Nostalgia Thread

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stomper 4x4's running over my star wars guys.
Dukes of Hazard on Friday nights.
Mag wheels on bicycles with the snap on padded crossbars.
The mtv top 10 video countdown.
Trick or treating and having 15 kids in sight at any given moment.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
teamwork-3430-transition-basketball-warm-up-pants-1.gif

I used to rock the fuck outta these break away pants in elementary school. Always had to be ready to ball 365x24x7

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
When Apple introduced the iPod. Steve Jobs trotted out this visual at the beginning of the presentation

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
When we were teenagers, on Halloween, Taco and my other friends went to the library with 2 cartons of eggs. We waited till 2 helpless young ladies came to the parking lot, arms full of books. Then when they opened their trunk and car doors we bombarded them with all 24 eggs. Taco hit one of them in the head. They cried and screamed like a bunch of babies and when we were done we bravely ran away. Ironically, we never saw Taco after that night.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
confirmed, you were born a woman-hating racist turd

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Rectangle school lunch pizza.

Being excited to go to Blockbuster on a Friday night to pick out some movies.

Switchblade combs.

Hanging out at the arcade. Aladdin's Castle.

Buying dumb shit at Spencer's. Fake vomit, whoopee cushions, etc. And most likely the previously mentioned switchblade comb.

Waiting for hours to hear a specific song on the radio so I could unpause record and get it on tape on my trusty boombox. Also putting scotch tape over those notches of previously recorded cassettes so I could reuse them when I ran out.

John Hughes movies.

Coming home when the streetlights came on.

(I might be editing this one for awhile).

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I miss having friends over or going to a buddies, and just got stuff done. Now when you want to DIY stuff, people try to ditch you or you try to ditch them. In HS, we rebuilt entire cars, down to bare metal and back in a single weekend a few times. Built additions to houses, built computers (not this beyond simple snap together + install wizard stuff today, but making 10 incompatible things, suddenly compatible and stable, soldering parts, metering and scoping components). You would join a band, even if you couldn't play anything. That whole spirit is gone now.

All the tangible things, if I miss it, I learned to copycat recipe or find it somehow. But the attitude, the spirit, sense of adventure, even kids are recluses for the most part.

People would barrow things and give them back, no worries. If you had a friend who didn't, everyone knew they didn't return things. Now, everyone has to buy their own things, don't touch my shit. I only need this tool one time for one thing, welp, can't ask my neighbor to lend me theirs, nope. You need to buy your own. Sorry, you might have lost a few things from deadbeat friends, but for the most part, everyone made out better.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
JNCO brand shorts in the 90s.

Co48sIFUAAA2G9L.jpg

The full length Jeans were a little much, but their line of "shorts" were ****ing fly. I had like six or seven pair once upon a time.
you haven't lived until you've seen the JNCO rigs where dry ice comes out the bottom of the pant legs

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
Children's TV shows from the 70's:
Mister Rogers, Sesame Street, Captain Kangaroo and the only thing worth watching on Sundays: Gigglesnort Hotel
Saturday cartoons - Bugs Bunny, Speed Buggy, Hong Kong Phooey, Captain Caveman, Scooby Doo, etc.
Daytime cartoons - The Pink Panther Show, Ricochet Rabbit, Magilla Gorilla, Sneezly & Breezly Bruin, Tom & Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, etc.