Noodle Arm Nady starting again...

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Ugh, Pirates already taking advantage in the 1st inning. Why is this guy playing? He can't throw AND he isn't hitting!!!!

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I'm really starting to agree about Lou needing to go. I think he has lost his flare for the game sadly. It's almost as if he is just calling in the season already.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
There is NO reason for Nady to even be on this team, let alone STARTING! You have Fukudome and Colvin who deserve Nady's playing time. Nady doesn't deserve his at bats, he's batting below .200. I know he hasn't had that many plate appearances but he shouldn't have that many to begin with if he can't throw the DAMN ball.

CarlosSilva

Liked Posts:
Colvin isn't starting because a lefty (Maholm is pitching). Wait till Nady gets healthy, then talk to me.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
I understand that but Nady ISN'T healthy. By the time he is, we'll be 10-15 games out. What's the point?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Nady ftl

LouCrew Alex

Liked Posts:
Nady is absolutely pathetic. Can't hit, can't throw, cut him. It's not like they're paying him a ton of money. And they should just send Colvin back down to the minors seeing as how they've turned him into nothing more than a pinch runner. They can't score yet they don't try something new, like Colvin. They suck and will continue to suck, that's all it is.

yoshiki89

Liked Posts:
Nice pinch-hit from ol' Noodle Arm Nady yesterday, yes?

Last edited by a moderator:

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
No kidding. It was insane. I was at the game with about 15 people and on the way there we were all ragging on Noodle Arm pretty bad. And when he came up to bat we were like, "here we go...." and then he came through. We all laughed afterward.

That being said, he still has no place starting in our lineup unless were using a DH in which I wouldn't mind. Until he's able to throw runners out that is...

yoshiki89

Liked Posts:
No kidding. It was insane. I was at the game with about 15 people and on the way there we were all ragging on Noodle Arm pretty bad. And when he came up to bat we were like, "here we go...." and then he came through. We all laughed afterward.

That being said, he still has no place starting in our lineup unless were using a DH in which I wouldn't mind. Until he's able to throw runners out that is...

And I was right along with you, until all that unraveled. I certainly welcomed the 'opposite expectation' effect...

I'm not a fan of DH, but so far PH is working out for us occasionally!

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Oh I'm not a fan of DH either, but I was talking about when were playing in AL parks for interleague.

yoshiki89

Liked Posts:
Oh I'm not a fan of DH either, but I was talking about when were playing in AL parks for interleague.

Strategy! Facing the Sox in a few weeks!!

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
lol... man Nady is coming through with some clutch RBI hits in the last few days. He's making me look like a fool.

But I stand by my original post. He has no place starting for this team until he can throw 100%. But I'm ok with him being our pinch hitter.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Just when we bash Nady....He comes through.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Ramirez has no place starting on this team! Not when we have other guys who are hitting! lol