None of these players fit the offense Nagy is trying to run.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trust me, there is zero way the bears can not fuck things up. They'll win just enough to ensure we get no regime change and just enough to ensure we don't get Wilson.

Then we'll draft an edge rusher in the first round, because bears.

I thought the cunting was premature a few weeks ago after the saints loss, now....well...now this is a shit show. It's worse every week on offense, and its honestly embarrassing to watch.
I understand the Bears fan pathos of things not changing, but there is way too much heat right now and will be all season from a national perspective, and the one thing the mccaskey's always act on is if they feel they are being embarrassed on a national scale.

Unless Matt completely changes how he coaches and somehow gets playoff wins under his belt, I don't see him returning.

And I think the likelihood of Matt changing is extremely low.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Broke: Matt Nagy needs personnel to run his system

Woke: Matt Nagy needs to adjust for the players on his team

Bespoke: Get a new coach

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Then MAKE those players fit. You can't change Nagy's genius scheme... he wouldn't be able to "Be You."

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
The scheme does not work with the players we have. It never did, ever.

Nagy got hired and tried to run what he learned in KC, but the difference is Andy built that system based on the talent they had, and it meshed perfectly. He drafted players specifically to fit the system. It wasn't always the most talented guys, it wasn't always big names, but it was guys who fit their system and it just works.

I can throw blame at pace, I can throw blame at our players, but the fact is whatever talent we have just doesn't work in this scheme. This has become quite evident this season. A lot of these players were here before nagy got here, and the ones who were not nagy hand picked. Outside of mooney, I can't think of a single one that is actually a fit for his system.

So, question is, why the fuck is nagy continuing to run it? The oline when healthy was not comfortable in this scheme. It's obviously too complicated for pea brain anthony miller and mitch trubisky. Arob is a possession WR forced to play in an offense that's geared towards deep threats. Jimmy Graham is an old man forced to play in an offense geared towards deep threats. Monty is a short game, ground and pound back, forced to play in a system that is geared towards finesse backs.

It just makes zero sense to me what this guy is doing. It's not even the play calling. It's the entire scheme. You can't march random players out and ask them to do things they aren't good at just because its what you want to run.

The fact we took a QB who was drafted to play in a run heavy/play action scheme and tried to turn him into a west coast spread guy is depressing. Nagy is clueless. I love the guy, but he's clueless. It's not playcalling, its the entire fucking scheme.
Nagy does not fit in the NFL. I don't think that if he had all the best players at all the positions on his team that he could win. The man gives up or never makes adjustments during games because he says the other team is going to stop whatever the fck he plans on doing. He has zero levels of thinking to make adjustments. No plan B or C if his plan A fails like it mostly has during his tenure as the Bears coach.

mbison

Liked Posts:

Nagy got hired and tried to run what he learned in KC, but the difference is Andy built that system based on the talent they had, and it meshed perfectly. He drafted players specifically to fit the system. It wasn't always the most talented guys, it wasn't always big names, but it was guys who fit their system and it just works.

I can throw blame at pace, I can throw blame at our players, but the fact is whatever talent we have just doesn't work in this scheme. This has become quite evident this season. A lot of these players were here before nagy got here, and the ones who were not nagy hand picked. Outside of mooney, I can't think of a single one that is actually a fit for his system.

So, question is, why the fuck is nagy continuing to run it? The oline when healthy was not comfortable in this scheme. It's obviously too complicated for pea brain anthony miller and mitch trubisky. Arob is a possession WR forced to play in an offense that's geared towards deep threats. Jimmy Graham is an old man forced to play in an offense geared towards deep threats. Monty is a short game, ground and pound back, forced to play in a system that is geared towards finesse backs.

It just makes zero sense to me what this guy is doing. It's not even the play calling. It's the entire scheme. You can't march random players out and ask them to do things they aren't good at just because its what you want to run.

The fact we took a QB who was drafted to play in a run heavy/play action scheme and tried to turn him into a west coast spread guy is depressing. Nagy is clueless. I love the guy, but he's clueless. It's not playcalling, its the entire fucking scheme.

I don’t agree with any of this because Nagy has been here 4 years. He’s had 4 years to turn the roster and get players in here that he feels fits his system. The players on the field today are all players Nagy had input on to fit his system

The problem isn’t the system. It’s the play calling

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

I think the most critical thing that you mentioned here is that Andy developed a system around his players, THEN he drafted/acquired more players to support that scheme.

Nagy has never developed anything around the Talent he has. He forgot to do step one.....

No more excuses for Nagy, HE is the biggest problem