Not just another guy named Johnson

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Doug, I knew you were a fan. I still need some convincing, not necessarily on him as a player, but on what exactly type of player he is, and how if the Bulls drafted him would they use him and how him being on the roster affects and impacts other frontcourt players that we have in Deng, Tyrus, and Noah.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
He's the guy I want as well. I just don't see him being there

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Basghetti80 wrote:
Doug, I knew you were a fan. I still need some convincing, not necessarily on him as a player, but on what exactly type of player he is, and how if the Bulls drafted him would they use him and how him being on the roster affects and impacts other frontcourt players that we have in Deng, Tyrus, and Noah.

I don't know how we'll use him. He'd have to play the four. I just think that at the end of the day, if he's on the board that he'll be the best player left. I'd probably take Johnson in the top 10.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
I like Johnson's skill set, but he seems like a guy without a defensive position. I don't think he'll be able to guard on the perimeter, I doubt he'll be able to guard on the interior, and he won't be able to protect the basket with his shotblocking. I could see why poeople could fall in love with his game, becuase he is a shot maker. But after the offense I see nothing but negatives.

At this point, if Mullens or Williams are not available, I would probably like to see the Bulls trade down and try to get a second rounder.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
I hear the Pistons will trade Prince or Rip for a big, then draft James Johnson.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
I hear the Pistons will trade Prince or Rip for a big, then draft James Johnson.

source?

Im sure theyd love to trade Rip for a solid big, but nobody has written anything about it to my knowledge thus far. Depends how badly they want to "blow up" this team. You could probably trade both in separate deals and get a lot younger and nab a few picks too.