Not a good litmus test

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
I know it's only one game but damn, that NJ squad is scary with Irving in the lineup, the only chance the Bulls have is to be able to match them offensively, and I honestly don't know if they have enough firepower with this version of the team.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Get the 2 seed on purpose. 4 home games for Kyrie, 3 road in a series.

Smart math.

Assuming he wont be able to play at home in Playoffs still.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Nets will cave and pay the fines in NY come playoff time if need be. They aren’t going to lose out on a ship over 6 figures worth of $$ or whatever it is

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Durant was shooting over every one of our defenders with ease. Nobody even bothered him.

We may not win the championship this year but I'm not going to let that ruin my enjoyment of this season.

anything can happen between now and the playoffs. Durant/Harden/Irving may be injured or something.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Durant was shooting over every one of our defenders with ease. Nobody even bothered him.

We may not win the championship this year but I'm not going to let that ruin my enjoyment of this season.

anything can happen between now and the playoffs. Durant/Harden/Irving may be injured or something.
No one expected the Bulls to be this good. They're playing with house money really. Best not to set yourself up for disappointment and think that DeRozan/Lavine/Vucevic is on the level of Durant/Harden/Irving.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No one expected the Bulls to be this good. They're playing with house money really. Best not to set yourself up for disappointment and think that DeRozan/Lavine/Vucevic is on the level of Durant/Harden/Irving.
They aren’t the best big three. But let’s not ignore ball, Caruso, Donovan etc from the equation.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
They aren’t the best big three. But let’s not ignore ball, Caruso, Donovan etc from the equation.
Yea just like we once had Rose/Noah/Deng/Boozer, Thibodeau and the bench mob. Games in the NBA are largely decided by who's got the most talent on the floor, namely the talent that can grab a clutch bucket and has experience winning. DeRozan has always been a #2 type guy who's long-time team didn't win anything until they traded him for a superstar in Leonard. Zach has a lot to prove in that capacity and has never played in a playoff game. Vucevic has played in 11 playoff games. Lonzo's never played in a playoff game.

I think if the Bulls can make the ECF, you chalk that up as a very successful season, all things considered.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls were never meant to be the favorites this season. It's pretty difficult to beat teams with 3 future HOFers when your 3 best options at the 4 spot are all hurt. And your best bench piece (Caruso) is out, too. It would be nice if this Bulls team was dominant at some facet of team basketball. The Bulls 10 years ago were the best defensive team and rebounding team in the league. And they had a true superstar who I'd say is the best player the Bulls have had since MJ. Even so, the Bulls may be just as good of a team considering they have two legit stars and a much better team offense. Problem is that the competition in terms of contenders in the East is better than it has been in almost 30 years, in my opinion

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd trade LaVine, DeRozan, Vucevic, Ball, Caruso, and Coach D for KD, Harden, and Kyrie without an inkling of hesitation.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls best chance in a series with the Nets would be to not have the home court advantage because of Kyrie. Play Caruso and and Ball a lot and play DJJ a lot on KD. LaVine and DeRozan at your forward spots. And try to make them beat your with Aldridge or Griffin with their back to the basket.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls best chance in a series with the Nets would be to not have the home court advantage because of Kyrie. Play Caruso and and Ball a lot and play DJJ a lot on KD. LaVine and DeRozan at your forward spots. And try to make them beat your with Aldridge or Griffin with their back to the basket.
Pretty much. I'll take my chances with Blake Griffin lol. KD is unstoppable though, Giannis is the only guy in the league who has a fair shot at guarding him imo.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nets will cave and pay the fines in NY come playoff time if need be. They aren’t going to lose out on a ship over 6 figures worth of $$ or whatever it is
I've read NBA has instructed teams to follow local laws.

I also kind of think these vaccine mandates may disappear come April (the why is a different discussion I won't have here), but all in all, Irving may play regardless come then.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

I dont even think that matters if they are gonna turn the ball over and not attempt to attack the Nets weaknesses .

You have to pound the ball inside to Vuc early and often and Im not talking about 15 feet away from the basket . Im talking about actually getting him position on the low block consistently and allowing the ball to go inside without him immediately throwing it back out anticipating the double . Stop looking to pass and start looking to score ....However I do feel like the real problem is that because we have no real 4 Vuc is really the only effective screener because every other screen simply produces a guard on guard switch so hes stuck on the perimeter way more than he should be.

You have to drive to the basket

Against that team you have to get to the rim and be willing to take the contact even on missed calls for 48 minutes especially at home .

Not one person on the Nets can stay with Zach athletically and every long jumpshot he takes helps their defense because Durant, Harden ,and Kyrie are all ole defenders waiting for the help to come .

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not sure if I read it here, but first offense is a warning. Second offense is like a 1k fine, Third is like 2k, 4 is 5k, and 5 and up is the same at 5k a game. They will pay that in a heartbeat lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mentioned this last night.....they shot lights out....CRAZY lights out. Like 56% FG and 53% from 3Pt.....if they shot like that all the time they'd be damn near undefeated. It was one game. They just got blown out by OKC tonight.....shooting like 21% on their threes. Bulls need to get their people back but the Nets are not some unbeatable guantlet.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I mentioned this last night.....they shot lights out....CRAZY lights out. Like 56% FG and 53% from 3Pt.....if they shot like that all the time they'd be damn near undefeated. It was one game. They just got blown out by OKC tonight.....shooting like 21% on their threes. Bulls need to get their people back but the Nets are not some unbeatable guantlet.

I agree with this 100% but the Bulls should've expected better play from them after they beat them twice already and everyone was doubting them .You simply cant let them come in your house on national tv and embarrass you like that.

As I said prior to this game this is huge stretch of games for the Bulls for league respect with all these national tv games which we already dont have a lot of . A lot of these voting media folks tune in for the national tv games only so if these guys don't perform on the big stage no matter of wins or numbers will get them on all nba teams .

Zach is now 3rd among guards in all star voting and Bullsnation will probably push him in to starting for sure with Demar but if we cant beat these good teams then we all know where the narrative is headed