Not a single TE caught for more than 100 yards!!

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I was going through one of the thread talking about WR and I wanted to see receiving yards and I came across the fact that not a single TE broke the 100 yard barrier!!

It is not like we had a great blocking TE group helping us run the ball. And Nagy's offense is designed around good TE play?

Trey Burton is getting paid to be a top TE in the League and he had 84 yards....

If they do anything this year in FA, it needs to be this position. We need a Kelce, Kittle or Andrews(10 TDs!) type season out of the position and we got nothing out the position because Burton and Shaheen were the "starters" and both were a waste of roster space....

I think Burton is too expensive to cut, but I hope they start the season with Holtz and Horstead as the starters, getting the reps in camp and either draft or get a FA TE....

SF did what the Bears should have been able to do...Run the Ball and get great TE play.

With Trubisky in his final year of his rookie deal I think that needs to be the identity of the Bears if they want to have a successful season.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears need more than Holtz and Horstead as starters...

They at least need healthy Burton from 2018 where he was a top ten TE productivity-wise.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The Bears need more than Holtz and Horstead as starters...

They at least need healthy Burton from 2018 where he was a top ten TE productivity-wise.
Burton is too expensive to cut or trade, so yeah, I hope he is 100% healthy and mentally ready to have a bounce back year.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Burton is too expensive to cut or trade, so yeah, I hope he is 100% healthy and mentally ready to have a bounce back year.
I always hated this type of mindset. Reminds me of Cutler when Fox was hired. The Bears couldn't cut Cutler because his dead money would be too high. They would have to wait 2 years to cut him. I'm not 100% sure how dead money towards the cap works vs Cutlers contract against the cap. Basically my understanding is the Bears didn't want to cut Cutler when Fox was hired because there was too much dead money towards the cap, instead, they paid Cutler the money, it went against the cap anyways, now you have a $20 mil QB on your roster so you have to play him, you are planning on cutting him in two years so you basically thru away two seasons when at the very least you could have drafted a 3rd or 4th rd QB and see what happens. Maybe he turns into something, if he doesn't, you are probably in contention for the 1st pick in the draft. In the case of Burton, if he is healthy and in the right state of mind I think he is an asset and worth his contract. If the team feels he will never return to the type of player he was 2 years ago I just don't see what the team has to gain by keeping him just because his contact has a lot of dead money.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I always hated this type of mindset. Reminds me of Cutler when Fox was hired. The Bears couldn't cut Cutler because his dead money would be too high. They would have to wait 2 years to cut him. I'm not 100% sure how dead money towards the cap works vs Cutlers contract against the cap. Basically my understanding is the Bears didn't want to cut Cutler when Fox was hired because there was too much dead money towards the cap, instead, they paid Cutler the money, it went against the cap anyways, now you have a $20 mil QB on your roster so you have to play him, you are planning on cutting him in two years so you basically thru away two seasons when at the very least you could have drafted a 3rd or 4th rd QB and see what happens. Maybe he turns into something, if he doesn't, you are probably in contention for the 1st pick in the draft. In the case of Burton, if he is healthy and in the right state of mind I think he is an asset and worth his contract. If the team feels he will never return to the type of player he was 2 years ago I just don't see what the team has to gain by keeping him just because his contact has a lot of dead money.
I don't understand the whole dead money thing all that well either, but I think it is like a wife, cheaper to keep her kind of thing.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand the whole dead money thing all that well either, but I think it is like a wife, cheaper to keep her kind of thing.
By the same token, it may not be cheaper to move on but your outlook begins to look much brighter.

Liked Posts:
An offense that badly needs tight end production to work and this stat is true.

Yet Nagy doesn’t have to give up play calling.

Liked Posts:
Must be Trubiskys fault that he can’t keep up with other quarterbacks in his Dodge Neon while others have Dodge Vipers.

The fact someone like Trey Burton is rarely criticized when someone like Trubisky constantly is says a lot about how dumb our fan base is.

Trubisky has a lot of issues, but guy gives 100% every day in all facets. It’s obvious.

Meanwhile, Burton asks to not do plays called that the Bears spent time and resources to game plan for him because of anxiety, randomly skips playoff games with very little warning, and then takes entire seasons off for God knows why. And you see him criticized 1/100000th as much as Trubisky.

