Not happy with the draft? Who should Poles have picked? Give us names.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OK all you armchair GMs. Who in your opinion SHOULD Poles have picked? Now that we all know who would have been available for our picks post the players you wanted. I’ll bump this in a couple years and we can all bask in your genius!

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Well, since you asked if I were staying put at 39 I would have went with Ronald Reagan. Nacy could have brought the D.A.R.E program back to Chicago.

I was torn at 48 but decided to roll with Dick Cheney because you really can't go wrong with a prospect who has a bionic heart. The bears should get 15 years out of him easy.

71 I would have given to a make a wish kid and let him/her go full send.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
The first 2 choices are good.

I would have passed on Velus Jones in round 3 with Bernhard Raimann still on the board. You then could have taken Bo Melton later...a fairly similar player at WR.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Wouldve take Matt Araiza in the 5th and Robinson in the 7th instead. Rookie mistake Poles...

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I would have preferred Pickens at 39 and more than 1 WR drafted, but I really like the emphasis on OL.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Corral (calm down I love Fields but I’m not passing on that kind of draft capital value, bpa)over Gordon(soon to be outside failure, hopefully his reclamation at nickel is with the Bears)
PSU safety a keeper.
Tenn WR a keeper/Depth/St add.
A bunch of garbage after that. It wouldn’t be hard to sift the draft for improvements, but I would keep the outside linebacker and the OT from San Diego St. I haven’t studied this draft class.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I love the first pick and am ok with the second pick. Safety early isn’t ideal but at least guy has talent. I don’t care about picks 5-7 whatever happens there is gravy. That 3 pick was angelo level ?. If I was to change that pick I guess I would have liked Winfrey. He might not be long term started but at least can develop into a rotational 3 tech like when we had tank Johnson. Can’t wait until we go all lovie next year and get a dt in first and second round. Other honorable mentions Dylan parham prob would be a day one starter on this oline. Raimann prob would have been a day one starter also. He was also on the older side I believe but lot less development needed for him.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I can't argue with picks 1 and 2. We needed a lot of help in the secondary and I really like Brisker.

In the 3rd at WR with who was available, I would have gone Tolbert out of South Alabama over Jones. We will see who is right.

I like the trade downs to get more picks after that. I do think it would have been valid to try and get into the 4th and grab an OT like Faalele but then instead of having 7 othe picks in the late rounds, the Bears probably have like 2. Is the difference between him and Braxton Jones who we got worth not getting the 2 other offensive linemen, Ebner at RB, Robinson at OLB? I say no.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Another strategy would have been to go Raimann at OT instead of Jones at WR in round 3. There is a chance he would start on our line. But then everyone and their brother would be saying we had picked no WR worth a damn even if we grabbed like 3 in the later rounds.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The fact of the matter is when the Bears picked at 39, there was little value at WR unless you wanted to chance Moore or Pickens which I just don't agree with. I don't think they are day 1 impact players like Gordon and Brisker are.

I just wonder if the Packers did not trade up and take Watson if the Bears would have taken him. Watson was really all over scouts draft boards. I saw some say he was a mid first rounder and others say he was a 3rd rounder at best. Some say he was an athletic freak who would burn the top off the secondary and others said he couldn't run routes to get open in the NFL. He was just such a wildcard of a pick but the ceiling certainly was there for sure.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I would have liked the Bears to pick Shakir at 148 instead of trading that pick to Buffalo. Buffalo used that pick to grab Shakir. It’s nitpicking, but I thought the Bears liked him and I think his skillset was a real value at 148. Still, I like the process and refuse to criticize at this stage.