Not all of it was bad.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The Bears lacked an identity on offense all year. 6 games in and Nagy couldn't scheme his passing game to put up points. It was as if defenses could predict what was actually going to be the call before the play happens. Maybe that's just how it is when teams see you passing 40 times a game. They just kinda sit back and play the pass. With game seven nobody seemed to be excited to see the offense on the field due to its lack of efficiency all year. A few things happened though this Sunday that may change the entire team moving forward.

1. Mitch actually read the defense. He scanned the field and found guys open, he found multiple targets in the game for big plays downfield all over the field. Its as if he got his ego bruised so hard that he hit rock bottom and something started to change in his head. Yeah I know he threw that INT and the overthrow to Gabriel but if you think those are mistakes that don't happen or cant be made up for you are wrong. Mitch again drove the team back into a winnable situation and sadly got cuffed by his coach so that he didn't run another play. It shouldn't have mattered but it did.

2. Nagy apparently took some advice and ran a different run game. Montgomery exploded in the offense like we knew he could this offseason. We saw 6 OL on the field a few times. A couple of TEs. A few plays with FBs in the game. It was amazing to watch from a strategy standpoint and may have awoken Nagy to the idea that he doesn't have to force a square peg into a round hole every time. Anyways the rushing game balanced out the throwing attack and the Bears dominated the Chargers defense everywhere except inside the 10 yard line. This still sucks but it is major progress on where we have been all season.

3. Our identity as an offense has been discovered. Hopefully Nagy realizes that. "I wasn't brought here to run the I formation" had more success with the I formation than he did all year with his read options and quick outs all year. Montgomery wore the Chargers down. Which is what Howard used to do only I think he did it a bit better. This aided Mitch significantly in the passing game and even allowed him to pick up a big 10 yard first down at the end of the game with his legs. Montgomery softens defenses and takes the wind out of them. This helps everyone. Nagy included.

The I formation. 6 OL power runs. Single back under center. Full house formation. When you have a running back that runs with this much power you want him to be met in the ally by a DB. These formations are all about playing gap sound football and defenses and players especially are not built to take on running backs in the hole 4-5 times a game.

Also if Matt Nagy is a genius. I would love to see him be able to run and I formation or jumbo package and sneak a TE out for a big PA pass once in a while. He's stubborn but I know he isn't stupid.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
If Mitch is the QB, let him fucking play, Nagy. That knee is unforgivable to me. Also, Nagy abandoned the run with the lead and showed why he doesn't have faith in Mitch. Shanahan is coaching circles around Nagy with much the same issues at QB. LEARN the lesson already Nagy and let's stop pretending Mitch is the guy and draw up successful gameplans around Mitch for when we are ahead, when we are behind, when we are in the redzone, etc. It seems like he still doesn't know what to do with Mitch at QB and I wonder if someone somewhere is still trying to protect Mitch. It is backfiring spectacularly.

TL;DR - man, our offense still has no identity. With the lead, Nagy abandoned what had been working all day to put it in Mitch's hands and turn the lead over only to take it again away from Mitch's hands when we needed it most. It is really that bad.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes, Mitch looks better against 2 - 5 teams.

And we still lost.
A 2-5 team who’s dead last in QB completion, 28th In QB rating and a handful of other terrible stats. Luckily they have a offense to take some pressure off of them.

OP is one of trashbinskys last apologists. A complete overstatement of his game. No standards.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I actually think it was the right formula for this particular team. They just sucked in the red zone. Turn a couple of those field goals into TD’s (easier said than done. I understand) and convert at least one of the missed field goals. its not really asking for a lot. That’s doable. And your looking at 27 points. That more than this team needs. I don’t want to make excuses. I don’t really even want to hear it myself. But it was a fluky loss. Just based on the stats. They happen. Also felt better to see Mitch not just force feeding Robinson all game.

I‘m not sure if Nagy can do it. But they have have become a ball control, running team who relies on its defense. This roster just can’t be the type of offense he wants. Mitch isn’t good enough. I’m not sure the receivers or line are good enough either. Play to your strengths.

I guess I’m also a little concerned the D takes a huge loss without Hicks. They’ve been pretty soft since he got hurt. Especially in the trenches. Is there really that big of a drop off without him or is it other stuff too? They were better against LA, but they suck anyway so who knows what that means.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
PassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPass
RkPlayerTmOppResultCmpAttCmp%YdsTDIntRateSkYdsY/AAY/A
1Deshaun WatsonHOULACW 27-20253473.5335130135.821410.3212.09
2Jacoby BrissettINDLACL 24-30212777.7819020120.72177.048.52
3Ryan TannehillTENLACW 23-20232979.3131221120.121710.7610.59
4Joe FlaccoDENLACW 20-13142070.001821194.23239.107.85
5Matthew StaffordDETLACW 13-10223073.332452291.7008.176.50
6Josh RosenMIALACL 10-30172470.831801188.94187.506.46
7Devlin HodgesPITLACW 24-17152075.001321187.9006.605.35
8Mitchell TrubiskyCHILACL 16-17233565.712530175.14277.235.94

