competition almost always. That includes looking like trash against 1 win teams.

I expect them to lose, but in a close 1 TD game again.

I expect double digit loses against GB in both games but some home, bears manage to be single score losses to Detroit/Minn and single score wins against Houston/Jax. That would put us at 7-9 and I am afraid you may be right, not enough to make a change but it should be.

I just don't understand this franchise. Fun Fact: The Bears are one of the only major franchises where the owners have NO other outside business interests. So, all the McCaskey/Halas income is based solely on the Bears. One would then figure you would do whatever it takes to field the best team possible so that you increase ticket sales, merch sales and get as many prime-time games as possible.

Unfortunately, there are currently 12 teams that have worse records than the bears by 2 or more wins. So even if we lose out, we at best are looking at drafting between 10-14/15. Why i say that range is many of these teams have no chance at the playoffs so I suspect you will start seeing them play more and more rookies, early year players to see what they have (I would if I was in that position).

So lets say best case scenario we finish 5-11 and maybe jump 1 or 2 teams below us due to record or tie breakers, we are looking at the 11th pick most likely (but again, I bet we win 1 or 2 more games to totally fuck that up).

So looking at who would draft ahead of us (and who needs a QB)
  • Washington needs a QB
  • Jacksonville needs a QB
  • Jets need a QB (i believe they will trade Sam D)
Then we get to teams that will draft ahead of us but most likely aren't in the QB market
  • Bengals (just took Burrows)
  • Falcons (too much money in Matty Ice and no one wants that contract)
  • Panthers (alot of money in Bridgewater and he has looked solid when healthy)
  • Texans (Deshawn)
  • Chargers (Herbert)
And then you get to the "wildcard" teams that who knows what they would do
  • Denver (they seem to like Drew Lock)
  • Patriots (who knows with them)
  • Giants (Seem to be good with Jones)
  • Dallas (I would draft a QB if I were them, but Jerry is gonna Jerry)
  • Vikings/Lions (complete toss up)
  • 49ers (Who knows with Jimmy G)
So what this tells me (again, just opinion) that the top 3 QB's will be off the board by the time we draft, no matter what (Fields, Lawrence and one of Trask/Wilson/Lance). While I am NOT a fan of Trask ( I just don't trust him to be honest, I think its smoke in mirrors with him, but happy to be wrong) I think because of his video game numbers he is the 3rd guy taken. So that means, we MAY have a shot at Wilson/Lance by pick 11/12 baring any trade ups. However, if all 5 go before we can pick then we HAVE TO go for the best player available and I think that's going to be O-line. There are some interesting QB prospects we can get later on like Kellen Mond, KJ Costello or Sam Howell (North Carolina). Also, don't sleep on the QB from Boston College.

So my point is really, you are right, we will find a way to fuck this up, win 1 more game than we needed to and find ourselves out of the proposed top 5 QB's in the draft. So....Go O-line First and Second Round (unless someone drops) and in the 3rd go for a second tier QB.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
My son's 5th grade football team are the players that fit Nagy's scheme, because it's elementary school bullshit.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'm not even sure anymore what his scheme is. It appears to be a collection of plays that has no continuity or personnel considerations. There is no rhythm, no setup, no adjustment.

Has anyone actually ran Reid's system successfully besides Reid?

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Honestly, I'm not even sure anymore what his scheme is. It appears to be a collection of plays that has no continuity or personnel considerations. There is no rhythm, no setup, no adjustment.

Has anyone actually ran Reid's system successfully besides Reid?
Nagy is pure garbage, put him up there with Trestman.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
The scheme does not work with the players we have. It never did, ever.

Nagy got hired and tried to run what he learned in KC, but the difference is Andy built that system based on the talent they had, and it meshed perfectly. He drafted players specifically to fit the system. It wasn't always the most talented guys, it wasn't always big names, but it was guys who fit their system and it just works.