I don’t care if Burton has mental issues. Then retire and give the Bears back their money and get help.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
The fact someone like Trey Burton is rarely criticized when someone like Trubisky constantly is says a lot about how dumb our fan base is.

Trubisky has a lot of issues, but guy gives 100% every day in all facets. It’s obvious.

Meanwhile, Burton asks to not do plays called that the Bears spent time and resources to game plan for him because of anxiety, randomly skips playoff games with very little warning, and then takes entire seasons off for God knows why. And you see him criticized 1/100000th as much as Trubisky.

I don’t care if Burton has mental issues. Then retire and give the Bears back their money and get help.

What does one thing have to do with the other? Trubisky plays the most important position in football. Burton is an overpaid h-back. They are both huge disappointments, it's just that one of their failures has tanked an entire football team and the other is, again, an h-back.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
What does one thing have to do with the other? Trubisky plays the most important position in football. Burton is an overpaid h-back. They are both huge disappointments, it's just that one of their failures has tanked an entire football team and the other is, again, an h-back.

You freakin act like Trubisky plays all positions by himself, ever throw and catch your own passes? And as far as his over throws, Speedy guys can't seem to run as fast as they were brought in and paid to do! I said all last season,I thought they were supposed to be world class speedsters.
But then again some people can only jump on the band wagon and cut others down to make themselves feel better because all they can do type.

Liked Posts:

I don’t think one player can tank a team. The Bears proved as a football team they were nowhere near good enough to win a super bowl this year. Even if the Bears had a clone of Mahomes, the Chiefs still beat the Bears in a head to head match up. Hill, Kelce, an offensive line that can block, Andy Reid, the Bears don’t have any of those 4 things.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don’t think one player can tank a team. The Bears proved as a football team they were nowhere near good enough to win a super bowl this year. Even if the Bears had a clone of Mahomes, the Chiefs still beat the Bears in a head to head match up. Hill, Kelce, an offensive line that can block, Andy Reid, the Bears don’t have any of those 4 things.

You will not enjoy this forum. You’re way too rational.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I was going through one of the thread talking about WR and I wanted to see receiving yards and I came across the fact that not a single TE broke the 100 yard barrier!!

It is not like we had a great blocking TE group helping us run the ball. And Nagy's offense is designed around good TE play?

Trey Burton is getting paid to be a top TE in the League and he had 84 yards....

If they do anything this year in FA, it needs to be this position. We need a Kelce, Kittle or Andrews(10 TDs!) type season out of the position and we got nothing out the position because Burton and Shaheen were the "starters" and both were a waste of roster space....

I think Burton is too expensive to cut, but I hope they start the season with Holtz and Horstead as the starters, getting the reps in camp and either draft or get a FA TE....

SF did what the Bears should have been able to do...Run the Ball and get great TE play.

With Trubisky in his final year of his rookie deal I think that needs to be the identity of the Bears if they want to have a successful season.

Why? Both appear to be backups.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

This is simply not true. Burton is regularly called mentally weak and written off by many fans. The consensus is that the contract was a mistake and the Bears need an upgrade at the TE position. Trubisky gets more attention because he plays the most important position on the field. And most fans realize he has not been good enough. Not even close.

coolio

Liked Posts:

Why should we care when a guy gives it “all” when he sucks? This isn’t a participation trophy league. Trubisky is three years in and still the same exact guy, close to 0 improvements on his game, and Burton is not liked among fans, so idk where that comes from. Burton doesn’t play the most important position in the sport is why. This franchise invested much more in #10 and just because he plays doesn't mean they're even getting a return on that investment

Anyway, Trubisky nor Burton will be on the roster after 2020.

And they both have mental issues. Trubiskys shaky confidence has been documented and there's always been smoke about it.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We known Trubisky is not elite.

Like 80% of QBs he is personnel dependent.

Pace did a shit job of building the offense so he could be successful. That is the one reason I am not totally done with him.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You freakin act like Trubisky plays all positions by himself, ever throw and catch your own passes? And as far as his over throws, Speedy guys can't seem to run as fast as they were brought in and paid to do! I said all last season,I thought they were supposed to be world class speedsters.
But then again some people can only jump on the band wagon and cut others down to make themselves feel better because all they can do type.
Give me a break, Tyreke Hill couldn't run down Mitch's overthrows