Provided by Pro-Football-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 10/29/2019.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
PassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPass
RkPlayerTmOppResultCmpAttCmp%YdsTDIntRateSkYdsY/AAY/A
1Deshaun WatsonHOULACW 27-20253473.5335130135.821410.3212.09
2Jacoby BrissettINDLACL 24-30212777.7819020120.72177.048.52
3Ryan TannehillTENLACW 23-20232979.3131221120.121710.7610.59
4Joe FlaccoDENLACW 20-13142070.001821194.23239.107.85
5Matthew StaffordDETLACW 13-10223073.332452291.7008.176.50
6Josh RosenMIALACL 10-30172470.831801188.94187.506.46
7Devlin HodgesPITLACW 24-17152075.001321187.9006.605.35
8Mitchell TrubiskyCHILACL 16-17233565.712530175.14277.235.94

Provided by Pro-Football-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 10/29/2019.

OK, but did pro-football-reference take into account that Mitch finally threw some FUCKING DINGERS?!? Didn't think so, this is fake news.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears lacked an identity on offense all year. 6 games in and Nagy couldn't scheme his passing game to put up points. It was as if defenses could predict what was actually going to be the call before the play happens. Maybe that's just how it is when teams see you passing 40 times a game. They just kinda sit back and play the pass. With game seven nobody seemed to be excited to see the offense on the field due to its lack of efficiency all year. A few things happened though this Sunday that may change the entire team moving forward.

1. Mitch actually read the defense. He scanned the field and found guys open, he found multiple targets in the game for big plays downfield all over the field. Its as if he got his ego bruised so hard that he hit rock bottom and something started to change in his head. Yeah I know he threw that INT and the overthrow to Gabriel but if you think those are mistakes that don't happen or cant be made up for you are wrong. Mitch again drove the team back into a winnable situation and sadly got cuffed by his coach so that he didn't run another play. It shouldn't have mattered but it did.

2. Nagy apparently took some advice and ran a different run game. Montgomery exploded in the offense like we knew he could this offseason. We saw 6 OL on the field a few times. A couple of TEs. A few plays with FBs in the game. It was amazing to watch from a strategy standpoint and may have awoken Nagy to the idea that he doesn't have to force a square peg into a round hole every time. Anyways the rushing game balanced out the throwing attack and the Bears dominated the Chargers defense everywhere except inside the 10 yard line. This still sucks but it is major progress on where we have been all season.

3. Our identity as an offense has been discovered. Hopefully Nagy realizes that. "I wasn't brought here to run the I formation" had more success with the I formation than he did all year with his read options and quick outs all year. Montgomery wore the Chargers down. Which is what Howard used to do only I think he did it a bit better. This aided Mitch significantly in the passing game and even allowed him to pick up a big 10 yard first down at the end of the game with his legs. Montgomery softens defenses and takes the wind out of them. This helps everyone. Nagy included.

The I formation. 6 OL power runs. Single back under center. Full house formation. When you have a running back that runs with this much power you want him to be met in the ally by a DB. These formations are all about playing gap sound football and defenses and players especially are not built to take on running backs in the hole 4-5 times a game.

Also if Matt Nagy is a genius. I would love to see him be able to run and I formation or jumbo package and sneak a TE out for a big PA pass once in a while. He's stubborn but I know he isn't stupid.

When Nagy called plays downfield the team moved the ball..Then Nagy got scared that he might score and went back to E-W plays

cutty4ever

Liked Posts:

This is the first post in a while on this board that captures the reality of the team right now. Like King Cutty said - there are no blue prints for how long it takes for a qb to figure it out. NO ONE here knows if Mitch is good or bad or average. Time will tell, if the meatheads and/or media don't get the organization to react and do something stupid because they don't want to "waste" this elite defense. As if any of this shit matters. Patriots keep on trucking with scrubs, mediocres, and elites. That's because even the janitor knows the playbook by now over there. Us? We have had so many qb / coach / oc coach changes it's a miracle anyone at Hallas Hall even knows how to get to Soldier Field.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
When Nagy called plays downfield the team moved the ball..Then Nagy got scared that he might score and went back to E-W plays
If you watch the game yes. But if you arent paying attention. Youre too busy yelling about trubisky and supporting your hateful agenda to realize this

Zenjohn

Liked Posts:

Thank you for your post. I get so tried of the negativity by some towards the team and the disrespect by many to others here.
A football team’s season is a story. The story this year will not be as fun and as exciting as last year.
The coach, the quarterback, and the team are lost and confused. The story of what happens from here will be interesting. Will any leadership emerge from the GM or the coaching staff or will desperation and fear overcome them all.
I will just wait and see. The team is going nowhere, but how they deal with the adversity they are in will be drama. Overall, it’s only a game .