I can throw blame at pace, I can throw blame at our players, but the fact is whatever talent we have just doesn't work in this scheme. This has become quite evident this season. A lot of these players were here before nagy got here, and the ones who were not nagy hand picked. Outside of mooney, I can't think of a single one that is actually a fit for his system.

So, question is, why the fuck is nagy continuing to run it? The oline when healthy was not comfortable in this scheme. It's obviously too complicated for pea brain anthony miller and mitch trubisky. Arob is a possession WR forced to play in an offense that's geared towards deep threats. Jimmy Graham is an old man forced to play in an offense geared towards deep threats. Monty is a short game, ground and pound back, forced to play in a system that is geared towards finesse backs.

It just makes zero sense to me what this guy is doing. It's not even the play calling. It's the entire scheme. You can't march random players out and ask them to do things they aren't good at just because its what you want to run.

The fact we took a QB who was drafted to play in a run heavy/play action scheme and tried to turn him into a west coast spread guy is depressing. Nagy is clueless. I love the guy, but he's clueless. It's not playcalling, its the entire fucking scheme.

???? Very well put. I have thought the same thing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol been saying this since Day 1. Only took some of you until year 4 to realize it.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Nagy is pure garbage, put him up there with Trestman.

we have a strange reappraisal of Trestman here lately. because the Bears had the #2 offense. never mind they had the worst defense and the #2 offense wasn't translating into wins. yes, that's with Josh McCown, people need to get the fuck over him and his identical stats sans almost interceptions to Cutler.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It's entirely possible, if not likely, that Nagy's system doesn't work for anybody. It may be that his system just sucks.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Please don't ever complain about people cunting ever again. I think a lot of people knew the 5-1 start was lucky as hell and that this team was going to crash hard. You didn't listen and thought you had it right.

The bad thing, and the bears thing to do, is to win enough games to sneak in the playoffs and get a worse draft pick. Guarantee that will happen.
Preach

msadows

Liked Posts:

I apologize for not cunting about a 5-1 team.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

Bitching about a team that won 5/6 is dumb as fuck. That doesn't mean I didn't have my questions and concerns.

Simply put, plenty on here will bitch about anything because its the only thing they post on here. That doesn't mean there isn't ever things to bitch about, trust me, there are. When you are 5-1, you should be looking at the positives, not cunting beyond belief.

Now we are on a 4 game loss streaks, which, is an obvious time to be negative about the team. I shouldn't have to explain to you how this works. Just because the eternal pessimists were right, doesn't mean they were ACTUALLY right in their behavior.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:

Nagy got hired and tried to run what he learned in KC, but the difference is Andy built that system based on the talent they had, and it meshed perfectly. He drafted players specifically to fit the system. It wasn't always the most talented guys, it wasn't always big names, but it was guys who fit their system and it just works.

I can throw blame at pace, I can throw blame at our players, but the fact is whatever talent we have just doesn't work in this scheme. This has become quite evident this season. A lot of these players were here before nagy got here, and the ones who were not nagy hand picked. Outside of mooney, I can't think of a single one that is actually a fit for his system.

So, question is, why the fuck is nagy continuing to run it? The oline when healthy was not comfortable in this scheme. It's obviously too complicated for pea brain anthony miller and mitch trubisky. Arob is a possession WR forced to play in an offense that's geared towards deep threats. Jimmy Graham is an old man forced to play in an offense geared towards deep threats. Monty is a short game, ground and pound back, forced to play in a system that is geared towards finesse backs.

It just makes zero sense to me what this guy is doing. It's not even the play calling. It's the entire scheme. You can't march random players out and ask them to do things they aren't good at just because its what you want to run.

The fact we took a QB who was drafted to play in a run heavy/play action scheme and tried to turn him into a west coast spread guy is depressing. Nagy is clueless. I love the guy, but he's clueless. It's not playcalling, its the entire fucking scheme.

The saddest part is its a year later and he's doing the same thing to Fields now.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

This post will trigger certain posters who have the personality of potatoes, and are Nagy-sexuals, and who's username rhymes with DeadPeezy:

Matt Nagy is a reetard.