Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Not while I was in grade school. Maybe grade school tang is your thing, but I have never showed any interest.
Sorry. That was a lame attempt at a Dad joke.

tang.... any tang.......every little tang gonna be alright.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Saw the ice cream truck drive by and had me thinking of how much I miss wwe ice cream bars

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Summers that seemed endless.

Leaving the house at 9AM in the summer, with the caveat to be home at 6PM for dinner, without a cell phone, and that was considered normal.

Riding my bike everywhere.

Having a great time all day long for about $2.

Hanging out in the woods/prairies...building tree forts, making BMX circuits, climbing trees, smoking cigarettes, lighting off fireworks...

Discovering new music through a cassette from a friend.

Riding 5 miles, some of it on some busy roads with no sidewalks to get to a real record store/head shop, and just browse for a couple hours, buy one or two albums with the little money I had and then race home along the same treacherous route to get them on the turntable with headphones and pore over the artwork and liner notes while listening.

After high school, that brief period where I had my own car, my own money, but still lived at home and no real worries about things like mortgage, etc. and in the summer you just went....out. Wherever. Sometimes just drive around on back roads jamming music with the windows down for hours, just feeling free. Again, no cell phone, no tether to anyone else, and if you were with someone, with just them, in the moment with them, no electronic interference from outside that little space.

Working one of my first jobs that was very spring/fall insanely busy, steady during the summer, and non-existent in the winter... literally digging in the seats and floor of the car for change, and if I could come up with $5, I could get a pack of cigarettes and a 12 pack of Drewery's brown stubby bottles and drive on fumes to my buddy's house and play cards and listen to music in his garage with the barrel heater... Saturday night! Good times.

Going on overnight canoe trips with my dad and brothers on the Wisconsin River. Sleep over on an island in the river. As a teenager, finally saw my dad relax, and be the guy he was before he was married with kids and a mortgage and bills and worried about his job. The beginnings of realizing what adult life was about, and the sacrifices and hard work it was to be parents by seeing my dad let loose a little and relax away from the all that reality. Again, full detachment from the world...when we were out on the river, it was just us.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Leaving the house at 9AM in the summer, with the caveat to be home at 6PM for dinner, without a cell phone, and that was considered normal.

I miss being phoneless. I feel like I'm in constant communication with people 24/7 and it becomes to much some days. Always something to reply too it seems. I like to unplug (from my phone at least) at night, usually around 8.

Few years ago I busted up my phone and was about 3 months from getting out of my contract. Instead of buying a new phone and paying some fee, I activated this shitty Android I had. It was a smartphone, but barely. I could access the internet, but it was very slow and hardly any apps worked. All I had was text/phone/GPS if needed for that amount of time and it really was glorious.